Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Old May 7, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Lounge upgrade

Lounges at EWR, ORD and CDG will get an upgrade this year, according to information from SAS.

Hey! What about CPH? In urgent need. Instead OSL gets a gym, according to another thread!

BTW Couldn't find a dedicated lounge(-upgrading) thread. Might be handy, even though not so hot at the moment.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
We had this thread in 2015 when they did a major revamp in ARN: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...on-2015-a.html
Old May 10, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
SAS annoyances

SAS overall I think is a good airline but there are annoying aspects. Just have to vent a little (most of these issues already discussed here on FT :-) ):
  • Flying 1h40m HEL-CPH in Plus you get a fresh bite. Flying half that distance CPH-DE you get towel service, meal box and the optional G&T.
  • Ginger ale removed from gold lounges
  • That "We've landed x minutes ahead of scheduled arrival time"-announcement that is a total lie. Scheduled arrival time is gate arrival, not landing. I've had that announcement even though we were late at the gate as we landed before our gate arrival time (duh). Today I even heard in Swedish (?) "Vi har landat 5 min före får skedulerade ankomsttid".
  • No lounge access at outstations
  • Not possible to change seat assignments on sas.se check-in. Have to go to sas.fi to do so.

Then other aspects SAS do great. Such as (imo) on-time record, good cabin personell, good online possibilities, decent lounges.
Old May 10, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Gnopps
  • Ginger ale removed from gold lounges
!!!

The one thing I was looking forward to when I'm visiting one of those lounges.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Lounges at EWR, ORD and CDG will get an upgrade this year, according to information from SAS.

Hey! What about CPH? In urgent need. Instead OSL gets a gym, according to another thread!

BTW Couldn't find a dedicated lounge(-upgrading) thread. Might be handy, even though not so hot at the moment.
The lounge at Newark is definitely under construction. The bathrooms were completely closed when I was there a few weeks back. Tremendously annoying to have to leave the lounge frequently. They did have self serve liquor though...
Old May 14, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha

I hadn't heard about a gym but I been told there will be a new domestic lounge, it will be located beside TGI Fridays, i think this is where Braathens used to have a lounge.
Old May 19, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Guys, are there any methods that allows one to do a proper multicity on the SAS website?

Would calling in work - and does the call center charge extra to ticket if one cannot do this on the website?
Old May 19, 2017, 7:06 am

No way on the SAS website but calling in works for multi city itineraries
Old May 19, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
I think they've permanently changed the MAN-CPH route to a CRJ. This annoys me.
Old May 19, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Guys, are there any methods that allows one to do a proper multicity on the SAS website?
The website lets you book A-B-A (ie. ARN-EWR-ARN) and A-B C-A (ie. ARN-EWR ORD-ARN, return from different city). For some reason SAS hasn't made either full multicity bookings or the much more needed A-B-C (ie. ARN-EWR-CPH) available on their website.

I would value having access to the latter without having to call in greatly.

Would calling in work - and does the call center charge extra to ticket if one cannot do this on the website?
Calling in or using a TA works fine, I've done this countless times.
Old May 20, 2017, 2:49 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by fassy
No way on the SAS website but calling in works for multi city itineraries
I have used th WF website for this. It is less useful than it was, but still works for the basic multi-cities
Old May 20, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ksu
I have used th WF website for this. It is less useful than it was, but still works for the basic multi-cities
Unfortunately that only works for regular revenue tickets (and not for Plus). You can't use it for itineraries involving EB.

It does show how trivial this is to implement and how disappointing it is that SK still doesn't offer this through their website.
Old May 20, 2017, 5:38 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
It does show how trivial this is to implement and how disappointing it is that SK still doesn't offer this through their website.
It also amazes me that in 2017 it still isn't possible to book multi-cities online on sas.se
Old May 22, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
Looking for AMS-TLL tickets. I have a couple of options and can't decide. I have a day of buffer and short of 1000 miles from E+. The youth fare that I'm talking about will book into V which is earning a solid 100%/500 minimum on TK. ^

1. SK556 + SK1744 With 35min in ARN on one ticket. Pros: SK556 has a whopping 26% on-time frequency (according to airportia.com) so I have quite a good hope for 250€ comp (EU261), and ask for a flight back to AMS + full refund. Then I could still snatch AMS-TLL direct on the next day, Nordica youth prices are around 120€ with plenty of last-minute availability. This would land me next day in TLL with ''free'' ticket and 120€ extra in my pocket. :-: The problem is that when all goes according to schedule, I would pay 250€ for the ticket which is a bit too much considering other options. And also the expensive fare books in to U, which won't get the miles I need. What do you think is the probability of missing the connection?

2.Buy the same itinerary on two separate flights for approx 100€. (youth fare). In case of first flight is late hope that SK would rebook (I know that they don't have to) me on the same day evening flight. Worst case scenario, I would just by a new ticket myself for the evening flight and send the receipt to my CC travel insurance (yes it's covered).

3.Buy two youth fare tickets with a safe (1,5h+) connection in case of IRROPS. Approx 100€. (+20€ for train tickets to ''norreport'' and porridge at ''GROD'' when flying through CPH ^ )

4.Buy Nordica direct for 120€ and buy the missing status miles for 70USD but What's the fun in that?

5.Somehow manage to get the 2nd option youth fare on one PNR. Anybody has any ideas? Sounds too good to be true. Called SAS and the lady gave me the price (~100€) but then said that they are not allowed to sell that ticket. I have been using services of quite a capable TA lately, maybe she can somehow force it through multi-city or another wonderful tool that she might have.

So what do you think about the options. And will the bag drop agents at AMS check the luggage to TLL even when Im on 2 PNR?
Old May 23, 2017, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Karl Gustav Annus
1. SK556 + SK1744 With 35min in ARN on one ticket. Pros: SK556 has a whopping 26% on-time frequency (according to airportia.com) so I have quite a good hope for 250€ comp (EU261), and ask for a flight back to AMS + full refund. Then I could still snatch AMS-TLL direct on the next day, Nordica youth prices are around 120€ with plenty of last-minute availability. This would land me next day in TLL with ''free'' ticket and 120€ extra in my pocket. :-: The problem is that when all goes according to schedule, I would pay 250€ for the ticket which is a bit too much considering other options. And also the expensive fare books in to U, which won't get the miles I need. What do you think is the probability of missing the connection?
50-50, I guess.

2.Buy the same itinerary on two separate flights for approx 100€. (youth fare). In case of first flight is late hope that SK would rebook (I know that they don't have to) me on the same day evening flight. Worst case scenario, I would just by a new ticket myself for the evening flight and send the receipt to my CC travel insurance (yes it's covered).
Sure about the Travel Insurance? They usually only protect misconnects on separate tickets if there is a sufficient time between flights. In most policies I have seen 3 hours or more. Read the fine print before going this route.

3.Buy two youth fare tickets with a safe (1,5h+) connection in case of IRROPS. Approx 100€. (+20€ for train tickets to ''norreport'' and porridge at ''GROD'' when flying through CPH ^ )
Would be my preferred option. But then, my time is too valuable to gamble. I just want to get where I have to go - in time with as few problems as possible. I guess, SAS will also be more accommodating if you miss this connection rather than the 35 minute connection on separate tickets.

4.Buy Nordica direct for 120€ and buy the missing status miles for 70USD but What's the fun in that?
Actually, no. This would be my preferred option. Reasoning as above.

5.Somehow manage to get the 2nd option youth fare on one PNR. Anybody has any ideas? Sounds too good to be true. Called SAS and the lady gave me the price (~100€) but then said that they are not allowed to sell that ticket. I have been using services of quite a capable TA lately, maybe she can somehow force it through multi-city or another wonderful tool that she might have.
AFAIK not possible. Youthfares are just available to the Nordics or from the Nordics and not for connecting through the Nordics.

So what do you think about the options. And will the bag drop agents at AMS check the luggage to TLL even when Im on 2 PNR?
Yes, not a problem at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.