Search

OSL larger than ARN

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2006, 5:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by larsll
SAS Braathens is earning money, growing and essentially doing goood. They are also operating out of a highly-competitive market. In addition they have tried to add many direct routes for business and pleasure into Europe. Lets see what will happen with that now that SAS wants to centralize management again.
Is SAS Braathens doing that on generally lower fares (i.e., lower fares from OSL than from ARN) for intra-Europe travel? If so, what's the reason for that: cheaper and/or smaller head-count, or other identifiable efficiencies?
Old Jul 13, 2006, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
Originally Posted by tommy777
Interesting indeed. With COs ridiculous 75 going 100% full back and forth to EWR every day, we NEED a flight to the US.

UA needs to wake up and smell the coffee since SAS for sure is in a coma. Why are there 2 SK flights to ORD every day? Because it's UAs biggest hub!

I'm positive OSL-ORD will be a goldmine!
Is 75 the nickname for the 752?
I've been on CO 38/39 four times. Twice I had the exit row for myself and slept like a baby!
Old Jul 13, 2006, 10:04 am

I'm all for reinstating Northwest's OSL-MSP route!
Old Jul 13, 2006, 10:07 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sjefenole
Is 75 the nickname for the 752?
I've been on CO 38/39 four times. Twice I had the exit row for myself and slept like a baby!
75 is just short for the 757 in general.

Any airline where you get a 3 seater to yourself will be comfortable, but to use a single aisle plane for such a long flight, is not very comfortable unless there are many premium seats, like UAs PS service LAX/SFO-JFK.

A full CO flight (and most flights out of Scandinavia are) must be horrible.
156 seats in Economy and only 16 business seats:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Con..._757-200_I.php

UAs exact same aircraft used on PS service: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...757-200_PS.php
Old Jul 13, 2006, 10:15 am

You are right... I have had a packed route in Y OSL-EWR-SEA with layover in EWR before I was ST Elite Plus. It was not really comfortable at all. I try to use KL to AMS and CO from there if I go to a CO hub to get the 767, and NW to SEA.

Wouldn't United Airlines possibly make use of a flight to OSL rather than SAS doing it the other way? Or would that be infringement on SKs territory?
Old Jul 13, 2006, 10:20 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
That's a route I'd love but then NW is going to have to focus on customers whose destination or origin is Oslo and SK would still be better off working out OSL-ORD with connections onward via UA.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:45 am

Programs: QR Plat
What's up with this talk about EWR and MSP and things like that? What we need is for SQ to reinstante the minihub it had in AMS, and move it up north. SIN-OSL-ORD/IAD/DEN would make perfect sense. In my head at least, but then I'm a PPS.

-A
Old Jul 13, 2006, 1:43 pm

Yeah, the DC-10 or the 747-200 are lovely planes who attract many business travelers

And there are about a million Eurobonus members in Norway, about 150 Skyteam
Old Jul 13, 2006, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by ph-ndr
What's up with this talk about EWR and MSP and things like that? What we need is for SQ to reinstante the minihub it had in AMS, and move it up north. SIN-OSL-ORD/IAD/DEN would make perfect sense. In my head at least, but then I'm a PPS.

-A
Yeah, us Scandinavians love airlines where a chance for an op up is about the same as winning the lottery
Old Jul 13, 2006, 6:07 pm

Yeah, us Scandinavians love airlines where a chance for an op up is about the same as winning the lottery
I've never been opup'ed on the 772ER's with SQ. Mostly because I always have padi t be in Raffles, and the only thin in front of me is the cockpit.

-A
Old Jul 14, 2006, 12:24 am

I've never been opup'ed on the 772ER's with SQ. Mostly because I always have padi t be in Raffles, and the only thin in front of me is the cockpit.

-A
Well, goodie for you... Unfortunately, I can't afford to pay 5000 USD x 24 a year myself to go to the US on my own dime. Not yet, anyways...
SQ only uses the 744 to Europe, so there's an upgrade available.... But the cocpit would still be ahead of you in "lowly C"
Old Jul 14, 2006, 1:21 am

Well, goodie for you... Unfortunately, I can't afford to pay 5000 USD x 24 a year myself to go to the US on my own dime. Not yet, anyways...
SQ only uses the 744 to Europe, so there's an upgrade available.... But the cocpit would still be ahead of you in "lowly C"
24 times a year to US is excessive by any standard, a week a year in that place is more than enough for my dosage.

But I do agre, seat row 0 (the cockpit) does have better IFE.

-A
Old Jul 14, 2006, 4:09 am

24 times a year to US is excessive by any standard, a week a year in that place is more than enough for my dosage.

But I do agre, seat row 0 (the cockpit) does have better IFE.

-A
Thank God it's almost over. Will move over October 1st and only work one week a month in Norway. So reduced to 12-15 trans Atlantic round trips a year. But they are all in C, so it will be a lot more fun. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.