Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS 60 years / Finland offer

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2006, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
SAS 60 years / Finland offer

SAS is offering discounted fares to longhaul destinations. Sorry, couldn't find this in English, only in Finnish and Swedish:

http://www.scandinavian.net/EC/Appl/...MKT=FI,00.html

For example (in EUR and incl taxes):

New York/Washington: 440
Beijing/Shanghai: 558
Chicago: 500
Bangkok: 759
Seattle: 560
Tokyo: 833

From Helsinki, Tampere or Turku. Vaasa +68EUR; Oulu, Kuopio and Rovaniemi +88EUR.

Books in W.

Shanghai, here I come. Happy birthday SAS!
Old Sep 18, 2006, 8:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, AY Gold, BA Gold, TK Gold, ITA Executive Elite+, IHG Diamond AMB
Thumbs down

Waste of money....

On AY they have much better offers like HKG for 399 euros(all in) and get unlimited wine/beer bar & full AA miles.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by Q400
Waste of money....

On AY they have much better offers like HKG for 399 euros(all in) and get unlimited wine/beer bar & full AA miles.
Well, the AY offer 380EUR to Shanghai went already ... Now it is SAS turn. And I thought that AY is not giving unlimited wine/beer bar ... or is gin only restricted? I don't remember. I didn't consume any alcohol in my flight.

EB points are not worth it so I don't care how much they give those. EBG is not worth it so I do not care about that either. Currently I am just shifting between airlines to find good fares to PVG and two weeks ago it was AY and in November it is SK.

I am happy.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by miikka
And I thought that AY is not giving unlimited wine/beer bar ... or is gin only restricted? I don't remember. I didn't consume any alcohol in my flight.
AFAIK light alcohol like wine/beer is unlimited in AY, stronger ones like gin, vodka etc must be paid for.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blueskies
AFAIK light alcohol like wine/beer is unlimited in AY, stronger ones like gin, vodka etc must be paid for.
Oh ok. So AY wins in this case. SAS is really reducing their service, I imagined that AY would have been in the same level with SK.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, AY Gold, BA Gold, TK Gold, ITA Executive Elite+, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by miikka
Oh ok. So AY wins in this case. SAS is really reducing their service, I imagined that AY would have been in the same level with SK.
I know OT but...
Yep... they've kept the service level also in intra-Europe flights (including all day domestic). They've got really nice sparklies in eco... ^
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:44 am
Original Poster

And doesn't help SAS at all when they have this not-so-nice approach to use web booking engine, which doesn't work.

Example 1: Finnair announced discounted fares to China, 380EUR; the fare was bookable right in the Finnair's web pages or through travel agency. Originally I wasn't aware of the fare but my travel agency suggested that to me and I later checked it was available also in Finnair web pages. The standard booking engine, no special web pages or anything.

Example 2: SAS 60 years - if you try to book flight during the correct time in the ordinary web pages you will get the ordinary fares (about 980EUR) but if you happen to check Blue1 web pages and follow the link to the special SAS web page then you are able to book the discounted fare. The special web booking engine however doesn't tell you how much you earn the points. Most probably for obvious reasons

I know that their booking system is probably the oldest in the industry and lacks all the features everyone else is having already and they are slowly rolling out the new engine but they could at least play it fair. Now they are just playing nasty. How do they think their customers will feel after they have booked the higher fare and they find out that there was a discounted fare?

Reason why I do not deal with SAS any longer directly but only through my travel agency. The day I have to call SAS is not going to happen any longer. I know, I know, I am going the opposite direction where everyone else are going. The current trend seems to bypass the travel agencies and deal directly with the airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.