Eurobonus Silver benefits

Old Mar 23, 2007, 5:08 pm

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Exactly. And just to clarify even more; my experiences with extra baggage allowance on LH and LX have all been using my (combined Diners/) EBS card, only.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: SAS EB, A3
How is it these days

This is my first post at FT (Although I have been reading in spy-mode for a while).

I am currently EBB, soon to be EBS. Qualifing on nr. of flights. I guess silver is lame, average-joe FFP status for you guys. I am still pretty young, and stepping up from basic to silver (first real status qualification) feels exciting (you might remember..?)

Anyway, regarding the business check-in: would I be able to bring my travel companion to the business check-in as a EBS, even if we have seperate booking - or does both tickets have to be booket through my account?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: Skywards GOLD, Eurobonus DIAMOND, Etihad Guest GOLD
Originally Posted by lyktestolpe123
This is my first post at FT (Although I have been reading in spy-mode for a while).

I am currently EBB, soon to be EBS. Qualifing on nr. of flights. I guess silver is lame, average-joe FFP status for you guys. I am still pretty young, and stepping up from basic to silver (first real status qualification) feels exciting (you might remember..?)

Anyway, regarding the business check-in: would I be able to bring my travel companion to the business check-in as a EBS, even if we have seperate booking - or does both tickets have to be booket through my account?
Official you should be on the same ticket, but I would be supprised if "the nice lady" in the check-in counter would ask your friend to find another counter, they are human you know
Old Feb 22, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
I think you should have no problems taking your companion along. I usually just do (mostly CPH) and ask nicely, something along the lines "Would you mind helping my friend and me with the check-in, please". It helps to be ready to politely accept a No when asking such things, but that never happened to me so far. And congratulations to your Silver achievement, I hope it will make your travelling a little bit nicer.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe
The extra luggage allowance on other airlines is not an official benefit, but I've never had any problems travelling with ~ 30kg + my tennis bag (about 5-8 kg) on both Lufthansa and Swiss.

Like I said, it may not be an official benefit, but they "just don't care" I guess.
Same experience for me with non-M&M *S when flying LH and LX. Somewhat overweight luggage never seemed a problem, but I always made sure to be nice about it to the check-in agent, and usually had my credit card ready to pay for it. I never did, but I might just have been lucky.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: EBG (* G), CFA (ST E+)
I can only confirm that in CPH, in any situation in which you can expect that an SK employee could or could not play it nicely, they always sided with me and turned a blind eye (this happened as EBS as well as EBG).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.