Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Introduction of P-class on KF-flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introduction of P-class on KF-flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2006, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by miikka
I have no experience from Icelandair - what is Icelandair concept on longhaul Economy?
SAS will go narrow body with a Longyearbyen lay over?
Old Feb 22, 2006, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, AY Gold, BA Gold, TK Gold, ITA Executive Elite+, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
SAS will go narrow body with a Longyearbyen lay over?
Yeah... Basicaly the FI is using the charter airline's concept which means you have to pay for everything else except the meal. Okay I guess many American airlines are having the same service level on Transatlantic routes.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 3:03 am

Programs: AY, SK, AF/KL + randomly others
Originally Posted by harri
I could only find this news release in Finnish (not yet on the Blue1 website), but it basically says that Blue1 will start one-class concept on all flights except HEL-LON and between Finland and Scandinavia.
They will also introduce Cafe1-concept on these one-class flights (buy onboard)
Well, not nice However, the good news is that the the non-domestic 'normal' (as opposed to 1-2 times a week semi-charters) flights seem to continue as full service in all classes, which is still the majority of flights.

The strage thing is that one cannot pay with cash, only cards or lunch coupons accepted.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 4:02 am

Simply a dumb move by SAS. What have they to offer besides price? Practically no miles (oh, 25% ), not even a free cup of water. What´s left? Flights to Paris twice a week. What has Finnair to offer? Double the miles as even cheapest fares offer 50% and free service, alcohol, beer, hot meals when travelling to Paris, flights 4 times a day.

Come on. Seriously. What do they have besides price? Absolutely nothing. They are worse on every other aspect. Why should I or anyone else be flying with them if Finnair or even Sterling is cheaper?
Old Feb 22, 2006, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Pteropous
Well, not nice However, the good news is that the the non-domestic 'normal' (as opposed to 1-2 times a week semi-charters) flights seem to continue as full service in all classes, which is still the majority of flights.
The Cafe1-concept also applies to flights to TXL and HAM. HAM has been served twice a day, TXL daily. I really liked that route and have used it quite a lot. And do you think that Finland-Scandinavia routes will have service in eco?
Old Feb 22, 2006, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, AY Gold, BA Gold, TK Gold, ITA Executive Elite+, IHG Diamond AMB
Angry

Finally the (sad) press release in English:

SAS STANDARDISES ITS TRAVEL CLASSES AND INTRODUCES A NEW SERVICE CONCEPT

As the summer schedule becomes effective from 26 March 2006, SAS is standardising its product by introducing one class travel (Economy Class) on
Blue1 domestic flights from Helsinki to Kuopio, Oulu, Rovaniemi, Vaasa, Kittilä and on flights to Amsterdam, Athens, Berlin, Barcelona, Dublin, Hamburg, Nice, Paris, Rome, Warsaw and Zurich. The services from Finland to Scandinavia and those from Helsinki to London are still Business Class and Economy Class.

SAS will also introduce a new Café1-service concept on Blue1 domestic flights and flights from Helsinki to other European destinations (excluding flights from Finland to Scandinavia). The service is available in the Economy Class.

Café1-concept features a wide variety of meals and drinks for an affordable price. The selection varies according to flight duration. Passengers can choose from a variety of fresh sandwiches, sweet and savoury snacks and sweets. On longer flights, the menu includes salads and more wholesome meals. Refreshments include coffee, tea, soft drinks, beer and wine, and on international flights other alcoholic beverages as well.

Prices are reasonable. Methods of payment include most credit cards and Finnish bank cards. On Blue1 domestic flights, Finnish meal vouchers
(Lounasseteli) are also accepted. Cash and Visa Electron are not accepted aboard.

Source: Area newsletter
Old Feb 22, 2006, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
The Cafe1-concept also applies to flights to TXL and HAM. HAM has been served twice a day, TXL daily. I really liked that route and have used it quite a lot. And do you think that Finland-Scandinavia routes will have service in eco?
At least on the TXL-HEL Route Air Berlin will start a new service from May 1.
They offer a full service (Meal+Softdrinks...liquor at good rates) and even a FFP which gives you every 15th flight a free oneway (no taxes to be paid). Furthermore they will be using a brand new A320...
www.airberlin.com
Old Feb 22, 2006, 8:33 am

AirBerlin just started ellig tickets on the new HEL-TXL route and they´re running a promo. Flights for 1€+taxes and all. All in price is 58€/round-trip. I should book one for the summer. Just in case. They´re so cheap that if I´ll miss it, no biggie. Free service on all flights. They´re reaaly trying to break the legacy carriers into pieces.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 8:41 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by Q400
As the summer schedule becomes effective from 26 March 2006, SAS is standardising its product by introducing one class travel (Economy Class) on Blue1 domestic flights from Helsinki to Kuopio, Oulu, Rovaniemi, Vaasa, Kittilä and on flights to Amsterdam, Athens, Berlin, Barcelona, Dublin, Hamburg, Nice, Paris, Rome, Warsaw and Zurich. The services from Finland to Scandinavia and those from Helsinki to London are still Business Class and Economy Class.
To me it looks like that all destinations are one-class except all the destinations, which are feeding the SAS hubs. Domestic is okay, it is actually in my opinion a good move. Maybe they have classified the other destinations as "holiday" destinations while the actual business travel is happening only to SAS hubs.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 8:57 am

Programs: SAS
Air Berlin starts flying from CPH in May as well, serving Berlin, Hamburg and Düsseldorf. And they seem to have these 58€ intro offers as well. Thanks for the tip !
The skies between Berlin and CPH are getting crowded - apart from SAS there is also Sterling and Easyjet and now Air Berlin. ^

Last edited by cph_flyer; Feb 22, 2006 at 10:10 am
Old Feb 22, 2006, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by cph_flyer
Air Berlin starts flying from CPH in May as well, serving Berlin, Hamburg and Düsseldorf. And they seem to have these 58€ intro offers as well. Thanks for the tip !
The skies between Berlin and CPH are getting crowded - apart from SAS there is also Sterling and Easyjet and now Air Berlin. ^
Which is IMO at least one carrier too much.... and the times AB has on the service are not really convincing (at least compared to Sterling, who also offer flights to THF which is a huge advantage).

Anyway, the 29Euro fare is the general fare on what they call their "Euro Shuttle" services, so one is able to get these fares year-around.

For those FFP-fetishists (who's not?). They will probably have a double-miles (incl. status...but that is not worth talking about) promo for the first months on the CPH and HEL routes. That's what it is usually like.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 1:38 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
A quick prediction for the next AEA figures..... mmm KF down .... AY up !

Well done KF , in one quick move you have just made the competion a lot of money .....
Old Feb 28, 2006, 8:39 am
Original Poster

New info on Blue1 pages about the Café1 concept:

"With the new Café1 on our Domestic and European routes we offer the possibility to select food and beverages from Café1's attractive and customer friendly menu.

Our menu includes sweat and salty snacks, ..."

http://www.blue1.com/travelservice/p...flightservice/
Old Mar 3, 2006, 4:39 am
Original Poster

I guess some good news for the guys who are allowed to travel in C (unlike in the Swedish company I'm working ):

SAS STANDARDISES ITS TRAVEL CLASSES

As we informed in the previous newsletter, SAS is standardising its product by introducing one travel class (Economy Class) on Blue1 domestic flights and European flights excluding London.
Considering code share -cooperation, Blue1 has now decided to preserve two travel classes also on routes between Helsinki and Berlin, Helsinki and Hamburg and Helsinki and Zürich.

Source: Area
Hmm. so it'll be P-class and C then?
Old Mar 3, 2006, 5:00 am
esv

Originally Posted by Q400
Hmm. so it'll be P-class and C then?
Probably. It sounds like LH didn't allow them to scrap C on the codeshare routes. They probably figured their customers would get quite upset if they had bought an expensive C ticket with LH prefix and then were put in P-class (even if you can buy "sweat and snacks" ) .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.