Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Old Nov 6, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: AS Gold (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Say you’re a Danish/American dual citizen and you have a reservation HND-HEL-LAX with a stopover in the EU HEL during which you separately fly to CPH and back. Would the reservation include my US passport only? Or say NRT-CPH-SFO to make it more EB-compliant?

Last edited by vanillabean; Nov 6, 2022 at 1:10 pm
Old Nov 6, 2022, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Say you’re a Danish/American dual citizen and you have a reservation HND-HEL-LAX with a stopover in the EU HEL during which you separately fly to CPH and back. Would the reservation include my US passport only? Or say NRT-CPH-SFO to make it more EB-compliant?
Just have the US passport on the HND HEL LAX booking. Use your Danish passport to enter and exit Schengen, if the lines are shorter. There is no passport or advance passenger information needed on the HEL CPH HEL booking.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 6:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
My suggestion would be to just use the US passport for everything except when physically encountering EU/Schengen passport control — in other words, stick to loading in the US passport info into the reservations.

Recently ran into a US airline rep who tried to scan a US citizen’s European card/ID into a reservation because the rep thought it was required because the person was flying on a one-way ticket to the Schengen area. I eventually had to inform the agents that they shouldn’t be scanning in US citizens’ non-US ID into the reservations for US-EU trips, as CBP would prefer the reservations be loaded with the US passports’ info and not override by some European cards’ MRZ info. Should have know there would be an issue when i heard them say that the passengers should show up 2-3 hours in advance for check-in on international flights when the airport doesn’t even have international flights.
vanillabean likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I just got a new version of the SAS app. Bag tracking seems quite nifty, if it works like the AA app that is.

Old Nov 10, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: AS Gold (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I just got a new version of the SAS app. Bag tracking seems quite nifty, if it works like the AA app that is.
Good to know. I remember tracking a bag in the UA app at a lounge once, which turned out to be on an earlier flight!
the810 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 11:02 am
Suspended

Good to know. I remember tracking a bag in the UA app at a lounge once, which turned out to be on an earlier flight!
I’ve been playing around a lot with AirTags and TilePro tags on my international trips. I have been using their updates and comparing them to what updates some airlines have been showing me for checked luggage. I have generally had a better view into the checked baggage situation with AirTags in conjunction with the airline info than with the airlines updates alone. Sometimes I’ve also had sort of misleading indications from the AirTags when checked luggage is making the rounds on the tarmac and then found TilePro to be more indicative of where the checked luggage actually was.

My new game to pass the time at times is to see what the checked luggage situation is showing with the respective parties.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 10, 2022 at 11:07 am
Old Nov 11, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK

Award booking! 👍
but 5.0.0. Version is not available in App store for me
GUWonder likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 8:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FFlash
Award booking! 👍
but 5.0.0. Version is not available in App store for me
4.5.1 is the last update I’m seeing for iOS devices on my side.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I have 5.0.0 now. I see the updated itself and logged me out. It looks much different now. I hope it's going to work better too.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 9:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
I have 5.0.0 now. I see the updated itself and logged me out. It looks much different now. I hope it's going to work better too.
I think they may have released it in some regions before others for the iOS App store. I'm only seeing 4.5.1, but mine is normally only logged into the US App store.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Is a same plane turnaround feasible at Svalbard?
Old Nov 11, 2022, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't run iOS devices....
Old Nov 11, 2022, 3:46 pm
Suspended

I don't run iOS devices....
Forbidden apple. Bite. Yummy.

Seems like the Android app version got updated on November 9th. Is that the 5. version?
Old Nov 11, 2022, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Forbidden apple. Bite. Yummy.

Seems like the Android app version got updated on November 9th. Is that the 5. version?
I only bite the forbidden donut....
Old Nov 11, 2022, 3:58 pm
Suspended

I only bite the forbidden donut....
Auditioning for politi? I would have thought that would be hot dogs instead of donuts.

Speaking of politi at CPH, when EES comes into place there, Danish residents with non-European passports will probably be stuck in a more extreme mess when entering and exiting Schengen. The residency cards won’t be accepted by the ABC/egates and the All Passport lines may be slowed down by EES.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.