Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Well done so far SAS! (SK945, 25th Feb)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done so far SAS! (SK945, 25th Feb)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2006, 12:45 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GUWonder
CO gives out status matches easily, but they are not great with op-ups on long-haul flights, especially not on long-range equipped 757s.
That's the main reason why I don't travel with CO OSL-EWR. 16 C seats is not a lot...
Old Mar 1, 2006, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
You sure???? NEVER happened to me for sure...
I'm sure. In Economy Flex (ARN-EWR) in summer 2005 ice cream was served. They even came a second time if any one wanted an extra ice cream.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 2:05 pm

Programs: CO Plat, UA 1P, SK *G, HH Gold
Originally Posted by tommy777
That's the main reason why I don't travel with CO OSL-EWR. 16 C seats is not a lot...
CO BusinessFirst concept is a notch better than C-class on SAS though, in addition they offer very reasonable discounted BF fares (Z class) on a regular basis. We're talking $1000 to $1500 for a return ticket.

CO's BF is a very protected concept and upgrades require both dollars and miles and it's not guaranteed. Op-ups are non-existent due to the limited number of BF seats.

If you compare the SK 330 vs the CO 752 you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure what is the best a/c if seated in Y.

For me the convenience of the non-stop though (EWR-OSL) is a major bonus.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by GetAA81Back2ARN
I'm sure. In Economy Flex (ARN-EWR) in summer 2005 ice cream was served.
well, in Y of course. I thought IC had been served in M. My bad.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 4:01 am

Not so good, SGS, very good SAS!

I am currently sitting at ARN after not making SK945 this morning. SGS used 1 hour (!) finding out the weight of the a/c and we left OSL 1:30 minutes late. SGS really sucks.

De-icing took 1 minute (it's true, they used 3 trucks on our plane), but on the ARN approach, the Captain announced that alle ORD pax were re-booked to SK943

BLĆH!

After landing, I went to the service center, I had 31B on my original flight, got 46A. Asked for an upgrade, no dice. And here's the funny part: They gave me a voucher for SEK 50.- for food for my 6 hour wait...

I refused it and called SAS CS. After 2 minutes, I was upgraded and got NOK 1000.- to spend on tax free or whatever I like.

Not bad, but still, it's gonna be a long day...
Old Mar 2, 2006, 4:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I refused it and called SAS CS. After 2 minutes, I was upgraded and got NOK 1000.- to spend on tax free or whatever I like.

tommy... is this one of the cheapo christmas tickets? And did you get upgraded to Y or C?
Old Mar 2, 2006, 5:03 am

How on earth did you manage to do that? Did you have to use the deep upgrade voice? In a similar sitiation I wouldn´t be calling anyone. What would I tell them?
Old Mar 2, 2006, 7:49 am

So your routing is now OSL - ARN - CPH - ORD!!!!!!!!!!! WOW. I hope you enjoy the chamagne & the Copenhagen Lounge!!
Old Mar 2, 2006, 1:29 pm

Greetings from 6H on SK943! What a great crew and flight! (no wonder, there's 126 pax today....)

I am indeed on an Xmas W ticket today, NOK 2800. I traveled OSL-ARN-CPH and am currently over Canada on 943. Looooooong day filled with a lot of Champagne and other goodies. For once they had cod today instead of the salmon. The food was the best I have had in a long time.

How did I score the upgrade? Well, first of all the delay out of OSL on SK 850 this morning was totally SGSs fault. It was amateur day this morning.

Second, I told the lady at SKBU CR what happened in a calm way and was complaining about my very short stay in the US (I'm only there for the weekend) and I also told her that this was my third round trip in 5 weeks. (she checked it and confirmed I was telling the truth) A 6 hour delay due to incompetence is a lot, she was appalled that the pax only got a SEK 50.- voucher to get food at ARN, that's why I got the tax-free goodies and because I am a good customer, she thought giving me C on an empty flight was a good settlement we both could live with: almost free for SAS and I got satisfied!

No points or SAS acquaintances being used, this was just good customer service
Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:01 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
No points or SAS acquaintances being used, this was just good customer service
Congrats to the update. But I am startint to thing there is something in your EB-profile that gives you a heads-up when it comes to the upgrades

Regarding the NOK1000, however, I think that should have been given to everyone making the same trip as you did. As an EBG you probably have a better day then the rest of the lot anyway.

It seems right now that SK (or rather SGS handling all passengers) says no to every claim and ask you to call SAS CS for correction, knowing that a lot (most?) of passengers don't do that. This way they have saved some money (they think).

I was on a cancelled flight a few weeks ago and had to ask for the (SEK50!) voucher after the rebooking was done. It was obviuos that she wouldn't have given me one unless I asked.

Unfortunately this just add to the frustration and the feeling becomes Ryanair rather than a competent network airline.

Anyway, I hope you have a nice stay and a nice trip back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.