Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I would only expect them to help on the rebooking at no cost, and I doubt the instruction is more than that. If that means a night in the airport, that would be the passengers own choice between the floor or the Radisson in Sky City. Or any other option.
On 2 separate tickets? I wouldn't count on it though - maybe for the next morning departure and OP won't be entitled to EU 261 which means he will have to pay out of his own pocket for the extra expense.

My rebooking experience with SK is that they won't rebook me on TK, they work with AY (surprisingly) and LH - at least for the case ex-HKG.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nacho
On 2 separate tickets? I wouldn't count on it though - maybe for the next morning departure and OP won't be entitled to EU 261 which means he will have to pay out of his own pocket for the extra expense.

My rebooking experience with SK is that they won't rebook me on TK, they work with AY (surprisingly) and LH - at least for the case ex-HKG.
The reference is to an internal SK memo on helping passengers on two separate SK tickets with an onward connection. And in that context my reply was only the rebooking, never the hotel.

That they don't want to put you on other carriers than SK says very little about their willingness to help an SK passenger with an endorsement to the next day for a missed separate ticket connection
​​​​​
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The reference is to an internal SK memo on helping passengers on two separate SK tickets with an onward connection. And in that context my reply was only the rebooking, never the hotel.

That they don't want to put you on other carriers than SK says very little about their willingness to help an SK passenger with an endorsement to the next day for a missed separate ticket connection
​​​​​
Oh I understand - if SK does offer him a hotel then they are taking the extra miles. I wonder if the terms in the memo is still valid.

I was actually referring to Oliver's post about rebooking on *A carrier (should have used multi quote - my bad). SK customer service is actually pretty willing to help within what they have the authority to do.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold
Off-topic...but I was told people here would know the answer

Hello,

We're arriving into CPH from Doha on Qatar, and I understand from this page that we will arrive in Finger C T2. We only have small hand baggage.

In about an hour after landing we need to take a Norwegian flight to LGW, which I assume is also in Finger C T2, as they appear to go from Gate C26.

My question: can we just walk from the incoming Qatar gate and right to C26 for Norwegian, or do we have to go out through passport control, or some other transfer procedure?

Many thanks in advance
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by razflyer
Off-topic...but I was told people here would know the answer

Hello,

We're arriving into CPH from Doha on Qatar, and I understand from this page that we will arrive in Finger C T2. We only have small hand baggage.

In about an hour after landing we need to take a Norwegian flight to LGW, which I assume is also in Finger C T2, as they appear to go from Gate C26.

My question: can we just walk from the incoming Qatar gate and right to C26 for Norwegian, or do we have to go out through passport control, or some other transfer procedure?

Many thanks in advance
Airside the distinction between T2 and T3 does not really matter, it is a matter of where you check in landside. The gates are the same. Airlines with check in from T3 use the C gates as well as airlines from T2.

Coming in from Doha, you would need to go through transit security to proceed to another C gate. As CPH manily has non Schengen arrivals and departures in the C/D area and it is all connected, there is no need to go through passport control as long as you don't have checked luggage to reclaim. Norwegian to LGW will be from C or D gates. If you were to fly Easyjet or Ryanair to London you would need to got the F gates, and that would require you to enter the Schengen zone.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 11:16 pm

Thanks for your reply - the map on the CPH website shows passport control at the entrance to the C gates, so based on what you say, we should be able to walk from the incoming gate to some sort of security onto the outgoing gate...
Old Mar 14, 2019, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by razflyer
Thanks for your reply - the map on the CPH website shows passport control at the entrance to the C gates, so based on what you say, we should be able to walk from the incoming gate to some sort of security onto the outgoing gate...
Yes. Just follow the signs for connections. There are priority pass lounges and a 7/11, but otherwise not much in terms of food and drink in this part of the airport.
razflyer likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:08 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
And I would add that this sounds like a crazy short connection to me if you are on two separate tickets, and probably fine if you on a single ticket (assuming that DY has other connections to London on the same day).
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:22 am

DY isn't an IATA member, so I don't think it's possible to get a single ticket with DY and another carrier.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by SK2751
And I would add that this sounds like a crazy short connection to me if you are on two separate tickets, and probably fine if you on a single ticket (assuming that DY has other connections to London on the same day).
The lady from CPH airport said it should be fine. We’ll see - I’ll post the outcome later
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
You will be fine, if the Doha flight is on time. And in the airline traffic this is usually a big if.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 1:11 am

Thanks all, it was super easy. The Doha flight was on time, into Gate C39. I walked for 3 minutes to the Transfer Connections security, and then 30 seconds around the corner to Gate C26. Total transfer time was under 10 minutes...
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
CFS baggage handlers at CPH are striking. If flying Ryanair, Easyjet or Wizz to/from CPH with checked luggage and needing to take some sort of trains on April 1st, then the bad joke was on the passengers with disrupted travel plans due to multiple striking activities and a doubly bad joke at that.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
CFS baggage handlers at CPH are striking. If flying Ryanair, Easyjet or Wizz to/from CPH with checked luggage and needing to take some sort of trains on April 1st, then the bad joke was on the passengers with disrupted travel plans due to multiple striking activities and a doubly bad joke at that.
Two unrelated wildcat strikes.

About 70 employees of Copenhagen Flight Services (CFS) were on a strike for a few hours. This affected several low-fare carriers such as Ryanair, Easyjet and Transavia. Source

DSB employees were on a strike, suspending all train services in Zealand, including Copenhagen's local S-trains. There have been threats of another strike on next Monday, on the 8th of April. Source, source
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Some person
Two unrelated wildcat strikes.

About 70 employees of Copenhagen Flight Services (CFS) were on a strike for a few hours. This affected several low-fare carriers such as Ryanair, Easyjet and Transavia. Source

DSB employees were on a strike, suspending all train services in Zealand, including Copenhagen's local S-trains. There have been threats of another strike on next Monday, on the 8th of April. Source, source
The strikes were related in that they both hit plenty of passengers the same day, so as to be a double whammy that day.

That strike by DSB employees disrupted all Oresundstag passengers trains between Denmark and Sweden (including in the opposite direction) at the time too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.