Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Did they have any routes where they were the only carrier, or mainly overlapping on Swedish domestic? And did they operate any capacity for SK?
They had routes (and even some airports) where they were the only scheduled commercial carrier.

They also had some city pairs where they ran up against SK and/or AY.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Did they have any routes where they were the only carrier, or mainly overlapping on Swedish domestic? And did they operate any capacity for SK?
There are not only routes where they were the only carrier, but also airports especially in Northern Sweden where they were the only carrier. But these airports in Sweden will be connected again soon since the routes are usually subsidized.
Old May 18, 2018, 2:23 am
Suspended

Loads of passengers taking the train from CPH to Sweden were forced off the trains part way between the bridge and the Hyllie station in Sweden. This happened during the evening commuter rush hour yesterday/Thursday. Never heard about that happening before there. People with loads of luggage were struggling to make the walk while the commuters were crowding the roads that looked more like de facto sidewalks than roadways for automobiles.
Old May 18, 2018, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
That's not the only chaos, I saw that there were train chaos further up North too.
Old May 18, 2018, 6:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nacho
That's not the only chaos, I saw that there were train chaos further up North too.
The Oresundstag chaos from CPH to Sweden was a scene like no other I’ve ever seen in Sweden. Looked like many hundreds of refugees, luggage in tow, taking a walk on the wild side, clogging the roads and so on — except these were commuters for the most part and passengers from CPH flights. And I say that as someone very used to seeing live feeds from the autumn of 2015 when it was actually refugee traffic at and around Hyllie.
Old May 18, 2018, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The Oresundstag chaos from CPH to Sweden was a scene like no other I’ve ever seen in Sweden. Looked like many hundreds of refugees, luggage in tow, taking a walk on the wild side, clogging the roads and so on — except these were commuters for the most part and passengers from CPH flights. And I say that as someone very used to seeing live feeds from the autumn of 2015 when it was actually refugee traffic at and around Hyllie.
That's what I thought when I looked at the picture from SVT - reminded me of Autumn 2015. At least the weather was good enough to do the walk and most people have phones that they can tell their love ones that they are stuck.

Another reason to drive across the bridge.
AStarr likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
That's what I thought when I looked at the picture from SVT - reminded me of Autumn 2015. At least the weather was good enough to do the walk and most people have phones that they can tell their love ones that they are stuck.

Another reason to drive across the bridge.
Seems to be a recurring theme this summer - these major breakdowns. A friend left to reach the airport about 4 hours early from Malmö and never made it - he's American, speaks no Swedish or Danish. Apparently communication failed completely. Le Boyfriend dealt with a different one where no one got off the train but they were stuck for an hour at least - with inadequate ventilation.

Makes me grateful for my paranoid tendencies to stay overnight in CPH but even the rail there isn't doing so well.

Are there any regular bus services from Malmö to Copenhagen, besides the one to Malmö airport?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by AStarr
Are there any regular bus services from Malmö to Copenhagen, besides the one to Malmö airport?
Not by Danish or Swedish public transport. You could try the Flixbus:

https://shop.global.flixbus.com/sear...ate=15.06.2018
AStarr likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you don't want to pay for regular taxi prices from Malmo to CPH, you can join one of the facebook groups and asked someone if they can drive you. My friend got a quote for 600 for her and her 2 kids from Lund to CPH. I guess a fair cash price to offer would be SEK 500.

There's a bus service called Graahundbus (Grey Hound bus): Buss 999 er den direkte og billige busrute fra Kgs. Nytorv til Malmø

One day return fare is 120 (I guess is DKK).
AStarr likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AStarr
Seems to be a recurring theme this summer - these major breakdowns. A friend left to reach the airport about 4 hours early from Malmö and never made it - he's American, speaks no Swedish or Danish. Apparently communication failed completely. Le Boyfriend dealt with a different one where no one got off the train but they were stuck for an hour at least - with inadequate ventilation.

Makes me grateful for my paranoid tendencies to stay overnight in CPH but even the rail there isn't doing so well.

People here are pretty fed up with public transport - bus don't run on schedule, trains delays and cancellation. Also the environment in the train is not exactly present, the one time I had to use the train there's a looked like drug addict locked himself in the toilet and people were waiting outside and some knocked and he didn't get out.

Some people contacted the train conductor and he just told the passenger to wait - well I guess he could have knocked and check if the passenger inside the toilet is alright.

The government is giving all kids turning 12 and up to 18 free transport passes for summer holidays - maybe they want to let them experience how bad the train is. Mine won't be using them as I won't be taking them around by train (I have to buy a summer pass so that the youngest one can come along), I'd much rather drive.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by fassy
Not by Danish or Swedish public transport. You could try the Flixbus:

https://shop.global.flixbus.com/sear...ate=15.06.2018
If you don't want to pay for regular taxi prices from Malmo to CPH, you can join one of the facebook groups and asked someone if they can drive you. My friend got a quote for 600 for her and her 2 kids from Lund to CPH. I guess a fair cash price to offer would be SEK 500.

There's a bus service called Graahundbus (Grey Hound bus): Buss 999 er den direkte og billige busrute fra Kgs. Nytorv til Malmø

One day return fare is 120 (I guess is DKK).
Bus options will be best due to the regularity with which I'd travel. Though, with two people in the household regularly going over the bridge, we might just drive it with the state of the trains. Logistics+budget are tricky.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:29 pm
Suspended

People here are pretty fed up with public transport - bus don't run on schedule, trains delays and cancellation. Also the environment in the train is not exactly present, the one time I had to use the train there's a looked like drug addict locked himself in the toilet and people were waiting outside and some knocked and he didn't get out.

Some people contacted the train conductor and he just told the passenger to wait - well I guess he could have knocked and check if the passenger inside the toilet is alright.

The government is giving all kids turning 12 and up to 18 free transport passes for summer holidays - maybe they want to let them experience how bad the train is. Mine won't be using them as I won't be taking them around by train (I have to buy a summer pass so that the youngest one can come along), I'd much rather drive.
Those free tickets for kids are only for kids registered in Skane school classes/courses for certain grade levels (teenagers mainly). Great, more rowdy kids on the trains.

.... and in the meantime, kids in Skane schools who are between 7 and 12 years of age will have to have a paid ticket to travel on these trains and buses.

I expect this policy of free Skane travel for teenagers will increase and distribute petty criminal behavior of sorts across the region, but let’s wait for the numbers to come in. I already anticipate there being way more trouble for the elderly and people with strollers being able to get seats on the buses and trains due to these free student tickets. I also expect a rise in thefts such as house break-ins due to this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 14, 2018 at 2:41 pm
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:09 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
People here are pretty fed up with public transport
I hope this applies to the traffic over Oresund only. I mostly use public transport (and bike!) in Denmark to get to CPH, and I entirely disagree with your black picture. I consider the public transport safe, relatively clean (as for what can be seen in the western world), and reliable. I think in the last 10 years of frequent flying I had to walk the last metro station by foot once to catch the flight. Never missed a connection, and never had a bad experience. When I contrast this with what you write, I find the picture at least unfair. I also have no bad experiences in Skane (only very good ones!), but admittedly I am in Skane not more than once a year.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SK2751
I hope this applies to the traffic over Oresund only. I mostly use public transport (and bike!) in Denmark to get to CPH, and I entirely disagree with your black picture. I consider the public transport safe, relatively clean (as for what can be seen in the western world), and reliable. I think in the last 10 years of frequent flying I had to walk the last metro station by foot once to catch the flight. Never missed a connection, and never had a bad experience. When I contrast this with what you write, I find the picture at least unfair. I also have no bad experiences in Skane (only very good ones!), but admittedly I am in Skane not more than once a year.
The Skane public transit reliability has been sort of like a roller coaster for me. 20 years ago I found it to vary, then it improved, then it declined but then it improved a bit. But in the past couple of years I’ve been hit by too many signal failures, train delays and cancellations, so I’m now having to budget for a delay of an hour to go from A to B using Skanetrafiken trains/Oresundstag on my flights into/out of CPH or eating the cost for a taxi to get where I need to go to make a boarding cut-off. For commuters, it’s worse now than it was three years ago. I say that as someone who is in the region at least a few times each month for most months of the year. Most tourists won’t notice this stuff most times, but commuters like myself do notice it.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by SK2751
I hope this applies to the traffic over Oresund only.
It mostly seems to be the bridge from what I can tell that is the problem. I've been based in Aarhus for the last year and our issues are very rare by comparison. Le Boyfriend takes the Øresundtåg everyday. When I'm staying with him, I take it almost daily as well. It's pretty bad with delays and cancellations. The connections from outside Malmö C can be terrible on top of it. It's a good day if everything runs as it should and those days seem to be less frequent than 2 years ago when l first started going to Malmö. I'm not looking forward to moving there full time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.