OSL larger than ARN

Old Jul 11, 06, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
OSL larger than ARN

The traffic figures for June is out. OSL had 1.74M passengers, ARN had 1.64M passengers. CPH is still the largest airport in Scandinavia with 2.01M passengers.

So you Swedes, hand over the intercontinentals! We want OSL-EWR and OSL-ORD back!
Old Jul 11, 06, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by larsll
The traffic figures for June is out. OSL had 1.74M passengers, ARN had 1.64M passengers. CPH is still the largest airport in Scandinavia with 2.01M passengers.

So you Swedes, hand over the intercontinentals! We want OSL-EWR and OSL-ORD back!
I'm not Swedish, but I want ARN to have more intercontinental flights than OSL.
Old Jul 11, 06, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
If you give us the oil, you can have the flights.
Old Jul 11, 06, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by GetAA81Back2ARN
I was going to say something like that, but that's just the oil-hungry American in me.
Old Jul 11, 06, 2:17 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GetAA81Back2ARN

Fine by me, I pay 40% tax and 8 bucks a gallon! Gimme OSL-ORD and you can have the oil!
Old Jul 11, 06, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I was going to say something like that, but that's just the oil-hungry American in me.

Dont worry! Soon you will be the leading fuel producers: When cars run on pig crap
Old Jul 11, 06, 2:21 pm

Interesting indeed. With COs ridiculous 75 going 100% full back and forth to EWR every day, we NEED a flight to the US.

UA needs to wake up and smell the coffee since SAS for sure is in a coma. Why are there 2 SK flights to ORD every day? Because it's UAs biggest hub!

I'm positive OSL-ORD will be a goldmine!
Old Jul 11, 06, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by tommy777
Dont worry! Soon you will be the leading fuel producers: When cars run on pig crap
Some lobbyist for the pig-equivalent to Tysons Chicken will be sitting pretty then.
Old Jul 11, 06, 3:18 pm

Interesting indeed. With COs ridiculous 75 going 100% full back and forth to EWR every day, we NEED a flight to the US.

UA needs to wake up and smell the coffee since SAS for sure is in a coma. Why are there 2 SK flights to ORD every day? Because it's UAs biggest hub!

I'm positive OSL-ORD will be a goldmine!
I think OSL-ORD is worth a gamble too, especially if SK placed the new biz cabins on that route too. A well-priced SK alternative to minimize flying CO (in coach) on OSL-US would be welcomed by me too.
Old Jul 11, 06, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold
As an insider, I can tell you that the 'SAS vision' for Norway is all about cheap cheap cheap. And SK Int would not want to 'dilute' its operation by adding OSL to the network. So I am told - shame really, because it'd be good for the whole shebang if SK had a decent long haul network from all 3 Scandie countries.
Old Jul 11, 06, 8:20 pm

Programs: BA; SK; VS, AA
Why did SAS stop servicing EWR-OSL?

Dear all,

Following up on the discussion here, does anyone of you know why SAS stopped servicing their EWR-OSL route a few years back? I recall it was launched with such festivities, but after just a few months it was closed down. Lack of passengers or change of priorities?

As a Norwegian living in New York, I would very much like to see SAS flying to Oslo, instead of having to stop over on my way there...

Anyone...?
Old Jul 11, 06, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by SKmanLHR
As an insider, I can tell you that the 'SAS vision' for Norway is all about cheap cheap cheap. And SK Int would not want to 'dilute' its operation by adding OSL to the network. So I am told - shame really, because it'd be good for the whole shebang if SK had a decent long haul network from all 3 Scandie countries.
I thought that was the strategy for all the 3 national companies, dirt cheap one ways?

SAS International should not be affected by the strategy, though
Old Jul 11, 06, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by amarbokhari
Dear all,

Following up on the discussion here, does anyone of you know why SAS stopped servicing their EWR-OSL route a few years back? I recall it was launched with such festivities, but after just a few months it was closed down. Lack of passengers or change of priorities?

As a Norwegian living in New York, I would very much like to see SAS flying to Oslo, instead of having to stop over on my way there...

Anyone...?
SAS says: Not profitable. IMO: Desperate lack of equipment and management
Old Jul 12, 06, 12:11 am

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
SK could get some 787's in 2011
Old Jul 12, 06, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I'm not Swedish, but I want ARN to have more intercontinental flights than OSL.
That is one surprise - based on most of your posts you must have the swedish genes - as your posts all are very pro-Sweden

National issues aside. An airlines as small as SAS would ideally want only one intercontinental hub (regardless of which of the three capitals would be the hub). There are only 10-11 routes. You dilute operations feeder traffic etc by having more int hub. There is basically only one reason to have 2 or more and that is a pure defensive strategic move to prevent other airlines from take large share of that particular market.

Search this Thread