Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH/LX are offering rather cheap business fares from STO/OSL/CPH .... @:-)
I would like to know more about this. TIA.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Most of them are listed/mentioned here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:38 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Most of them are listed/mentioned here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/
I must be blind.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Also here: https://www.vielfliegertreff.de/firs...-class-tarife/

for example: OSL/ARN-Hawaii in P for 1650€
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Nice. I sometimes pay this for Y- to East Coast ...
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:10 am

Programs: EBD, Avis Presidents Club, HH Gold
Flew LAX-ARN two days ago and was in SAS Plus (qualified me for EBD).
I asked for a protein bar (Simply Chocolate made I think), and the air hostess mentioned that these are no longer included for free and their snack selection was only nuts and certain types of candies.

Has anyone else experienced this or know when this modification occurred?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:35 am

The new AMS lounge should be open now:

https://thedesignair.net/2019/03/09/...amsterdam/amp/

No plans to go to AMS anytime soon but good to see. The old one was really a depressing place.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
The new AMS lounge should be open now:

https://thedesignair.net/2019/03/09/...amsterdam/amp/

No plans to go to AMS anytime soon but good to see. The old one was really a depressing place.
The pictures look pretty good.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
I'm flying ARN-LAX in a couple of weeks time leaving at 09:55 AM. However, I will be in CPH in the days before and was wondering if there's any issue in flying in on an SK-flight in the morning to connect to my SK TATL.

If I were to book my LAX-flight anew via SK website out of Copenhagen, SK offers me to choose between SK402 and SK1416 arriving in ARN at 8:35 and 9:10 respectively

I am aware that the additional SK-flight would be on a different PNR, but would there be any problems getting mobile BPs and would SK rebook me in case CPH-ARN is late?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:20 am

Not a problem checking-in. You won’t get the ARN-LAX boarding pass in the app unless they fix it by then. But you can just pick up a paper boarding pass up when you arrive in ARN. Also they can print one for you in the CPH if you insist. (At check-in desks, transfer desks or the lounge)

SK has no obligation to keep your ARN-LAX ticket if you do not show up at ARN in time for boarding. They MIGHT help you out, but that would purely a guesture of goodwill.

If I had the need to do this... I’d take the very first flight from CPH to ARN (SK400 at 6:15am). Actually, I would fly the last flight the day before and stay at ARN.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Agree with Fassy - normally I would leave at least 4 hours if it's on 2 tickets as airlines has NO obligation to help you out and you won't be covered by EU 261 in case of missing your ARN-LAX. We travelled on 2 tickets last Christmas - arriving with AA and then bought a WN flight to AZ, I left a 7 hours gap. On the way back I left a 6 hours gap. Mr. was asking why I chose to "hang" at LAX and I told him that in case we couldn't make that AA flight there's a chance that they will put us on the next BA flight out of LHR, so we would still be able to make the WN flight to TUS. On the way back he asked again why couldn't we take 11am flight back to LAX - I said it's the safest to book 2 flights earlier than the latest flights in order to make the connection (as we are 5 travelling so we will have to be prepared that in case we have to split).

Of course the drawback is that when you leave enough gap between the flights, they will be on time.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Not a problem checking-in. You won’t get the ARN-LAX boarding pass in the app unless they fix it by then. But you can just pick up a paper boarding pass up when you arrive in ARN. Also they can print one for you in the CPH if you insist. (At check-in desks, transfer desks or the lounge)

SK has no obligation to keep your ARN-LAX ticket if you do not show up at ARN in time for boarding. They MIGHT help you out, but that would purely a guesture of goodwill.

If I had the need to do this... I’d take the very first flight from CPH to ARN (SK400 at 6:15am). Actually, I would fly the last flight the day before and stay at ARN.
SK used to have a written instruction to assist passengers on separate SK tickets, internal instruction not external communication. Not sure if that is still on the books
​​​​​​
I would probably be in SK400 is this was me. It does seem to depart very regularly
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
SK used to have a written instruction to assist passengers on separate SK tickets, internal instruction not external communication.
True, but there is no way of knowing if they will help out or not. For an intra-European flight I would risk it and also assume there will not be a problem getting on some other flight.

But for ARN-LAX? The only economical solution for SK would be to put the pax on the next day‘s flight. SK is not part of the transatlantic JV and will need to pay quite some money to rebook onto UA, AC or LH group. Why should they do that if the pax is to blame not showing up on time? But even putting the pax on the next day‘s flight, who will carry the cost for the hotel? What if that is by accident fully booked?

Even worse, assuming the pax booked a dirt cheap ticket during a campaign. Just the hotel will be more expensive then what would be SK‘s profit on the ticket sales.

I can see SK bailing out on an internal instruction to help if the cost to do so is too high - and there is not obligation by law to do anything

Last edited by fassy; Mar 13, 2019 at 5:03 pm
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

True, but there is no way of knowing if they will help out or not. For an intra-European flight I would risk it and also assume there will not be a problem getting on some other flight.

But for ARN-LAX? The only economical solution for SK would be to put the pax on the next day‘s flight. SK is not part of the transatlantic JV and will need to pay quite some money to rebook onto UA, AC or LH group. Why should they do that if the pax is to blame not showing up on time? But even putting the pax on the next day‘s flight, who will carry the cost for the hotel? What if that is by accident fully booked?

Even worse, assuming the pax booked a dirt cheap ticket during a campaign. Just the hotel will be more expensive then what would be SK‘s profit on the ticket sales.

I can see SK bailing out on an internal instruction to help of the cost to do so is to high - and there is not obligation by law to do anything
I would only expect them to help on the rebooking at no cost, and I doubt the instruction is more than that. If that means a night in the airport, that would be the passengers own choice between the floor or the Radisson in Sky City. Or any other option.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:20 am

SAS can rebook onto an *A partner without endorsement if they want to. Of course the revenue is lost as the coupon value of that segment will be paid to the airline operating the alternative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.