Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2020, 5:27 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
My IAD-CPH flights are most commonly just me with no personal posse in tow, so my finding a seat in the lounges there is easier than for a couple or a family of 3 or 4 people.

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
According to Wikipedia it certainly is a hub for AA, UA and DL. Not only that but all three carrier have a large presence there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_An...tional_Airport
LAX was a core hub for AA in a way that LAX was not for UA. DL was the last — but not least — of the US3 to the show with LAX as primary California hub.

LAX was a secondary hub for UA in the state, with SFO being its primary California hub. AA and DL have had LAX as the primary California hub.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 30, 2020 at 5:35 am
Old May 3, 2020, 10:48 am
Suspended

So there is an operating carrier flying between Malmo-Sturup airport and Stockholm using the Fokker 50. The operator’s name? America West. Amusingly, that is the name of the US carrier that grabbed USAirways, which in turn grabbed American Airlines.

It’s sold as FlexFlight.
Old May 3, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by GUWonder
So there is an operating carrier flying between Malmo-Sturup airport and Stockholm using the Fokker 50. The operator’s name? America West. Amusingly, that is the name of the US carrier that grabbed USAirways, which in turn grabbed American Airlines.

It’s sold as FlexFlight.
This is Amapola Flyg. Unsure why they're using America West identifier but I'd guess it's an IT issue on the web rather than real.
Old May 3, 2020, 1:21 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Amapola has the IATA code HP, which used to be America West...
Old May 3, 2020, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Amapola has the IATA code HP, which used to be America West...
Sure, so the issue is then, just like I suspected, that some sites haven't updated their records
GUWonder likes this.
Old May 3, 2020, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
This is Amapola Flyg. Unsure why they're using America West identifier but I'd guess it's an IT issue on the web rather than real.
When did Amapola diversify into passenger flights? Wasn’t it a cargo flight operator?
Old May 3, 2020, 2:26 pm

I don't know actually. Without googling I don't know if they used to be a BRA sub-contractor or part of the Terminal 3 subsidy flights(who are still terribly expensive). The latter is probably true as someone had to step in when Nextjet went bankrupt.

Last edited by Fredrik74; May 3, 2020 at 2:27 pm Reason: Nextjet, not Skyways. Skyways was several years ago.
Old May 4, 2020, 1:14 am
Suspended

Never before flown them.
Old May 4, 2020, 1:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

It seems they have 14 F50s, of which 3 can do passenger flights.

https://www.amapola.nu/contacts/flygplan.html

The F50 they fly were built bewteen 1987 and 1992: https://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/...active-f50.htm
Old May 4, 2020, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

The F50 they fly were built bewteen 1987 and 1992: https://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/...active-f50.htm
Some of the planes have a pretty colourful history. I did not know that Lufthansa City Line had been operating F50s, nor that Norwegian Air Shuttle had.
Old May 4, 2020, 3:06 am
Suspended

They seem to want to charge me more to book flights on those planes for MMX-STO than what SAS, BRA and Norwegian were typically charging me.

Back to the future of more expensive plane tickets.
Old May 4, 2020, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Some of the planes have a pretty colourful history. I did not know that Lufthansa City Line had been operating F50s, nor that Norwegian Air Shuttle had.
Back in 2015 I took a domestic flight inside Iceland that was operated by a F50 that was previously with Contact Air
Old May 4, 2020, 8:38 am

We had a Minoan-Air F50 from 1989 operating KID-ARN for Sparrow Aviation (Flyglinien) with one of their two planes after Skyways with their BMI EJ145 went bust... which made me not fly KID-ARN anymore. At that time, the plane was super dirty and looked horrible from both the inside and the outside, the cockpit crew flew in from UK for a 3 day rotation and they looked like falling asleep already on the tarmac, the cabin crew was rotating in from Greece and while being nice enough also looked terrible unfocused. All of that screamed "not safe".

And, besides the dreaded Saab 2000, one of the most noisy planes I have been flying with...
Old May 4, 2020, 10:30 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by fassy
And, besides the dreaded Saab 2000, one of the most noisy planes I have been flying with...
Try a charter flight to Cyprus.
Old May 4, 2020, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JR67
Try a charter flight to Cyprus.
Even if the charter flight operators aren’t insolvent, I try to avoid them like I try to avoid IKEA. The idea of them gives me nightmares. And I haven’t even yet flown any of these charter tourist flights.

Isn’t a refusal to take a charter tourist flight borderline grounds to be banished from Sweden as not being a well-integrated member of the kingdom?
JR67 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.