Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by the810
I have learned my lesson to only enter Sweden and Norway via airports to avoid all kind of border bullying.
This is no guarantee. My most recent entries to Sweden have been from BUD, FCO and CPH and I had to "re-clear" border control on all three occasions despite travelling within the Schengen space.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by gojko88
This is no guarantee. My most recent entries to Sweden have been from BUD, FCO and CPH and I had to "re-clear" border control on all three occasions despite travelling within the Schengen space.
When was that and where did you arrive?
Old Oct 24, 2022, 4:03 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
At MMX and ARN, most recently in February this year.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 11:11 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Can’t speak for CPH-MMX this year.

Can do so for CPH-ARN this year. I am a regular on CPH-ARN , and I’ve had zero passport control receptions at ARN for my flights on this route during 2022.

Train and ferry traffic from Denmark to Sweden has involved me subject to some passport control receptions in Sweden during this time, and it’s better characterized as a wild fishing expedition/dragnet. The same cannot be said for flying from CPH to Sweden. Any passport control receptions at ARN this year when coming into Sweden from Denmark would very much surprise me unless it were because the Swedish police were involved in a targeted reception for an already identified individual or set of individuals.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: Various
I've arrived at both MMX and ARN this year and can't remember if there were any Covid checks in February. From Q2 onwards it's been like 2019 again.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Can’t speak for CPH-MMX this year.

Can do so for CPH-ARN this year. I am a regular on CPH-ARN , and I’ve had zero passport control receptions at ARN for my flights on this route during 2022.

Train and ferry traffic from Denmark to Sweden has involved me subject to some passport control receptions in Sweden during this time, and it’s better characterized as a wild fishing expedition/dragnet. The same cannot be said for flying from CPH to Sweden. Any passport control receptions at ARN this year when coming into Sweden from Denmark would very much surprise me unless it were because the Swedish police were involved in a targeted reception for an already identified individual or set of individuals.
The Swedish police checked at Helsingborg too? I crossed once on foot and then 2 more times by car and didn't seen anything remotely like that when we arrived at Helsingborg (Forsea).

Maybe the extra check is because of this?

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/seneste/sv...0-sorte-kroner

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/seneste/sv...er-i-kufferten
Old Oct 26, 2022, 5:32 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by nacho
The Swedish police checked at Helsingborg too? I crossed once on foot and then 2 more times by car and didn't seen anything remotely like that when we arrived at Helsingborg (Forsea).
I've seen police presence on most of my arrivals to Helsinborg (always on foot) but they seem to be primarily interested in youngsters, presumably looking for alcohol carried by under 20 years olds.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've seen police presence on most of my arrivals to Helsinborg (always on foot) but they seem to be primarily interested in youngsters, presumably looking for alcohol carried by under 20 years olds.
Which ferry? Forsea or the small one? I crossed once on foot at 3am in the morning using Forsea and there was no police or any kind of check. I did see 4 polis almost right after the checkpoint surrounding a guy that was lying on the floor.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:40 am
Suspended

Maybe the extra check is because of this?

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/seneste/sv...0-sorte-kroner

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/seneste/sv...er-i-kufferten
I am not aware of the Swedes checks on arrival into Sweden from Denmark being aimed to look for cash headed to Turkey, but I’ll reach out to see if that came up for being relevant to the Swedish checks.

This past summer Turkey opened the door for what is basically an asset amnesty to bring in money, gold and such into Turkey without the Turkish authorities being on the case about it like before. The Turkish legal window is open until sometime in March 2023, IIRC. The European law enforcement authorities are also aware of what this means with some travelers headed to Turkey. How much of the seized cash’s origins in the Danish seizures are to be considered ill-gotten gains in Scandinavia is going to be interesting, but it won’t matter as these authorities will be on overdrive for cash hunts until Turkey gets in line with the FATF/OECD demands and the import amnesty remains.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Which ferry? Forsea or the small one? I crossed once on foot at 3am in the morning using Forsea and there was no police or any kind of check. I did see 4 polis almost right after the checkpoint surrounding a guy that was lying on the floor.
Forsea.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Forsea.
I rarely do the ferries; but I do the bridge a lot. While most people who have taken the train the last two weeks from CPH to Sweden have seen no Swedish passport control checks during their trips by rail in the past two weeks, that doesn’t mean the checks were entirely absent during the past two weeks. [I know it was staffed for some hours af least once during the last two weeks.] I assume it may be sort of the same dynamic with ferry users at times. The Swedish police are stretched — given what they have been paying employees and what else goes on, it shouldn’t be a surprise that they are stretched — but the government refuses to give up the dog and pony show at the borders and thus continues to keep this going at times. But it’s overwhelmingly a ground game when it comes to checks for those coming in from Denmark. I’m pretty sure that Micke Moussa and Minnie Mussa could fly SAS from CPH to ARN without showing passports/ID to the Swedish police on arrival at ARN from CPH.

I think it was in the last week of September where I saw the increased suspicion level come into play for surface crossings: the Swedish police didn’t want to believe that obviously Skanska-speaking children claiming to be Swedish didn’t need passports to come in from Denmark with an American or Canadian parent speaking to them in Swedish and English. In prior years, such children used to only be talked to in Swedish, and that and their responses would be sufficient without the police clogging up the exits to run the checks on such Swedish kids through the population register as often. Increasingly, Swedish passport control behaves like Polish passport control — and that’s not a good thing.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am not aware of the Swedes checks on arrival into Sweden from Denmark being aimed to look for cash headed to Turkey, but I’ll reach out to see if that came up for being relevant to the Swedish checks.

This past summer Turkey opened the door for what is basically an asset amnesty to bring in money, gold and such into Turkey without the Turkish authorities being on the case about it like before. The Turkish legal window is open until sometime in March 2023, IIRC. The European law enforcement authorities are also aware of what this means with some travelers headed to Turkey. How much of the seized cash’s origins in the Danish seizures are to be considered ill-gotten gains in Scandinavia is going to be interesting, but it won’t matter as these authorities will be on overdrive for cash hunts until Turkey gets in line with the FATF/OECD demands and the import amnesty remains.
Probably due to the Turkish currency, it dropped more than 20% since I visited there in May. Now a triple Whopper meal is like 14 DKK, unfortunately hotels are charged in EUR and a night in Istanbul is around 150 EUR.

I hope SEK is not going in that direction.

Forsea.
Wow. I used to see Tull many years ago but not polis.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 2:42 am

Increasingly, Swedish passport control behaves like Polish passport control — and that’s not a good thing.
Really? I never get more than a stiff nod when showing my German passport at the bridge toll station.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fassy
Really? I never get more than a stiff nod when showing my German passport at the bridge toll station.
Compared to around 10 or 20 years, yes, unfortunately. Both at the toll station and otherwise when crossing the bridge.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fassy
I guess they are ok with Germans but not Danes .

When Mr was commuting between DK and SE everyday he had to apply for a Swedish passport to avoid the hassle by the bridge. When he was showing his DK passport, they asked him various weird thing (his car has Swedish licence plate) like "Where are you going?" "Where do you live?" Sometimes they let him off quickly but sometimes they check his answer through their devices. Once in a while we also got the Tull/polis whoever to take picture to check if our car was legal to drive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.