Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Old Jun 18, 2020, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Fun little video made by SK crew members

JR67 and Jainzar like this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by fassy
Well, I was quite happy with my travel pattern which is about 3 trips a month, so about 100 days in total I had before Covid-19. Had a 4 days/week, 44 weeks a year job before (10+ years back) including F and J long haul. that wasn't pretty but the miles collected where impressive But won't go back there.

Biggest issue is, that SK often enough doesn't even offer the connections I need. I can construct such connections in the SAS for business booking tool, but then the prices are out of this world. Like 20x the normal fare. No kidding.

While I never have an issue booking via UA or LH.
That person who flies 300 days a year is a dad - I told Mr. and he said, "wow he never sees his kids". I said, "well he can use that BIG pile of miles to bring his kids to somewhere fun every year and spending ultra quality time with them ". He said, "100 days of travel is really not nice and I can stand that if the job is really great, 3x that is just impossible".

UA has good cooperation with LH but not SK, especially connections from UA to SK, either it's ticketing issues or bag issues.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 5:39 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Glad midsommarafton.

Originally Posted by nacho
That person who flies 300 days a year is a dad - I told Mr. and he said, "wow he never sees his kids". I said, "well he can use that BIG pile of miles to bring his kids to somewhere fun every year and spending ultra quality time with them ". He said, "100 days of travel is really not nice and I can stand that if the job is really great, 3x that is just impossible".

UA has good cooperation with LH but not SK, especially connections from UA to SK, either it's ticketing issues or bag issues.
TetraPak does seem to fly some of its machine people around a lot.

A friend’s dad worked with my dad. My dad said the colleague was very slow at work and was deliberately working long hours during the week and on weekends too. It was done in order to avoid the spouse and kids. Flying for work a lot wasn’t an option for that colleague to avoid the family before retirement.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Glad midsommarafton.

A friend’s dad worked with my dad. My dad said the colleague was very slow at work and was deliberately working long hours during the week and on weekends too. It was done in order to avoid the spouse and kids. Flying for work a lot wasn’t an option for that colleague to avoid the family before retirement.
Sometimes business travel is an escape from home more than anything else. If that makes all partners in the deal more happy, so be it. Though often it is only the one side that gains from this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Glad midsommarafton.

Glad midsommarafton! I don't celebrate it and no way I'm paying SEK 70 for a tray of strawberries.

What's the point of having a family if the aim is to avoid it? That dad who is away 300 days a year has 2 kids have behavioural issues and his wife is struggling with the kids.

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Sometimes business travel is an escape from home more than anything else. If that makes all partners in the deal more happy, so be it. Though often it is only the one side that gains from this.
Mr. ex-boss was stationing in DK from the UK regularly, and he also had to fly around. Mr. asked him how his wife feels about it, he said she likes the arrangement (they have grown up kids). Mr said he doesn't want to live like that - ok for a limited period of time.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 10:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nacho
Glad midsommarafton! I don't celebrate it and no way I'm paying SEK 70 for a tray of strawberries.

What's the point of having a family if the aim is to avoid it? That dad who is away 300 days a year has 2 kids have behavioural issues and his wife is struggling with the kids.

Mr. ex-boss was stationing in DK from the UK regularly, and he also had to fly around. Mr. asked him how his wife feels about it, he said she likes the arrangement (they have grown up kids). Mr said he doesn't want to live like that - ok for a limited period of time.
Imported cherries are the “new strawberries”.

One way to be away for fewer days is to fly more frequently.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 3:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Back at work after 15 weeks... Feels super weird to have some normalcy. And to sit in my normal office chair.
JR67 and jerjeffr like this.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: EBD, Avis Presidents Club, HH Gold
Have written Eurobonus, but can't seem to get an answer so thought I'd try the 'real experts'.
I've done nine years gold/diamond in a row, and this is my tenth. (May 2020-May 2021 is my tenth).
Given their status match, do I still need to obtain the tenth year in qualifying flights/points, or does everyone qualify from the previous year?

As it's my ninth consecutive year, I do want to qualify, but seeing the limited flights and lack of desire to travel unsure if I need to hit the numbers for this year, or if my 2019-2020 Diamond membership (which is now 2020-2021 Diamond Membership) is sufficient for lifetime gold hitting the tenth consecutive year.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 2:30 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by jerjeffr
Have written Eurobonus, but can't seem to get an answer so thought I'd try the 'real experts'.
I've done nine years gold/diamond in a row, and this is my tenth. (May 2020-May 2021 is my tenth).
Given their status match, do I still need to obtain the tenth year in qualifying flights/points, or does everyone qualify from the previous year?

As it's my ninth consecutive year, I do want to qualify, but seeing the limited flights and lack of desire to travel unsure if I need to hit the numbers for this year, or if my 2019-2020 Diamond membership (which is now 2020-2021 Diamond Membership) is sufficient for lifetime gold hitting the tenth consecutive year.
At the moment you need to qualify by points/flights in your current period. But I expect changes to the requirements later this year.
jerjeffr likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 1:29 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Just bought my first flight ticket since February. Oh the thrill of it ! Now the second thrill will be weather it will be operating
GUWonder, nacho and JR67 like this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 4:51 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by SK2751
Now the second thrill will be weather it will be operating
Sadly SK‘s flight plan is not reliable. I don‘t see why I should book with SK currently.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 5:36 am

Programs: EB Silver, Bonvoy Gold
Can fully agree with Jainzar, my flight ARN-ZRH booked in May for departure end of June got cancelled by mid-June. First I was rebooked on another phantom SK flight that got cancelled 5 days ago. Try to avoid SK until the end of the summer break at least...
Old Jun 23, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Sadly SK‘s flight plan is not reliable. I don‘t see why I should book with SK currently.
I did not book with SK, but I left this info out, as I felt it was off topic. Especially, that I am not any more or less sure that it will operate than if I have booked with SK. I do have a back up plan to drive if this does not work, but I really hope not to drive.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SK2751
Just bought my first flight ticket since February. Oh the thrill of it ! Now the second thrill will be weather it will be operating
I have three return trips booked for July. All JAL domestic. One was was reshuffled a bit when the final schedule for first half of July was published last week, and the the one for second half of July could be reshuffled when the schedule is finalised. But I am quite sure I will flybfor all of them.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Swedavia airports will recommend that Swedish airport users wear masks at the Swedavia airports. Unlike with CPH, ARN (and the other Swedavia airports) won’t mandate it for passengers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.