Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Blue1: luggage not checked to final destination (???)

Blue1: luggage not checked to final destination (???)

Old Jun 18, 07, 12:50 pm
AHO

Originally Posted by Pteropous View Post
I don't know how common it is in Europe, where most airlines have ticket interlining agreements (don't they?), but when I lived in Asia, it was more common to have several tickets in one PNR than not. Also have had it for connecting from international to US domestic.
The rule is called "End-on-End"(not "back-to-back").

When you want to fly AAA-CCC, sometimes the combination of AAA-BBB ticket and BBB-CCC ticket is cheaper than AAA-CCC.
If ticket rule allow this, you can combaine two ticket as one booking and pay just sum of AAA-BBB & BBB-CCC tickets.

Sample:
Code:
END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED
Old Jun 29, 07, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
Originally Posted by ranskis View Post
- to rebook passengers only on its own metal in case of irregular situation (overbooked, canceled flight...) even if seats are available only 3 days later
We are almost there. SK is limiting the allowed carriers more and more for each time sh*t happens. Just look at the rules during the last strike. Only the last day SK opened up possibilities to rebook to AF for example.
- a fee for each checked luggage
Don't worry, man. It will be there sooner than you think.
- 28 inches eco class seat pitch and a generous 30 inches biz class seat pitch
This is probably why the start to limit the number of C seats. Just to guarantee that these passengers won't get into the comfort zone of 28inch.
- airport agents totally outsourced to focus on the core business: raw flights
Didn't they talk about selling SGS?
- premium seat for sale (like emergency exits, first rows of economy..)
I think this will happen rather soon.
- lottery on board
I hope not. But all the charter flights has this so why not.
- lounges access for all at 25 EUR each
Probably they will start selling lounge access cards or membership cards like the US airlines does.
Old Jun 29, 07, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Q400 View Post
It's not so common to have a PNR which has two ticket numbers at least I've never had one. Correct me if wrong so for majority of people business as usual.
I have experienced this twice I think. The worst part is that I get the travel confirmation from the corporate travel agency I don't get the ticket number(s). So I don't actually know if the PNR contains of more than one ticket or not...

Has anyone experienced this practice in reality yet?
Old Jun 29, 07, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo,SPG Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum (IEC&FI)
Originally Posted by GetAA81Back2ARN View Post
I have experienced this twice I think. The worst part is that I get the travel confirmation from the corporate travel agency I don't get the ticket number(s). So I don't actually know if the PNR contains of more than one ticket or not...
If you check your itinerary online then you should be able to see the two ticket numbers in there, works at least in Amadeus in my experience.
Old Jun 30, 07, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by miikka View Post
If you check your itinerary online then you should be able to see the two ticket numbers in there, works at least in Amadeus in my experience.
That is what I also use. For a short while after the new design was introduced, though, checkmytrip.com didn't show the ticket numbers even though they were issued. It was corrected a few weeks later though.

One of the situations where I had two tickets in one PNR was a trip around USA where the number of segments exceeded 9 so that two tickets were required. In this case it is clearly written on the tickets that the two tickets are issued in conjunction with each other.

Reading on SAS Sales Info it says the following:

Through check-in of passenger and baggage from all destinations except Norway
Through check-in (TPD) of passengers and baggage holding separate tickets is not permitted.
To be able to through check-in passengers and baggage to the final destination the tickets must constitute one contract and there must be a reference between the tickets (issued in conjunction with each other).
So if the tickets are referenced to each other in the PNR it may actually work with thorugh check-in. Or?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: