Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2020, 4:04 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by JR67
We have deer outside our window every morning. Unfortunately I don't have the hunting rights on that field. But if you want to poach...
After all the hard work for the jagar exam to get the license, I can understand that you don’t want to risk losing the license (for poaching or other violations) and may want to avoid having the police come out to the mansion in the boonies to collect the guns for poaching and other violations related to that. I’ll have to do my hunting where it’s allowed and do my part to protect your Second Amendment rights where they don’t exist. Oh, wait, that means I’m protecting nothing.

Last edited by GUWonder; May 10, 2020 at 4:11 am
Old May 10, 2020, 5:53 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Angry

Originally Posted by GUWonder
the mansion in the boonies
Everyone here is complaining about slow refunds. That is NOTHING! Thanks to corona I had to let almost my entire staff go. I have to peel my grapes myself now.
Old May 10, 2020, 7:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JR67
Everyone here is complaining about slow refunds. That is NOTHING! Thanks to corona I had to let almost my entire staff go. I have to peel my grapes myself now.
The remaining Swedish household staff are the essential personnel that can’t be terminated and can’t terminate you but can certainly mutiny if the grapes aren’t giftfri and up to Swedish standards.

I only have 4 SAS tickets left to get changed or refunded, but it’s going to be a pain to get them changed or refunded. Maybe I need to go to CPH and cough up a lung while refusing to leave until they do what I want?
Old May 13, 2020, 5:36 am

So, it appears that SAS will demand that all passengers 6 years or older will need to wear a facemask between May 18 and 31 August. They're also removing all non-essential items from the airplanes such as reading materials, pillows, and blankets. And they will stop serving food on board.

https://www.sasgroup.net/newsroom/pr...reise-med-sas/

Will this also apply to intercontinental flights? I mean, most passengers could manage without being served food on intra-Europe, but on flights to LAX and SFO, both food, pillows and blankets are fairly essential.
Old May 13, 2020, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by RedChili
So, it appears that SAS will demand that all passengers 6 years or older will need to wear a facemask between May 18 and 31 August. They're also removing all non-essential items from the airplanes such as reading materials, pillows, and blankets. And they will stop serving food on board.

https://www.sasgroup.net/newsroom/pr...reise-med-sas/

Will this also apply to intercontinental flights? I mean, most passengers could manage without being served food on intra-Europe, but on flights to LAX and SFO, both food, pillows and blankets are fairly essential.
Some level of food serving on long haul would be the norm even these days.

Though the current BA F meal is the Euro buy on board M&S sandwiches, actually that is the food in any BA long haul cabin these days it seems. On the other hand JAL is serving the usual meals. I think the appropriate thing might be somewhere in between these two.

I agree serving no food at all on long haul is just not the way to go. But as there currently are no long haul flights, it is difficult to know. The text sadly seems pretty clear.
Old May 13, 2020, 6:01 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Perhaps I'm reading something into it which shouldn't be there, but a categorical "no food" with no special mention of long-haul makes me think that it's more likely that we won't see resumption of long-haul passenger flights in the proposed period.
Old May 13, 2020, 6:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Superrman
Perhaps I'm reading something into it which shouldn't be there, but a categorical "no food" with no special mention of long-haul makes me think that it's more likely that we won't see resumption of long-haul passenger flights in the proposed period.
The SK long-haul fleet being off from passenger operations for this period? That wouldn’t surprise me, as it would be a cost-control measure that minimizes financial bleed when given the alternative of low and more vulnerable demand.
Old May 13, 2020, 7:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
QR is still serving the full business class meal, but SAS style with the plastic covers still on: Current Onboard Catering and Beverages
Old May 15, 2020, 12:03 am

Does anybody know where a Swedish resident can buy a travel insurance which is valid while the UD recommends to abstain from all non-essential foreign travel?
Old May 15, 2020, 12:18 am

Programs: Various
No, but if it exists it would be where you'd normally buy insurance for holidays in Somalia or Afghanistan.

I'm sure you're already checked and know the mainstream insurance companies won't touch your money with a 10 metre pole
Old May 15, 2020, 12:25 am

Yes, both my home insurance and the AmEx insurance are not valid, so that's why I'm asking. I reckon that some people on this board are still traveling, and I have at least one necessary trip coming up this summer.
Old May 15, 2020, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
No, but if it exists it would be where you'd normally buy insurance for holidays in Somalia or Afghanistan.
Yes, both my home insurance and the AmEx insurance are not valid, so that's why I'm asking. I reckon that some people on this board are still traveling, and I have at least one necessary trip coming up this summer.
Yepp, Fredrik nailed it. Forget SEB, Folksam etc. You need to look for a "High Risk Travel Insurance", you can get those from various insurance companies like "High Risk Voyager". But they are obviously not cheap.

All depends where you go? EU? Or Nigeria? Makes a huge difference.
GUWonder likes this.
Old May 15, 2020, 4:45 am
Suspended

Does anybody know where a Swedish resident can buy a travel insurance which is valid while the UD recommends to abstain from all non-essential foreign travel?
To where are you going? I had calls made to some Swedish insurers and the calls generally came back with that the travel was still covered unless UD had a warning against the visits to the country. But I also don’t trust answers on the phone as much as the written word.

We were asking about vacations inside the EU/EEA, to the Americas, and domestic Swedish travel more than 2 hours away from insured property. The last one was the one which I was most interested in finding out about since the recommendation came out against non-essential travel more than 2 hours away.

By the way, insurance companies (including reinsurers) are being financially hammered like never before in our lifetimes. So make sure the insurer is likely to survive and still being good about handling claims. Otherwise there may be some unwanted surprises.

Last edited by GUWonder; May 15, 2020 at 4:57 am
Old May 15, 2020, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I called If, Moderna and M Sverige and asked them and they said as long as UD recommendations stay like this no travel insurance will valid because I have insurance in 3 different companies. The reason was that we needed to go to DK and all of them told us that as long as we are in the Nordic region then our insurance will cover (it was "YMMV" necessary trip to DK).
Old May 15, 2020, 5:50 am
Suspended

One of my family friends was the head of a Swedish insurance company named in this thread. We asked the then-CEO of that insurance company about insuring some high-value belongings in Sweden. The word back was don’t waste the money on the additional insurance (for rider coverage of sort) and self-insure or otherwise mitigate for the risk with other actions. I guess one day I will find out if it was costly advice or costly insurance.

I usually don’t see the value in me buying travel insurance. And if I buy travel insurance, it’s more likely that the insurance company got a client they don’t really want because I’m more likely to choose to be covered when I suspect that there is a higher risk than usual and my cost to self-insure in ways is less than ideal for me.
SK2751 likes this.

Last edited by GUWonder; May 15, 2020 at 5:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.