FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Introduction of P-class on KF-flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/524886-introduction-p-class-kf-flights.html)

Q400 Feb 10, 2006 12:53 am

Introduction of P-class on KF-flights

This is a sad day for all of us Blue1 friends.

It seems that the 'working' concept of SAS is to be introduced on KF flights as well.

I just check my itinerary from Amadeus and yes it is true:

Status Confirmed
Cabin Economy Restricted
Aircraft Avro RJ100 Avroliner
Flight duration 1:00
Mileage 249 miles Disclaimer
Stop(s) 0
Meal Food and Beverages for Purchase

I just confirmed this from SAS and they said there's a rumour (not official) that this will be the case. :mad: :mad:

Is there anything you can do Tommy777?

harri Feb 10, 2006 1:24 am

There used to be a page on the Blue1 website which explained their in-flight service, but that page seems to be gone now :confused:

Cached Google search still finds that page, so it's removed from the Blue1-server just recently:
http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:...n&ct=clnk&cd=3

FlyingFinn Feb 10, 2006 2:55 am

Originally Posted by Q400
This is a sad day for all of us Blue1 friends.

I just check my itinerary from Amadeus and yes it is true:
Meal Food and Beverages for Purchase

When is your flight, i.e. when will these changes come into effect?

Looks like I'll have to stop flying KF as well - unless the fares get reduced because of this "enhancement" - which I highly doubt. More money to AY from me.

Q400 Feb 10, 2006 3:37 am

Now it's official

Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
When is your flight, i.e. when will these changes come into effect?

I just read from Flightforum.fi -> http://www.flightforum.fi/forum/index.php?topic=44426.0 where SAS confirms officially that Blue1 is to get closer to other airlines (SAS, Austrian and funnily LCCs) in their service concept :mad: .

If you make any dummy booking involving KF you'll get the same (lack of) service quote that I pasted.

I just wonder when the SK intercontinental flights turn to the LCC service concept as I heard from one SAS crew member last year... There are rumours around...

jacob_m Feb 10, 2006 3:39 am

OH NO!!! :(

I sincerely hope you're wrong!!!
But with all these new routes and cheap fares they probably had to cut costs somewhere.
Still very very sad, yet another airline with no service...

esv Feb 10, 2006 4:00 am

Another wonderful enhancement :mad: :td:. Is this KF's own idea, or is it central SAS management that have decided they don't want to see any Economy Pax go unpunished within their empire?

I hate when SK management take their good results last year as vindication of their half-LCC business model, when it actually just is the general situation for the European airline industry that has improved. Most European airlines are much more profitable than SAS, even though they don't have any silly P-class and still use the "complicated" ticket rules that SAS says nobody accepts anymore.

miikka Feb 10, 2006 11:19 am

And just last spring they were so proud that they were still the full-service airline inside the SAS group ... so much for that marketing.

Maybe we will start getting something extra if we book Flex tickets? Nowadays Flex tickets received the same service as with Economy tickets. But then it will require some more spending. To get the service you were used to, you will have to spend more money than today. Quite nice service ... sad.

Helsinki Flyer Feb 10, 2006 1:24 pm

It is sad to see this happen. What on earth are they thinking? Finnair is still serving everything for free, including liquor. What other reason do I have to choose them than price? Schedules are never as good as Finnair´s. Prices rarely anymore, because of fuel surcharges. I don´t get more than 25% of miles (basically a joke). With Finnair I get 50% even on the lowest fares. I get lounge access for now, but is that enough? I don´t think so anymore. No wonder Finnair is making good money and SAS is barely in the black.

LH747FTL Feb 11, 2006 7:22 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Finnair follows suit... The new CEO said something like "we can offer even more services for business class and cheaper tickets in the back with fewer extras" a few weeks ago. :mad:

You get 100% or 200% miles on AY flights to AAdvantage, and the challenge to Platinum (200%) only takes 10K Q points in 90 days.

Gnopps Feb 12, 2006 2:01 pm

Sad sad, SAS are consistent with their P-class strategy. I've been using my points for KF flights lately, no shortcut to service anymore now.

harri Feb 14, 2006 3:06 am

They haven't officially informed anything yet about these changes, have they?
I wonder how are they going to handle the bookings which have been made prior to these changes? Are they going to distribute vouchers like what SAS did back in 2004?

harri Feb 21, 2006 9:45 am

I could only find this news release in Finnish (not yet on the Blue1 website), but it basically says that Blue1 will start one-class concept on all flights except HEL-LON and between Finland and Scandinavia.
They will also introduce Cafe1-concept on these one-class flights (buy onboard)

Blue1:lle tuoteuudistuksia

Blue 1 ilmoittaa seuraavista tuoteuudistuksista:

1. Yksi matkustusluokka

Kesäaikataulun astuessa voimaan 26. maaliskuuta 2006 otetaan käyttöön yksi matkustusluokka Economy Class, seuraavilla, seuraavilla Blue1:n reiteillä:

Kotimaan reiteillä:
Helsingistä Kuopioon, Ouluun, Rovaniemelle, Vaasaan ja Kittilään

Helsingin ja Euroopan välisillä reiteillä:
Helsingistä Amsterdamiin, Ateenaan, Berliiniin, Barcelonaan, Dubliniin, Hampuriin, Nizzaan, Pariisiin, Roomaan, Varsovaan ja Zürichiin.

Suomen ja Skandinavian välisillä sekä Helsingin ja Lontoon välisellä reitillä matkustamo on edelleen jaettu Business ja Economy -luokkiin.

2. Café1 Economy-luokassa

Maaliskuun 26. päivänä 2006 Blue1 ottaa käyttöön myös uuden Café1-tarjoilukonseptin Economy-luokassa Blue1:n kotimaan reiteillä sekä Helsingin ja Euroopan välisillä Blue1-lennoilla.

Café1-konseptin avulla pyritään parantamaan asiakkaidemme valinnanvapautta ja antamaan matkustajille mahdollisuus itse päättää mitä haluaa syödä ja juoda lennon aikana. Laajasta ateria- ja juomavalikoimasta jokainen saa vapaasti valita mieleisensä vaihtoehdon, edulliseen hintaan.

Café1-valikoima vaihtelee jonkin verran lennon pituuden mukaan. Tarjolla on tuoreita täytettyjä sämpylöitä, suolaista ja makeaa pikkupurtavaa sekä makeisia. Pidemmillä lennoilla valikoimaan kuuluu myös salaatteja ja muita ruokaisia vaihtoehtoja. Kahvin, teen ja virvokkeiden lisäksi tarjolla on myös olutta ja viiniä; kansainvälisillä lennoilla myös muita alkoholijuomia.

Café1-konsepti otetaan käyttöön 26.3. Blue1:n kotimaan lennoilla sekä Helsingin ja Euroopan välisillä lennoilla:

Kotimaan reiteillä:
Helsingistä Kuopioon, Ouluun, Rovaniemelle, Vaasaan ja Kittilään

Helsingin ja Euroopan välisillä reiteillä:
Helsingistä Amsterdamiin, Ateenaan, Berliiniin, Barcelonaan, Dubaihin, Hampuriin, Lontooseen (Economy Class), Nizzaan, Pariisiin, Roomaan, Varsovaan ja Zürichiin

Café1 ei siis ole käytössä Suomen ja Skandinavian välisillä reiteillä.

Maksutavat:
Kaikki yleisimmät luottokortit sekä suomalaiset pankkikortit käyvät maksuvälineenä. Blue1:n kotimaan lennoilla Cafe1-ostokset voi lisäksi maksaa myös Lounasseteleillä.

Huomaa, että koneessa ei voi maksaa käteisellä, ei myöskään Visa Electronilla.

Lähde: Blue1

miikka Feb 21, 2006 11:31 am

Originally Posted by harri
I could only find this news release in Finnish (not yet on the Blue1 website), but it basically says that Blue1 will start one-class concept on all flights except HEL-LON and between Finland and Scandinavia.
They will also introduce Cafe1-concept on these one-class flights (buy onboard)

No no no no. I can't believe that they decided to do that.

Q400 Feb 22, 2006 12:13 am

Originally Posted by miikka
No no no no. I can't believe that they decided to do that.

Trust me - soon it's the Icelandair concept on SK longhaul ECO- too. Sings don't look good. WHY SAS OH WHY? :(

miikka Feb 22, 2006 12:38 am

Originally Posted by Q400
Trust me - soon it's the Icelandair concept on SK longhaul ECO- too. Sings don't look good. WHY SAS OH WHY? :(

I have no experience from Icelandair - what is Icelandair concept on longhaul Economy?