Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Last minute special offer, EBG only, today only.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2006, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G

Hi all,

Just stumbled across this on the SAS EB website, today only, travel between now and the end of May:

Copenhagen – New York 25 000 points (60 000)
Copenhagen – Shanghai 25 000 points (80 000)
Stockholm – New York 25 000 points (60 000)

More details here.

Can't go myself, off to BKK tomorrow.

Henlikha
Old May 4, 2006, 1:31 am

Programs: SK *S, IC Plat, Hz 5*
Great! I can't go either, but this is a really nice offer. Keep 'em commin', SAS.
Old May 4, 2006, 1:33 am

Programs: EBG, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by henlikha
Hi all,

Just stumbled across this on the SAS EB website, today only, travel between now and the end of May:

Copenhagen – New York 25 000 points (60 000)
Copenhagen – Shanghai 25 000 points (80 000)
Stockholm – New York 25 000 points (60 000)

More details here.

Can't go myself, off to BKK tomorrow.

Henlikha
Great offer, but very difficult to get some tickets - avabilty seems too be very poor!
Old May 4, 2006, 1:51 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Great offer indeed, but as usual, no offer for C class
Old May 4, 2006, 2:04 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Wow, thanks for the tip. Can't go unfortunately due to a busy May, but this is a great offer!
Old May 4, 2006, 4:19 am

Hmm, I agree with Tommy, give us some premium cabin offers! Booked the ARN-LIN in C for 29K... Would definately jump on a C-offer to the states! At least it could be Y??? But this must be because load in M i slow obviously...
Old May 4, 2006, 9:06 am

Programs: UA*G, SK-EBB, DL-G, IB-Silver Marriott Gold , HHonors Gold, SHG Gold
Originally Posted by 3tflyer
Great offer, but very difficult to get some tickets - avabilty seems too be very poor!
I dont know what you were checking but ARN-EWR came up outbound availablity every day in May except 4 (10, 18, 20 & 24 May), that is pretty good availabity by my standards for a last-minute special offer. CPH came up as an option on most available dates as well.

It seems fair actually that they should have these offers when they are selling ARN-EWR with a fare of 279 euro. I always try to get over $100 in value per 10000 points used.

What I dont get is why do I have to find about all these 'offers' by someone on flyertalk stumbling across them? I visit the website quite frequently but if you are going to have 1-2 day offers shouldnt there be some kind of email generated? Did EBGs in .se and .dk get one?
Old May 4, 2006, 10:56 am

Programs: SK *S, IC Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by MADflyer
(...) shouldnt there be some kind of email generated? Did EBGs in .se and .dk get one?
I didn't get any info fra SAS. In fact the only way I can find the offer is via Henlikhas link ...

Cheers
Old May 4, 2006, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by MADflyer
IWhat I dont get is why do I have to find about all these 'offers' by someone on flyertalk stumbling across them? I visit the website quite frequently but if you are going to have 1-2 day offers shouldnt there be some kind of email generated? Did EBGs in .se and .dk get one?
Nope - nothing for EBGs in DK. I can not even find it on the web when logged in. Only was through the link posted above. Thanks.

Slightly OT: I usually pursue a US 150$ value for every 10k points - unless I have points that are soon to expire (STUPID rule).
Old May 4, 2006, 1:02 pm

Programs: EBB, Flying Blue, Finnair Plus
Noob question (my father is a EBG though): Do you have to pay for taxes in cash on a bonus trip, or are they included?

Is there any specific booking classes that has to be available on a flight for this offer to have availability, or is bonus trip availability unrelated to availability of specific booking classes?
Old May 4, 2006, 1:18 pm

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
Just to make sure: "Book between May 4, 24.00CET until May 5, 24.00CET, 2006" means that its about 2.5 hours left of this offer?
Old May 4, 2006, 1:38 pm

Programs: EBB, Flying Blue, Finnair Plus
Originally Posted by Bjornstrom
Just to make sure: "Book between May 4, 24.00CET until May 5, 24.00CET, 2006" means that its about 2.5 hours left of this offer?
No, May 5, 24:00 would be in 1 day and 2.5 h...
And I'm pretty sure they mean offer started May 4, 00:00, and not 24:00, they say it's a 48 h offer.

"The booking period is short, you have only 48 hours to make your reservation."
Old May 4, 2006, 2:02 pm

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by raol
No, May 5, 24:00 would be in 1 day and 2.5 h...
And I'm pretty sure they mean offer started May 4, 00:00, and not 24:00, they say it's a 48 h offer.

"The booking period is short, you have only 48 hours to make your reservation."
Thanks - I became a bit confused there...

Im trying to convince Ms Bjornstrom to join me on a CPH-PVG flight in late May
Old May 4, 2006, 2:22 pm

Programs: too many to list
Noob question (my father is a EBG though): Do you have to pay for taxes in cash on a bonus trip, or are they included?
Yes, you will have to pay the taxes - usually with a credit card.

Is there any specific booking classes that has to be available on a flight for this offer to have availability, or is bonus trip availability unrelated to availability of specific booking classes?
There are specific booking classes for bonus trips in different classes - at the ARN DO the SK people told us that lack of available booking classes is making it difficult to introduce Economy Extra awards, in addition to the Economy and Business awards currently available.

Note that for some reason many airlines want to keep the bonus booking classes invisible from outside the airline, so you are probably never going to see some of the bonus trip booking classes in tools like Expertflyer or KVS Availability Tool. Unless we manage to put enough pressure on the airlines in question to make them change their policy, of course.
Old May 5, 2006, 2:46 am

Programs: SAS EBG, Flying Blu Gold, Etihad Gold
I always check their international site @:-) and its always the same pages even if you enter from sas.dk or selected Hungary from scandinavian.net. It's only Swdeen and Norway that has their own eurobonus pages.
http://www.scandinavian.net/EC/Appl/...253Dgb,00.html
No w im just waiting for a Silver offer too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.