The Eurobonus Forum Kafé

Old May 23, 17, 11:51 am

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
Originally Posted by fassy View Post
Sure about the Travel Insurance? They usually only protect misconnects on separate tickets if there is a sufficient time between flights. In most policies I have seen 3 hours or more. Read the fine print before going this route.
Thank you for the info!

I double checked it with the bank and I remembered correctly. They will cover it as long as it is MCT or more. (as published by an airline)
Old May 27, 17, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Diamond (*G), Marriott Ambassador (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/27/world/british-airways-computer-failure/index.html?adkey=bn

And then we say SK IT is terrible. While the website and EBG system are somewhat erratic, they entire list of departures from CPH and ARN has not been cancelled by IT troubles yet.
Old Jun 20, 17, 7:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
For years, the US Embassy in Copenhagen has been warning Americans in Denmark that under Danish law it's illegal for individuals to fly the US flag on a flagpole in public unless getting prior government approval. Amusingly, a Danish family has been told to remove the US flag or face a fine from the Danish authorities. If I am not mistaken, they can put up a Swedish flag just fine without facing a fine. Go figure.
Old Jun 20, 17, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Diamond (*G), Marriott Ambassador (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
For years, the US Embassy in Copenhagen has been warning Americans in Denmark that under Danish law it's illegal for individuals to fly the US flag on a flagpole in public unless getting prior government approval. Amusingly, a Danish family has been told to remove the US flag or face a fine from the Danish authorities. If I am not mistaken, they can put up a Swedish flag just fine without facing a fine. Go figure.
Flying any flag but the Danish flag as a private person in Denmark would require permission in advance from the police. Also the Swedish flag.

Normally the permission would require flying the Danish flag along side in a not smaller size than the foreign flag. They can't be flying from the same flag pole.
Old Jun 20, 17, 7:32 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/27/world/british-airways-computer-failure/index.html?adkey=bn

And then we say SK IT is terrible. While the website and EBG system are somewhat erratic, they entire list of departures from CPH and ARN has not been cancelled by IT troubles yet.
Just wait until they outsource to India like BA did/has...

United has done so as well - and we are now reaping those rewards!!

(Met one of their IT programmers heading over on the UA BOM-EWR flight - he was pretty clueless and I really fear what they are creating!)
Old Jun 20, 17, 7:42 am

Actually you can fly any of the Nordic countries' flas as well as the EU and the UN flags without permission. Other flags are condidered a sovereignty violation and therefor requires permission.

On another not it is not illegal to burn the flag - actually it is the only way to "discard" a flag that should no longer be used.
Old Jun 20, 17, 7:46 am

Flying any flag but the Danish flag as a private person in Denmark would require permission in advance from the police. Also the Swedish flag.

Normally the permission would require flying the Danish flag along side in a not smaller size than the foreign flag. They can't be flying from the same flag pole.
I recall a prior Danish Justice Minister saying the rules waive in the flags for Greenland, the Faroes, the NPU countries, the EU, and the UN. Was that Minister mistaken, or has the law cracked down further on flag waving?
Old Jun 20, 17, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OFFlyer View Post
Actually you can fly any of the Nordic countries' flas as well as the EU and the UN flags without permission. Other flags are condidered a sovereignty violation and therefor requires permission.

On another not it is not illegal to burn the flag - actually it is the only way to "discard" a flag that should no longer be used.
No, you can fly the flags of Greenland and the Faeroe Islands without permission, but not any other.

http://justitsministeriet.dk/arbejdsomraader/flagning/udenlandske-flag
Old Jun 21, 17, 4:02 am

Programs: Various
And the relevant quote

Det er dog tilladt private at flage med det grønlandske flag og det færøske flag uden særlig tilladelse. Det er endvidere tilladt at flage med finsk, islandsk, norsk og svensk flag, uden at det er nødvendigt at indhente særlig tilladelse hertil.

Endelig er det tilladt at flage med FN-flaget og det europæiske flag – dvs. EU-flaget – uden særlig tilladelse.
Old Jun 21, 17, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fredrik74 View Post
And the relevant quote
I missed second part of that paragraph.... Apologies.
Old Jun 21, 17, 4:40 am

I missed second part of that paragraph.... Apologies.
Given the history of territorial conflicts in Scandinavia, it's amusing that the Swedish flag is waived into use in Denmark while flying the flag of the US or Uruguay would result in being waved down by the Danish police. I'm pretty sure that a local resident waving such an "illegal" flag (illegal absent prior government permission) wouldn't legally undermine the sovereignty of the country on which the foreign flag is waved.
Old Jun 21, 17, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Just wait until they outsource to India like BA did/has...

United has done so as well - and we are now reaping those rewards!!

(Met one of their IT programmers heading over on the UA BOM-EWR flight - he was pretty clueless and I really fear what they are creating!)
Anytime an airline migrates customer-contact or back-office functions from a high-income country to India, I take it as a leading indicator of further declines in customer service and of the airline loyalty program to come.
Old Jun 21, 17, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given the history of territorial conflicts in Scandinavia, it's amusing that the Swedish flag is waived into use in Denmark while flying the flag of the US or Uruguay would result in being waved down by the Danish police. I'm pretty sure that a local resident waving such an "illegal" flag (illegal absent prior government permission) wouldn't legally undermine the sovereignty of the country on which the foreign flag is waved.
Not really surprising. The Nordic region introduced passport free travel among the countries back in 1965, so the ties between the countries have been very strong in modern history, if not in the earlier times.
Old Jun 21, 17, 4:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN**
Anytime an airline migrates customer-contact or back-office functions from a high-income country to India, I take it as a leading indicator of further declines in customer service and of the airline loyalty program to come.
BA used to have a DCS that ran on an ENIAC like server that need constant TLC by a crew of hundreds. When they migrated to Altea they no longer needed the server and the crew. Thats the whole point of migrating a system. The migration was badly done and the new system was over customised. But that still doesn't justify keeping the staff to maintain a no longer needed system?
Old Jun 21, 17, 5:27 am

Programs: Various
That doesn't really answer the question why the function is moved to India.

Search this Thread