Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2020, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Swedavia airports will recommend that Swedish airport users wear masks at the Swedavia airports. Unlike with CPH, ARN (and the other Swedavia airports) won’t mandate it for passengers.
Saw an article about flying SK domestic recently - the author was really upset about the mask policy and she tossed her mask off as soon as she got off the aircraft. She said it was a full flight so no distancing of any kind.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 3:12 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by nacho
Saw an article about flying SK domestic recently - the author was really upset about the mask policy and she tossed her mask off as soon as she got off the aircraft. She said it was a full flight so no distancing of any kind.
There was no mask policies in Scandinavia so people are not used to them. Coming from the south, I will have no problem putting a mask on. It is super annoying, but I have got a few months now to get used to they annoyance.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SK2751
There was no mask policies in Scandinavia so people are not used to them. Coming from the south, I will have no problem putting a mask on. It is super annoying, but I have got a few months now to get used to they annoyance.
You try wearing a mask under the Okinawa sun.

Actually, I find it neither annoying nor a problem. It has literally become a habit by now. I don a mask whenever I leave my home (or hotel room). Sure under the subtropical sun it is rather warm (uniqlo airism masks help a lot), but I still put it on. I don't recall ever really seeing masks for sale in Denmark, whereas here in Japan any supermarket and convenience store stocked masks even before the pandemic.

Can one now get masks in Netto, or the equivalent?
Old Jul 9, 2020, 4:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Masks are available, but not plentiful and (relatively) very expensive in Sweden. In Germany disposable masks cost about 1€/pc in retail stores and cloth masks around 5€. I buy a pack of 50 disposables for 20€ from chinese vendors on amazon.de and have them shipped to my inlaws in Sweden. They usualy arrive after 2-3 weeks. Sadly Uniqlo only sells masks in Japan

Last edited by oliver2002; Jul 9, 2020 at 4:41 am
Old Jul 9, 2020, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
By the way, a black reusable mask and a pair of dark sunglasses does quite give the vibe of being a B movie villain.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 5:36 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer

Actually, I find it neither annoying nor a problem. It has literally become a habit by now. I don a mask whenever I leave my home (or hotel room). Sure under the subtropical sun it is rather warm (uniqlo airism masks help a lot), but I still put it on. I don't recall ever really seeing masks for sale in Denmark, whereas here in Japan any supermarket and convenience store stocked masks even before the pandemic.

Not generally in Sweden, as it’s a lot like hand sanitizer. In Sweden’s bigger cities, Netto and its equivalents (or bigger) are most often still out of stock with hand sanitizers. Masks don’t seem to be prominently advertised at pharmacies, but maybe I have to dig in more there. My supplies come from the US (slowly) or Germany (faster) because finding them here was either an exercise in futility or inconvenient.

Maybe the few old Swedish people using them on buses can share their sources from a distance.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer

Was in Naha 2 years ago around this time of the year, I think Mr would make any mask soaked. It was HOT and we did a 12 hours stopover on our way to FUK (was hoping that it would be colder and it's not).

I haven'r seen masks in Netto/Fotex etc. I know CPH is selling them. In Sweden people order it from stores that import them from China (KN95), and honestly I don't trust them because there are so many fakes (found out by the authorities they sold to) and I know a lot of them are ready to be sold to people who don't notice.

In DK I don't need any sanitizing gel because they are available in malls and shops. It's a different story in Sweden, my local Jem & Fix has sanitizing gel which is impressive (they refill them too).
Old Jul 10, 2020, 3:06 am
Suspended

Denmark is opening up now to tourists from Skane and Blekinge in Sweden. Not that this will make any material difference for SAS.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 3:58 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Denmark is opening up now to tourists from Skane and Blekinge in Sweden. Not that this will make any material difference for SAS.
Knowing Denmark's recent history regarding these "reopenings" I can predict that two things will happen:

1) The police at the border will say they knew nothing about the reopening and this must be a mistake
2) A few days after reopening, they will close us out again.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 4:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JR67
Knowing Denmark's recent history regarding these "reopenings" I can predict that two things will happen:

1) The police at the border will say they knew nothing about the reopening and this must be a mistake
Denmark can rain on plans.

It’s like the rain in Copenhagen today, where it’s not all that easy to know when the next break from the day’s rain will come. Maybe this is why Danish homes for Copenhagen commuters are less likely to have a pool than is the case with comparable Swedish homes for Copenhagen commuters?
Old Jul 10, 2020, 5:02 am

Denmark can rain on plans.

It’s like the rain in Copenhagen today, where it’s not all that easy to know when the next break from the day’s rain will come. Maybe this is why Danish homes for Copenhagen commuters are less likely to have a pool than is the case with comparable Swedish homes for Copenhagen commuters?
Well, this last week makes me think the Danish homeowners are smart - our pool is 28 degrees under the cover, but it hasn't been open for a week now thanks to rain and cold above the cover...

Last edited by JR67; Jul 10, 2020 at 5:54 am
Old Jul 10, 2020, 6:34 am
Suspended

Well, this last week makes me think the Danish homeowners are smart - our pool is 28 degrees under the cover, but it hasn't been open for a week now thanks to rain and cold above the cover...
Sounds like an ice cover at 28. Or did you toss Fahrenheit under the bus before or after you had a potential chance to see American cars and “cars” go under a yellow Skanetrafiken bus?

So now we have the chance to borrow your cars, splash into a pool fit for more than a Svalbard polar bear, go poaching, and all you want in return is to tap into the pile of crappy toilet paper and directions to the Malmo area vineyard within biking distance?

Of the Danish house owners whom I know in Skane, many seem to have pools. Makes me think that there is something else going on in Denmark that makes pools less common in Denmark. Danes in Sweden don’t seem to be any less smart than Danes in Denmark, but they often do speak an interesting version of what they must think is Swedish.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 10, 2020 at 6:44 am
Old Jul 10, 2020, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What do you expect? That Scandinavians will read and memorize all the rules implemented from above?
JR67 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 9:12 am

Sounds like an ice cover at 28. Or did you toss Fahrenheit under the bus before or after you had a potential chance to see American cars and “cars” go under a yellow Skanetrafiken bus?

So now we have the chance to borrow your cars, splash into a pool fit for more than a Svalbard polar bear, go poaching, and all you want in return is to tap into the pile of crappy toilet paper and directions to the Malmo area vineyard within biking distance?

Of the Danish house owners whom I know in Skane, many seem to have pools. Makes me think that there is something else going on in Denmark that makes pools less common in Denmark. Danes in Sweden don’t seem to be any less smart than Danes in Denmark, but they often do speak an interesting version of what they must think is Swedish.
Since I have lived here longer than in the US... C... Where is the aggression coming from?
Old Jul 10, 2020, 9:17 am

Since your PM quota is filled, here is the message I tried to send you privately:

"Did I irritate you somehow? What is with the aggression? I can stop posting personal things if it is so offensive..."

Last edited by JR67; Jul 10, 2020 at 10:08 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.