Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Originally Posted by studentCPH
Yep that is correct on SK metal! I believe some one has even reported here they were allowed multiple extra on top of that once.
Personally I haven't managed with that - but they tend not to care about the weight as long as it is under 32 kg. (Similar with most other airlines I travel on with status - I check much at AA/BA flights)

Note that you are allowed an extra piece of sports equipment/special baggage as well. In that respect the most I have checked in on a Plus ticket is 5 items up to 32kg and on Go ticket 4 items up to 32 kg... This is all very nice and why I appreciate the status - I have to travel with a lot of luggage sometimes at work.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by skba1
Personally I haven't managed with that - but they tend not to care about the weight as long as it is under 32 kg. (Similar with most other airlines I travel on with status - I check much at AA/BA flights)

Note that you are allowed an extra piece of sports equipment/special baggage as well. In that respect the most I have checked in on a Plus ticket is 5 items up to 32kg and on Go ticket 4 items up to 32 kg... This is all very nice and why I appreciate the status - I have to travel with a lot of luggage sometimes at work.
That is not what the rules actually states. The sports equipment can replace an item of your allowance. But it does not add to the allowance. How it has been applied is of course a different thing, but don't plan on them always being accommodating.

http://www.flysas.com/en/uk/travel-i...ecial-baggage/
Old Nov 5, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That is not what the rules actually states. The sports equipment can replace an item of your allowance. But it does not add to the allowance. How it has been applied is of course a different thing, but don't plan on them always being accommodating.

http://www.flysas.com/en/uk/travel-i...ecial-baggage/
That is indeed true! Which somehow seems to have gone past my eyes...

However, I found that in Plus&Business you actually get three extra bags on SK operated flights, i.e. five bags in total.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
That is indeed true! Which somehow seems to have gone past my eyes...

However, I found that in Plus&Business you actually get three extra bags on SK operated flights, i.e. five bags in total.
Not my experience, though only got over the limit twice with SK. Had to pay full price for the extra piece.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 10:09 pm
ekf

Well, according to the rules, you get 1 bag (23 kg) in GO, 2 bags (23 kg) in Plus, 2 bags (32 kg) in Business.
On top of that 1 extra bag as EBS, 2 extra bags as EBG/EBD.

That means that the max free baggage you can get is 4*32 kg, and that is as EBG+, according to the rules.

http://www.flysas.com/en/uk/travel-i...ecked-baggage/
Old Nov 7, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by GUWonder
At ARN and CPH, the A3*G on my SK boarding passes for departing flights has gotten me in without showing a card.

The Aegean mobile phone app allows you to display your card too, if they ask.
No problem at all getting in without physical card. They just scanned my BP and welcomed me. Tried SAS lounge at ARN and at BRU.

However, for some reason all the miles for the journey got credited to EB..
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
This is a bit strange. Are you absolutely positive that you never gave your silver card to anybody, or that you never entered the silver card into this reservation?
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:59 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by wazow
This is a bit strange. Are you absolutely positive that you never gave your silver card to anybody, or that you never entered the silver card into this reservation?

I did some research and our corporate TA had inputted it in the FQTV field while making reservation.. Still, it was not visible to me on SAS website neither check my reservation / check-in. Well, now I have enough miles for *A redemption with A3
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Oh yeah -- the wonders of corporate TAs. Ours does the same ...
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: SAS
I had a funny experience with Flyertalk earlier this evening. I checked the SAS forum from my phone but to my big surprice there seemed to be flash back in time and I was reading posts back from 1998 !!! I guess right from the very beginning af the SAS forum. The fun only lasted a few minutes until it reverted back to the present day.
Anyone else experienced this ?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You must have accidentally sorted forum by oldest post first:

View Screen Capture
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:10 pm

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You must have accidentally sorted forum by oldest post first:
Ah yes , thanks Oliver That would explain the mystery . But fun and interesting to take a trip down memory lane and read about SAS and the airline industry as it was in the late 90 ´s .
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:00 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Page 27 of the new Eurobonus Traveller magazine does not bode well. Wonder how they will be enhancing the earnings table?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 4:24 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Arlanda T5 evacuated due to bomb threat.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 5:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Nutpot on a 4U flight to HAM just before 9am. Both old piers of T5 evacuated (1-24) and two hours of disarray, now things are back to normal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.