Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The attendants will generally always point you to the SAS Gold Lounge if you are *G. It is the better (some would say less bad) lounge. If it is very crowded and the business lounge is more quiet, they will not mind you switching lounge. The gold lounges tend to be the more crowded of the two.
Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:09 am

Programs: EB Gold
I am planning to fly Stockholm - Bangkok in November. One option is the direct flight from Thai airways. However, the ticket would be booked via SAS, as they offer this flight as a code share flight.
Question, how do I know which booking class I will get from Thai, so that I am landing in one that provides Eurobonus points?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:48 am
AHO

Originally Posted by entraider
I am planning to fly Stockholm - Bangkok in November. One option is the direct flight from Thai airways. However, the ticket would be booked via SAS, as they offer this flight as a code share flight.
Question, how do I know which booking class I will get from Thai, so that I am landing in one that provides Eurobonus points?
Unfortunately, there is no way to know the booking class on SAS side in advance when you book THAI operated flight with SAS flight number (codeshare).

This is because the booking class on SAS side is variable when you book a codeshare flight.
It means, sometimes it can be W class, sometimes it can be Q class and so on.
entraider likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Am I missing something here? What is the benefit of booking a SAS codeshare vs TG code flight? With star alliance I just dont see a upside?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:38 am
AHO

Originally Posted by kauppias
Am I missing something here? What is the benefit of booking a SAS codeshare vs TG code flight? With star alliance I just dont see a upside?
Sometimes, the fare can be cheaper when you book as codeshare flight than as operating carrier's flight number.
Or, the fare rules can be more beneficial than operating carrier's fare.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by AHO
Sometimes, the fare can be cheaper when you book as codeshare flight than as operating carrier's flight number.
Or, the fare rules can be more beneficial than operating carrier's fare.
Ok thanks for that. Over at Oneworld I have avoided codeshares with a passion unless the price is significsntly lower or the points are 100% higher ie AA codesgare on AY metal works well

I am still adjusting back to Star alliance
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by AHO
Unfortunately, there is no way to know the booking class on SAS side in advance when you book THAI operated flight with SAS flight number (codeshare).

This is because the booking class on SAS side is variable when you book a codeshare flight.
It means, sometimes it can be W class, sometimes it can be Q class and so on.
I would put it more that way that you could tell from SK's booking class if you would know the mapping table. Since the mapping table is usually not public you are right that we do not know into which of TG's booking class it maps.

Nevertheless two tickets with the same SK booking class are expected to have the same underlying TG booking class.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
I would put it more that way that you could tell from SK's booking class if you would know the mapping table. Since the mapping table is usually not public you are right that we do not know into which of TG's booking class it maps.

Nevertheless two tickets with the same SK booking class are expected to have the same underlying TG booking class.
The SAS booking classes would be U and Q. Do you think I would get Eurobonus points for these?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:53 am

The SAS booking classes would be U and Q. Do you think I would get Eurobonus points for these?
U and Q on SAS both earn miles

http://www.wheretocredit.com/sas-sca...ian-airlines/u
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:08 am

Only in this case you need to know into which of TG's booking class SK's booking class maps. In *A it is the operating carrier that counts.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
Only in this case you need to know into which of TG's booking class SK's booking class maps. In *A it is the operating carrier that counts.
The OP stated that the SAS booking codes were U and Q so thats what I was responding to
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:49 am

The OP stated that the SAS booking codes were U and Q so thats what I was responding to
Yeah the SAS booking codes are U and Q, but it is operated by Thai Airlines. So the question is which booking classes Thai would make out of SAS's U and Q.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:16 am

Yeah the SAS booking codes are U and Q, but it is operated by Thai Airlines. So the question is which booking classes Thai would make out of SAS's U and Q.

Ahh, sorry I misunderstood what you wrote. No clue what they map into sorry. Perhaps you can google that or contact thai to see if they have a answer. Sorry.
entraider likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:05 am

Ahh, sorry I misunderstood what you wrote. No clue what they map into sorry. Perhaps you can google that or contact thai to see if they have a answer. Sorry.
If you could Google that question, and find an answer which was correct half a year ago, it's entirely possible that the mapping has changed in the meantime, and that the Googled answer is no longer correct. Airlines change their booking classes the whole time.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:09 am

If price is the reason for getting a codeshare flight then I would at least expect a lower earning class than TG is selling. What is is in the end you still need to try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.