Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Allsĺng pĺ Flyertalk?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:46 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Perhaps this place can be called the SAS Community Sauna or Bathhouse?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Allsĺng pĺ Flyertalk?
SAS Community Sauna/Bathhouse.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Perhaps this place can be called the SAS Community Sauna or Bathhouse?
After intensive thought last night (I know I need to get a life) and crosscheck with my nordic wife I changed the title to Kafé.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
After intensive thought last night (I know I need to get a life) and crosscheck with my nordic wife I changed the title to Kafé.
It sounds like the kids and wife weren't keeping you busy enough. Or is there simply more time when traveling away from home without the family pack? Didn't know what else to make of the 75 OT post counting.

I was so looking forward to a comparison of sauna/bathhouse life in Germany to that in the Nordic region? Perhaps we can have a Miles & More Sauna/bathhouse thread in the Lufty forum?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:45 am

Slow day at work, so more FT activity and afterthought. Travel resumes on Monday.

75 count comes from the moderator system, it shows when you move stuff.

No one stops you from discussing sauna here, its a coffehouse... meant for anything that comes to mind!

That said I don't thinks swedes are as preoccupied with Bastu as Finns and Germans are with Sauna.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:16 am

Pfffff.... was still waiting for my Wideroe flights to post and then tried to retro credit them. Got a mail back after a few hours telling me I will not get points since I did not take those flights...? What can I do?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Send in your BP.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:58 am

I did... the BP is no proof you have been on the plane. I wonder how they think I got to OSL for my next days flight? Walked there?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by fassy
There we go... Scandinavians do not socialize, so no need for a Biergarten or similar place to socialize and there fore no word for it...
Wait until they are drunk then they become extremely friendly and talkative

Hygge also in most places means being at home or in a cozy place with close friends or family, not being around in public chatting with strangers. Fika is a least a bit more open as it has made it to the daily corporate life.
True. Fika is kind of similar because it's not design for any stranger who comes in and chat.

The problem is that these kind of chat threads usually die fast, I guess because most of the ot chatter comes out of the triggering topic. So far I do not find it very disturbing here in this board. Actually fun, (being one of the contributors in those) and as long as nobody complains about thread highjacking or the chatting I don't see a reason to act.
+1 It's nice to hear someone who shares the same thoughts.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:09 am

I have been in Stockholm for two years now. I miss the weather in California but I have to say that I like it here. The only significant medical I've done is the birth of my son, which went great even with a last-minute c-section. To get around picking up parcels at the local post, I get my packages sent to my office. My only complaint is I miss the 50k point signup bonuses and ethical manufactured spend. I used to churn over a million miles/points a year and now I'm just plugging along with EB Amex and MC. Most of my miles I used for trips here to Sweden, but these days I can find great biz fares ex-Scandinavia. So I've given up the coupe for a wagon, given up the awards for revenue, and gained paternity leave and a large vacation balance. This summer I spent two weeks portion of vacation hanging out here in Stockholm. That didn't happen in California.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er
My only complaint is I miss the 50k point signup bonuses and ethical manufactured spend. I used to churn over a million miles/points a year and now I'm just plugging along with EB Amex and MC. Most of my miles I used for trips here to Sweden, but these days I can find great biz fares ex-Scandinavia.
Ah... churning a million miles a year with manufactured spending is far beyond "ethical" in my book - more like badly abusing a broken system

But that's a problem the banks and airlines have to figure out.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er
I have been in Stockholm for two years now. I miss the weather in California but I have to say that I like it here. The only significant medical I've done is the birth of my son, which went great even with a last-minute c-section. To get around picking up parcels at the local post, I get my packages sent to my office. My only complaint is I miss the 50k point signup bonuses and ethical manufactured spend. I used to churn over a million miles/points a year and now I'm just plugging along with EB Amex and MC. Most of my miles I used for trips here to Sweden, but these days I can find great biz fares ex-Scandinavia. So I've given up the coupe for a wagon, given up the awards for revenue, and gained paternity leave and a large vacation balance. This summer I spent two weeks portion of vacation hanging out here in Stockholm. That didn't happen in California.
Giving birth 3 times here in Sweden gave me a mixed picture - they are all natural delivery although the second and the third time they really prep me for C section which I refused. My experience for living here for 10 years is that if you need some standard treatment, then the medical system would be ok. However if you fall into exceptions then you are SOL - maybe it's better in Stockholm.

There was an American mum telling us how nice it was to give birth in the US compared to Sweden. She thinks it's like hell to give birth here - now she is back to the US.

About the parcels, yes if you have a job and they can be sent to your office. What about all the elderly people?

I really don't understand how can anyone churn a million points a year - I doubt that I would think it's completely ethical.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:24 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by nacho
My experience for living here for 10 years is that if you need some standard treatment, then the medical system would be ok. However if you fall into exceptions then you are SOL - maybe it's better in Stockholm.
Nope, equally worse in Stockholm, even at the major hospital(s). The problem with all professionals in Sweden, including doctors, is that their fika and 30 days of holiday planning is higher on the priority list than patient care and treatment. Why become a doctor if you don't care about people and doing a 100% proper job.

If only there was more competition in the form of real private clinics. This would also be a great way to improve the education system. A lot of problems in Sweden today are simply because of a lack of competition and the very little competition there was historically actually has been shot down and changed because a kid got teased in school...

There was an American mum telling us how nice it was to give birth in the US compared to Sweden. She thinks it's like hell to give birth here - now she is back to the US.
In many countries it is custom to give birth at home unless there are complications. So the unnecessary trip to the hospital where you're getting kicked out as soon as the kid is out doesn't contribute to the experience.

About the parcels, yes if you have a job and they can be sent to your office. What about all the elderly people?
Or people that don't work from an office. The solution is UPS and paying $50+ per shipment, they do come all the way to your house regardless of where it is but those cost don't work on many smaller shipments.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Nope, equally worse in Stockholm, even at the major hospital(s). The problem with all professionals in Sweden, including doctors, is that their fika and 30 days of holiday planning is higher on the priority list than patient care and treatment. Why become a doctor if you don't care about people and doing a 100% proper job.
That is: If you even get to see a doctor in the first place and are not send away by a nurse on a power trip which after walking down her standard questionnaire tells you to go back home and wait another 5 days that things get better...

Tried to get a cardio screening for a long time (I even have the special private insurance) since I have now and then some tingling in my left arm and leg after a bit of piercing pain in my left chest region... sounds to me like "warning for heart attack (or something in the area)".

I was sent home every single time without even seeing a doc after the girl noted some questions, checking of my blood pressure and made the conclusion I'm fine. And I tried more than one clinic. Eventually I got to see a doc which told me to come back when I "experience the problems again".

I'm really really close to end my "living in Sweden" Experiment based on this. I do not want to die because some lazy "health care professionals" think I'm fine without even checking me up.

For the parcels:
Again, I actually love that. I'm never at home when they come (even the UPS guys) so I'm happy that I get a SMS my package has been delivered to the next landhandel (about 2kms away) and I can pick it up on my way back home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.