Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2023, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Perhaps Sweden's most overpriced train service isn't that popular?
I guess the even more over priced taxis will be quite happy to get a fair extra boost in revenue.....
Old Jun 1, 2023, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by oliver2002
@nacho: basic courses in German universities in the first few semesters are all in German and since they have introduced the bologna system a few years ago you have to quite if you don't pass the papers in max 3 tries. Studying in Germany has been made tough gone are the days where you could hang around for years and block resources with no one caring.
I thought the Bologna system only harmonize the length of the study. I remember back in the days when I was visiting my sister in her university in Germany, there are a lot of students doing all kinds of subjects and a friend dropped out of his studies because it was too tough. It is tough and some of my sis's friends stayed behind to attempt to get a German degree (their major is German - basically they went there to "experience" Germany) and most of them actually quit and get no degree in the end (usually top grade Chinese pick medicine, law, architecture, business and engineering, so these are certainly not the hardest working students). I think it is an issue with Asian style studies that is not built for language and literature. This style works the best with STEM subjects.

I don't have any first hand knowledge about university level in DK nowadays - I might have to wait a year or 2 to see.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps Sweden's most overpriced train service isn't that popular?
Originally Posted by GUWonder
…. and yet they keep raising prices too.

There are some times when I’ve seen it pretty full and almost end up stuck at the bar-like stool seats, but those are very rare exceptions. The Arlanda Express price is high enough and the spread of the population such that going to Stockholm Central Station isn’t free of the kind of price in time and money that makes it as compelling nowadays as maybe it was earlier when traffic patterns and populations were more concentrated.
It can be cheap if 1 adult is bringing 3 kids to take the train. My kids really enjoyed the train ride
Old Jun 1, 2023, 6:57 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nacho
It can be cheap if 1 adult is bringing 3 kids to take the train. My kids really enjoyed the train ride
I appreciate the Arlanda Express despite its price. Sometimes it’s even saved me from having to take the overnight sleeper trains.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 3:19 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I guess the even more over priced taxis will be quite happy to get a fair extra boost in revenue.....
No idea who would use those unless you hate your hard earned money, Bolt and Uber are easily cheaper.

The AE is usually primarily filled with airline staff and tourists who assume its cheaper than car based transport.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No idea who would use those unless you hate your hard earned money, Bolt and Uber are easily cheaper.

The AE is usually primarily filled with airline staff and tourists who assume its cheaper than car based transport.
AE is faster than driving if your destination is Stockholm C.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
It is really depending on your destination. For our office it has always been a taxi, as AE would zip past and I had to take a taxi back towards Arlanda, but for meetings within walking distance from centralen, AE is really easier to deal with. But you don't need to go much beyond centralen before you are probably back to a car.
nacho likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 8:14 am
Suspended

Usually for destinations close enough to Stockholm C, it is. But it is not today, as it's still out of service.

Ordinarily, it can be either faster or slower than driving the entire way; but that is depending on where about Stockholm a person is coming from/going, the time of day/week/year, the Arlanda Express schedule, and the nature of how the person wants to get to and from Stockholm C.

I mix up how I get between ARN and the city. There is no single right way every time for me -- even for a fixed set of origin/destination it depends for me. But I am already missing the Arlanda Express option -- something I can't say about the sleeper train berths.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 2, 2023 at 8:22 am
Old Jun 5, 2023, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was checking for Haneda awards, which also showed me the cash+points pricing. Over 400K points each way for a a business smart booking. I guess this option has kind of become the Star Alliance upgrade awards of SAS; theoretically a good option but practically just useless.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 9:14 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Surprised that no one here has mentioned that Arlanda Express is still out of service. And it has been since early Saturday morning.
”old comment” from me but…

perhaps no mention since/regulars dont really hang on here but on BC instead 😉
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 9:23 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Great to see the new security control at ARN. No more unpacking your carry-on.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 11:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jainzar
Great to see the new security control at ARN. No more unpacking your carry-on.
That depends on which ARN screening checkpoint is in use by the traveler. The passenger screening checkpoint at T2 still involves taking out the electronics and liquids out of the cabin baggage since they don’t have the CT scanners. Terminal 4 and 5D and 5F screening checkpoints may also still be requiring unpacking of the electronics and liquids. The T5 primary screening checkpoint has the new CT scanner tech.

CPH too has a couple of new CT scanners — Rapiscan 920 CTs IIRC — at the main screening checkpoint to get airside. But most of the CPH screening lanes don’t have the CT scanners and thus it is still laptops and liquids unpacked from the carry-ones. At CPH the new CT scanners are closest to the CPH Express feeding lane when coming over directly from the SAS check-in terminal area, but they were not in use on any of the times I was there this week,
Old Jun 9, 2023, 1:50 am

Programs: Various
The old T5 checkpoints should close soon, shouldn't they? I thought the new one was meant to replace those?

I'm hoping they can extend this to T2 soon but I'm not expecting anything.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 2:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
The old T5 checkpoints should close soon, shouldn't they? I thought the new one was meant to replace those?

I'm hoping they can extend this to T2 soon but I'm not expecting anything.
When not going through ARN T2 security to get airside, I use the T5 checkpoint where Amex Plat/Centurion card holders get priority security screening.

I’m not yet convinced that these CT scanners will make things better in the aggregate for my trips out of the SAS hub airports.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 11:40 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Can't wait to get these in T2 either despite the usually very short queues. Not having to unpack like in AMS or TSA Pre makes security that much less frustrating. The less interaction needed with the highschool dropouts managing these checkpoints the better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.