Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Potential new strike: SAS Sweden FAs this time

Old May 14, 2007, 1:14 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I guess the Swedes are at least polite enough to give warning before striking.

I hope this will be resolved before the deadline on May 25th:

http://www.htf.se/templates/HTF_Press_Page.aspx?id=8760
Old May 14, 2007, 1:58 pm

Amazing, in regards to all the sour comments given by swedish FAs during the danish strike.
Is HTF organizing all the swedish FAs or just part of them? And the pursers?
Old May 14, 2007, 2:27 pm

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
Amazing, in regards to all the sour comments given by swedish FAs during the danish strike.
Is HTF organizing all the swedish FAs or just part of them? And the pursers?
Remember, this is (if it happens) a legal strike where the rules are being followed, which makes it a completely different story
Old May 14, 2007, 2:40 pm

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
I just book my tickets and post my miles with SK these days
Old May 15, 2007, 2:15 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
I am certainly not a fan of strikes, but I have to say at least it's a legal strike this time and they make it perfectly clear what their requirements are and give SAS a chance (10 days) to do something about it.

A very different story from the complete disaster in Copenhagen earlier.

The claim they want higher salaries now when SAS is performing well, especially since they accepted deteriorating conditions in 2004 to get SAS back on the feet.
Old May 15, 2007, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Silver, EB Silver, RR Silver.
I will be flying on 25th of May with JK051 MAD-ARN, and next day SK1499 ARN-OSL. IF they will strike will my SK flight be affected?

Thanks.
Old May 15, 2007, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by thesimflyer
I will be flying on 25th of May with JK051 MAD-ARN, and next day SK1499 ARN-OSL. IF they will strike will my SK flight be affected?

Thanks.
Probably as this is a SAS SE, but SASBraathens will still operate ARN-OSL so you most likely won't be stuck. But if possible I would try to rebook to SK853 which leaves ARN 09:45 (only 35min after SK1499)
Old May 15, 2007, 10:46 am

While I agree that a inlegal strike is totally unacceptable, as a passenger I basically do not care if the strike is legal or not - I will not get closer to my destination if it is a legal strike.

I could be interesting to see the count on overall strikes in the three hubs - asopposed to marketing stunt of the SE/NO/DK number illegal strikes the past ten years of 1/5/75...
Old May 15, 2007, 11:49 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
While I agree that a inlegal strike is totally unacceptable, as a passenger I basically do not care if the strike is legal or not - I will not get closer to my destination if it is a legal strike.

I could be interesting to see the count on overall strikes in the three hubs - asopposed to marketing stunt of the SE/NO/DK number illegal strikes the past ten years of 1/5/75...
Well, a legal strike gives you some advance warning, and you may then alter your plans to accomodate for the uncertainty -- eg. calling Lufty or the Flying Dutchmen... Or Sterling... ooops... well... their pilots are about to strike, so might not do you any good.
Old May 15, 2007, 1:26 pm
fcl

Programs: EBS
Will this also effect SAS international?

Will the strike also effect the SAS International flights?

In that case would it be better to book ORD-CPH than ORD-ARN and hope that ORD-CPH has a Danish crew?
Old May 15, 2007, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by fcl
Will the strike also effect the SAS International flights?

In that case would it be better to book ORD-CPH than ORD-ARN and hope that ORD-CPH has a Danish crew?
The ARN IC flights are usually staffed by SE crew, while the CPH flight usually have a mix between DK and NO, so I would book via CPH and not ARN this time
Old May 15, 2007, 4:24 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Someone83
The ARN IC flights are usually staffed by SE crew, while the CPH flight usually have a mix between DK and NO, so I would book via CPH and not ARN this time
It shouldn't make a difference. There's a mix of crew on the SAS international flights. If there's a strike, I'm sure the intercont flights will depart as usual with Norwegian or Danish crew
Old May 15, 2007, 10:54 pm
fcl

Programs: EBS
Originally Posted by tommy777
It shouldn't make a difference. There's a mix of crew on the SAS international flights. If there's a strike, I'm sure the intercont flights will depart as usual with Norwegian or Danish crew
The Swedish news agency TT says:

"SAS Sweden domestic traffic is put to a stop and most of the company's European flights are cancelled if there is a strike. The company's long haul to Asia and the US will not be affected by the strike."

http://di.se/Nyheter/?page=/Avdelnin...tionId%3DEttan
Old May 16, 2007, 5:23 am

According to di.se has SAS Sweden threatened with a lockout should a strike begin.

However some number are out. SAS is offering 10,2% over 3 years while the FAs are demanding what is equal to a raise in salary costs og 25%. However, negotiations are still being held
Old May 21, 2007, 2:22 am

Programs: EBG, Marriot Silver
Strike 25.05!!!!

HTF varslar om strejk för 800 kabinanställda på SAS Sverige från klockan 05.00 den 25MAJ07.Varslet omfattar SAS Sveriges produktion inom Sverige och flyg mellan Sverige och Europa.
SAS långlinjer till/från STO omfattas ej av varslet.
Produktionen mellan STO – CPH och GOT – CPH flygs till största delen av SAS Danmark och berörs i mindre omfattning. Flygningarna mellan STO - OSL delas mellan SAS Braathens och SAS Sverige och förväntas fungera med vissa störningar.
Nästa steg är medling. Tills vidare flyger SAS Sverige som planerat.
Om strejken blir ett faktum kommer dispens från strejk medges under perioden 11JUN07 klockan 00.00 till den 12AUG07 kl 24.00 för att i möjligaste mån undvika störningar under semesterperioden.
För aktuell information, som kontinuerligt kommer att uppdateras om strejken äger rum, se www.sasalesinfo.com och www.sas.se.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.