Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Originally Posted by larsll
This is extraordinary!
I know!!!
And in France?!
I know!!!
Someone working in a customer facing job actually going beyond their duty to please a customer... For sure doesn't happen very often.
I know! (a third time)
I'm well too aware of French employees' attitude towards customer service...unfortunately!
Naturally it was a shocking experience. Had to order a bottle of Nicolas Feuillate after take-off to cure my nerves a bit...

I must be very good at this op-up thing.
But of course, who could resist my charming French op-up voice??

Larsll, at least you'll avoid P-class flying AF!! Enjoy!
Old Feb 24, 06, 4:58 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jacob_m
Larsll, at least you'll avoid P-class flying AF!! Enjoy!
Too bad a rental car was waiting in NCE, so no complimentary red wine or similar. It seems like AF has increased service on domestic French flights, tonight I got a sandwich instead of the previous salé ou sucré. Not a gourmet sandwhich, but it is something. KLM also increased their inflight service after the merger by re-introducing free alcohol.

And we are "stuck" with SK...
Old Feb 25, 06, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo,SPG Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum (IEC&FI)
From Y to C. And it also applied to my co-worker who is EBB. I guess our PNRs were linked to each other.

Internet works but I haven't yet checked the espresso machine. Now it is time for some gin&tonics. SK seems to promote the new business class concept quite heavily in the monitors in the cabin.
Old Feb 27, 06, 11:12 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by miikka
From Y to C. And it also applied to my co-worker who is EBB. I guess our PNRs were linked to each other.

Internet works but I haven't yet checked the espresso machine. Now it is time for some gin&tonics. SK seems to promote the new business class concept quite heavily in the monitors in the cabin.
See, you need to be positive

And you didn't need to speak french or do my voice
Old Mar 8, 06, 4:23 am

Programs: AAadvantage, EBG, PP
Sigh. Joined this site looking for that magical key to complimentary upgrades, after wondering as to why I have only been upgraded *once* (M -> E-Extra), despite the fact that I have essentially been flying between CPH and EWR on full-fare Economy every two weeks since Aug., and despite the fact that M-class is essentially ALWAYS full, and there's been a number of overbookings.

Was recently upgraded to EB Gold, so hopefully this would make a difference going forward. Don't really feel that paying 30,000 points for a one way M->C upgrade is an attractive offer, although I've taken it a few times.

Oh, well, just have to keep on trying...
Old Mar 8, 06, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo,SPG Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum (IEC&FI)
Originally Posted by CONY
Was recently upgraded to EB Gold, so hopefully this would make a difference going forward. Don't really feel that paying 30,000 points for a one way M->C upgrade is an attractive offer, although I've taken it a few times.
This will change now as you are EBG. But of course if there is a huge amount of single EBGs on board then you will have to compete. And it will be especially hard if you are travelling with someone on the same PNR (or with linked PNRs).
Old Mar 8, 06, 5:38 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Welcome to FT CONY!

There are lots of tips here on how to successfully get upgrades (or "op-ups" as they are called).
EBG status will of course also make it a lot easier.
Old Mar 8, 06, 5:46 am

Welcom to FT CONY

EBG will make a difference but as you will be flying out of CPH it is a bit of chance game - from my own hard earned experience.

ARN seem to be better at priorizing EBG. At least you are in luck in the other end - most of us agree that EWR is one of the best (most professional) SAS intercon gates when it goes for EBG treatment.

Good luck
Old Mar 9, 06, 1:16 pm

Programs: AAadvantage, EBG, PP
Thank you all!

Thank you all for the nice welcomes! Gratly appreciated.

Yea, I hope EBG as opposed to EBS will change things for the better. Always travel alone, so no problem in that department.

I've read in some other threads that one should ask for upgrades up to 3 times:
- at check-in
- in Lounge
- at Gate

Is this also true for SAS in CPH/EWR?
Old Mar 9, 06, 4:06 pm

Programs: EBG (*G), QR Gold
Originally Posted by CONY
Thank you all for the nice welcomes! Gratly appreciated.

Yea, I hope EBG as opposed to EBS will change things for the better. Always travel alone, so no problem in that department.

I've read in some other threads that one should ask for upgrades up to 3 times:
- at check-in
- in Lounge
- at Gate

Is this also true for SAS in CPH/EWR?
As i understand it, at least at ARN, there is no one at the lounge to ask. Are the CPH lounge staff actually SAS employees?
Old Mar 9, 06, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by kjsaw
Are the CPH lounge staff actually SAS employees?
Yes.
Old Mar 9, 06, 4:15 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jacob_m
Naturally it was a shocking experience. Had to order a bottle of Nicolas Feuillate after take-off to cure my nerves a bit...
One thing came to mind... are you sure you didn't take that bottle (and a few more) in the lounge before boarding, and didn't differentiate C-class from the aft cargo hold? Both would be a significant upgrade from P-class

Search this Thread
Search Engine: