Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
I have an upcoming flight FRA-CPH-IAD-CHS and CHS-EWR-OSL-FRA.
Two questions:
(1) Any way to retrospectively figure out the booking classes? Just call?
(2) Is there any way to check in for this flight with the long-haul SAS legs under my EB account hoping for an upgrade as I'm Diamond BUT some legs under my UA account?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by flockavelliFT
Two questions:
(2) Is there any way to check in for this flight with the long-haul SAS legs under my EB account hoping for an upgrade as I'm Diamond BUT some legs under my UA account?
(2) I guess it is all about upgrades... So you would need the numbers registered well in advance. Some airlines' systems allow multiple FFP on one booking, some does not I don't know where SK and UA are in that scale But try, and let us know how it works out. I would do this by accessing the booking first from SK to get your EB number in, the try to see if you can modify the UA legs only from their website.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
(2) I guess it is all about upgrades... So you would need the numbers registered well in advance. Some airlines' systems allow multiple FFP on one booking, some does not I don't know where SK and UA are in that scale But try, and let us know how it works out. I would do this by accessing the booking first from SK to get your EB number in, the try to see if you can modify the UA legs only from their website.
Thanks, SAS EBD number has been in on the booking since day 1 and I have not touched it.
I guess I‘ll try to modify at check-in once I know whether complimentary upgrades came through or not.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

Thanks, SAS EBD number has been in on the booking since day 1 and I have not touched it.
I guess I‘ll try to modify at check-in once I know whether complimentary upgrades came through or not.
You can always change to UA number at the UA gate, but as domestic upgrades clear earlier, and good E+ seats may be gone, it would be probably be worth contacting United to check if they can manage that
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ask you TA to assign the FFP number by segment(s), the UA see your UA MP number on the relevant segements and SK doesn't mess up credit for the SK segments.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You can always change to UA number at the UA gate, but as domestic upgrades clear earlier, and good E+ seats may be gone, it would be probably be worth contacting United to check if they can manage that
It's not as easy as you think - I tried at MUC and it's impossible according to the gate agent. I tried again at IAD and the agent couldn't do it - I asked her if she could just remove my TK G, and she said it's impossible. After a while she said she had to switch to another system to get it changed.

Check the UA forum - I'm not the only one struggling with this problem.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:13 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Hey guys and girls

Anybody on WF149 (SOG-BGO) or SK4898 (BGO-ARN) today?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
I'm trying to book a flight in January IAD-TLL-IAD. If I choose a return on Sunday, January 13, there are no flights. Same if I try on other round-trips from SAS US destinations, like ORD-TLL-ORD and EWR-TLL-ORD. I'm trying this on SK's site. Are they really not operating any flights to the US on January 13, or they are all full, or it's just SK's booking website is messed up? (I'm guessing the last one). If I choose January 14, it's fine. The only options I seem to get on January 13 involve a layover in ARN or CPH overnight, and ending up on the January 14th trans-atlantic flight.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:28 pm

I played around with it some more. I tried one-way on January 13 and it says no flights at all TLL-IAD, but if I choose CPH-IAD, I get plenty of options including the direct flight and connecting on the CPH-EWR and ARN-EWR flights. So is it just no capacity on the TLL-CPH and TLL-ARN legs on Jaunary 13, or some IT problem?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:32 pm

I think I found the answer to my question -- no morning flights TLL-CPH or TLL-ARN on Sunday January 13. On other days they have them, on SK flight numbers operated by Cityjet. I guess they just decided not to operate those flights on that morning.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 3:29 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by jfidler
I think I found the answer to my question -- no morning flights TLL-CPH or TLL-ARN on Sunday January 13. On other days they have them, on SK flight numbers operated by Cityjet. I guess they just decided not to operate those flights on that morning.
SAS runs quite different schedules on weekends. The intercontinental flights remain the same, but the business oriented short hauls are severely reduced. One reason for this is less demand, and whatever demand there is (mostly leisure) is less time sensitive. Another reason is that SAS uses weekend capacity for longer leisure flights to southern Europe that often runs just once a week, or for charters.

You will see very few domestic flight in Norway on Sundays, ann SH internationals like services to TLL undergoes a similar logic.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: EK Gold, SK*G, IHG Diamond Amb
Two questions:
Regarding (2). If you log into sas web Pages and select my bookings there is a link saying "edit bonus program for frequent travelers" (norwegian "rediger bonusprogram for de som reiser mye"). Here you can add different FF program for each leg of your booking.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:18 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
A quick question...

Does SAS still only offer one complimentary drink on longhaul (to HKG) economy?

I have a choice between Turkish Airlines and SAS, and the drinks matter. This is a decision between earning miles, or general comfort!
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:00 am

I can't access the Star Alliance award tables as https://www.sas.se/eurobonus/poangtabeller/ neither in Firefox nor in Chrome. SAS has obviously made some change to the web site. Does anybody have a link that works?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RedChili
I can't access the Star Alliance award tables as https://www.sas.se/eurobonus/poangtabeller/ neither in Firefox nor in Chrome. SAS has obviously made some change to the web site. Does anybody have a link that works?
The link you just provided works perfectly fine on Chrome for Android.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.