Strike!

Old Apr 7, 06, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Report from OSL

Sitting in the lounge in OSL this morning. Very quiet. We are three in the business lounge. More people in the Scandinavian lounge (I am too lazy to walk that far today.) The departure hall is a zoo. Any FTers going via OSL today are recommended to check-in online and get their BPs in the lounge.

I was originally on OSL-CPH-NCE (after having bought myself out of trouble), but now I am back on OSL-NCE since the CPH flight is delayed and the strike is off. Arrival in NCE pretty much on the same time.

Very few cancelled flights, but as it is Saturday the production is significantly lower than an "ordinary" day. Lets see how they manage throughout the day.

Last edited by larsll; Apr 8, 06 at 11:08 am Reason: grammar
Old Apr 8, 06, 5:21 am

Well, the last two days only cost SAS Braathens about 70 million NOK, according to Aftenposten: http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/ir...cle1272325.ece

The new deal between SKBU and the cabin union last two years, so hopefully we'll have two years without a cabin crew strike. SAS Braathens needs to start rebuidling their image, an image which truly is at an all-time low. This will take years..
Old Apr 8, 06, 5:26 am

By the way, it will be interesting to see how many corporate customers who won't renew og ouright drop their deals with SAS Braathens. This could get messy. I'm sure Norwegian will be hiring though
Old Apr 8, 06, 5:39 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
And now it annoys me why I didn`t buy Norwegian stocks when they started. Damn!
I could have become rich!
Old Apr 10, 06, 4:09 am

Programs: AY, SK, AF/KL + randomly others
Originally Posted by pdx42
Just posted on Aftenposten's English website.
Virtually all domestic flights by Scandinavian airlines unit SAS Braathens were grounded Thursday when 1,070 cabin attendants went on strike over a new contract.
This is a bit beated comment, but apparently SK International was also affected. I was onboard SK973 to BKK on Friday, and because of the Norwegian filght attendants on strike, the cabin crew was reduced to six (i.e. only Swedes and Danes), which must have been quite stressful to them. The noticeable effect on service level was surpringly small (at least in C) - they had cut off the pre-take-off champagne serving and the replenishment drinks were clearly offered much less frequently than usual (but they of course brought some on request); but I was much more bothred by the delay in new seats installation, as this flight was changed to old configuration just two days before daparture (at least that's when the seat map changed).
Old Apr 16, 06, 11:39 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by larsll
Sitting in the lounge in OSL this morning. Very quiet. We are three in the business lounge. More people in the Scandinavian lounge (I am too lazy to walk that far today.) The departure hall is a zoo. Any FTers going via OSL today are recommended to check-in online and get their BPs in the lounge.

I was originally on OSL-CPH-NCE (after having bought myself out of trouble), but now I am back on OSL-NCE since the CPH flight is delayed and the strike is off. Arrival in NCE pretty much on the same time.

Very few cancelled flights, but as it is Saturday the production is significantly lower than an "ordinary" day. Lets see how they manage throughout the day.
Pity I didn't know: I was there at the same time waiting for my OSL-FRA flight!

Search this Thread