Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Lucia point bargain IAD (today only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2006, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, SK-EBB, DL-G, IB-Silver Marriott Gold , HHonors Gold, SHG Gold

Although thankfully added to the Christmas calander thread last night at 22.30 thought this deserved its own thread in order to benefit the maximum number of flyertalkters.

http://www.scandinavian.net/EC/Appl/...253DUS,00.html

Scandinavia-IAD or IAD-Scandinavia (not only CPH-IAD)
20000 M
30000 M/C combo
40000 C

500 online bonus
500 SK Diners/Mastercard payment

Book 13 December only.
Travel westbound 20 January to 3 February.

Great availability at 01:00.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 1:08 am
esv

And not only Scandinavia...

Actually it works between "any SK destination in Europe"-CPH-IAD and v/v, as long as you can find availability on a same-day SK flight which connects to the 12:20 CPH-IAD (otherwise the online engine will not book it).

Uppgifter om resan

Düsseldorf - Washington Dc
EuroBonus Affärsklass

Poängtotal 40 000

Skatter och avgifter tillkommer.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 1:29 am
Original Poster

This is what makes me so angry that they dont do the 22 or 24 hour connections. I tried MAD-CPH-IAD and of course nothing.

I would gladly fly night prior to get connection but even more interested in return to MAD as that connection would work fine on SK.

I booked ARN-CPH-IAD at least but will get stuck paying ow to MAD and dropping the CPH-ARN. JK is better price from ARN anyway but forced an overnight in ARN.

Any chance they will change the return to MAD for me? Bet not.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 9:26 am

Why not make the booking via phone, then this is doable for 20000 points

ARN-CPH
CPH-IAD
IAD-CPH
CPH-MAD
Old Dec 13, 2006, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Balboa
Why not make the booking via phone, then this is doable for 20000 points

ARN-CPH
CPH-IAD
IAD-CPH
CPH-MAD
Well. I tried. So far answering machine all day at EB Spain. EBG CPH closes at 17:00 now and EB Sweden when choose EB as option said please call tomorrow and while holding at 19:58 on the call got cut off at around 20:04.

Called CPH number 24 hour and come to call center in Tallin and they can do nothing with EB bookings. They said internet support can not help.

They need multiple destination choice on net or start showing flights with 24 hour rule as well.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 1:46 pm

I tried too book the following in C for 40000 points:
ARN-CPH
CPH-IAD
IAD-CPH
CPH-ARN

The itinerary showed a ticket fee of 935 SEK in addition to points and taxes.
What do you think these 935 SEK is about? shouldn't the ticket cost be 0?

Vuxen: 935 SEK
Servicearvode: 0 SEK
Moms: 0 SEK
Skatt: 668 SEK

TOTALPRIS: 1.603 SEK
Old Dec 13, 2006, 2:12 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SK displays the fuel surcharges in the ticket price online. What you guys are seeing there are the YQ fuel surcharges.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 2:39 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by oliver2002
SK displays the fuel surcharges in the ticket price online. What you guys are seeing there are the YQ fuel surcharges.
This certanly looks like a fuel surcharge. However, I've tried pricing the same itinerary this in both Amadeus and on ITA, and no fuel surcharge shows up (which by the way is labelled YR on SK flights). I still agree with oliver2002 that this is a fuel surcharge though, perhaps one imposed on award tickets only (ala KLM)?
Old Dec 13, 2006, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

...and we are paying them then? They make no mention of this in the booking process. Is it just an accounting glitch that makes them show on our comfirmation?
Old Dec 13, 2006, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

SK always charged tax and fuel surcharges for award tickets. Nothing new.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

I had heard discussion about this. My last TA award flight was issued May 2004 and they did not have fuel charges then I guess.

I use my points for upgrades and hotels mainly but do love these point offers.

What I am commenting on as odd is that when you approve the purchase onlinie they show only the taxes and not this fuel surcharge. So, you are in sence electronically signing your credit card purchase without full disclosure of charges.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 3:24 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Absolutely! But the interesting question is why they do it for award tickets when they don't for paid tickets (assuming this is a fuel surcharge and POS Sweden).
Old Dec 13, 2006, 3:40 pm

SK charges YR

Insurance, Security and Fuel surcharge (YR)
Introduction
As from 24MAY04 the Insurance and Security surcharge, YR, also includes a Fuel surcharge.

The surcharge will be collected at the time of ticket issuance on any ticket stock issued for travel on all domestic/international flight sectors with SK, JK, JZ and KF-prefix (operating and code share). This is applicable to all fare types/classes with exceptions as mentioned in links below.

The surcharge will be collected from all passengers. Exception for children and infants, see tables.
The surcharge will apply in addition to all other charges and will not be subject to any discounts.
Application
The surcharge is collected per sector.

Tax/fee box
The surcharge YR is to be shown in the tax/fee/charges box of the ticket.

As relating to POS:

YR-surcharge SAS and Blue1
Point of origin
From 01SEP05 SK YR surcharge will be based on point of origin instead of point of sale.

For tickets originating in Denmark, Norway and Sweden No surcharge

Exceptions for SK and KF
¤ Not applicable for infants under 2 years of age
¤ Not applicable on EuroBonus award tickets (also including WF)
¤ Not applicable for ID tickets
¤ Not applicable for SK sectors operated by bus or train

That should mean no YR or YA for intercont segments. But wait, they have a YQ surcharge:

Q-surcharge on SAS Intercontinental fares
Introduction
15SEP05 SAS introduced a Q-surcharge on all intercontinental segments for fares originating in Scandinavia and USA.
Not valid for award travel.
To price without Q-surcharge use /RB,WQ.
For inquiries regarding the Q-surcharge on group bookings contact the local SAS Group Sales.

Originating Scandinavia
A fuel/insurance surcharge of EUR60 per direction will be added to the applicable fare for departure of each sector.
Note: From 25OCT06 the Q-surcharge will be decreased to EUR50. Valid for passengers ticketed on/after 25OCT06 for travel on/after 01NOV06.

Originating the United States
A fuel surcharge of USD 75 per direction will be added to the applicable fare for each sector.
Valid for passengers ticketed on/after 03OCT06 for travel on/after 03OCT06.

General information
The surcharge will be assesed for any fare paying passenger when travel on any SK intercontinental flight.
The amount to be charged will be the USD/EUR amount converted into NUC, using the applicable IATA rate of exchange/ROE at the time of ticketning.
The surcharge will not apply to passengers who are travelling on any SK free ticket.
The surcharge applies in addition to all other charges and is not subject to any discount.
The fuel/insurance surcharge does not apply to an infant passenger not occupying a seat.
The surcharge will be shown in the fare calculation line as a Q-.

Group IT-fares
For group IT-fares which are not automatically priced it must be converted to local currency and inserted manually in the fare calculation and added to the fare:
Example: CPH SK BKK Q375.00 M/IT SK CPH Q375.00 M/IT END

Star RTW
The surcharge shall not be added on the STAR RTW-fares.

Refund
The surcharge follows the applicable rules of the fare.

All very clear as mud.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Did anyone notice they extended the flight availablity by a week during the day from 21 January back to 14 January. 11 minutes left to book I guess.

I just booked a FRA connection at least and a week earlier. Now I just have to get them to cancel the previous booking so I dont have to cancel this one tomorrow.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 3:55 pm

Programs: EBG
5 minutes left....hmmmm

Maybe, maybe not. Just booked an award trip in C for me and my father to EWR i may, but I´m going to the states twice in january, Am I up for the 3 time....???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.