Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

JOIN IN: Letter to SAS - Suggesting an Improved Economy Class Product

JOIN IN: Letter to SAS - Suggesting an Improved Economy Class Product

Old Jun 22, 05, 1:42 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
I have sent letter off aswell !
Old Jun 22, 05, 6:09 am

Answer ;)

SAS Germany is quite fast (less than 48hrs):

Sehr geehrter jobi,
Ihre E-Mail haben wir dankend erhalten.
Mit großem Bedauern haben wir Ihrer Nachricht entnommen, dass Sie – wie auch viele andere Fluggäste - mit unserem neuen Klassenkonzept nicht einverstanden sind. Wir können Ihre Reaktion sehr gut nachvollziehen und leiten Ihren Kommentar gerne an die zuständige Abteilung weiter.
Bitte erlauben Sie uns den Hinweis, dass unser neues Konzept das Ergebnis von intensiven Fluggastbefragungen ist. Die Umfrage zeigte, dass ein neues Konzept drei Klassen (mit den jeweiligen Angeboten wie auch Einschränkungen) beinhalten muss um somit den Anforderungen der Kunden gerecht zu werden. Auch wurde dabei die Tarifstruktur verändert. Leider ist dies bisher nicht in ausreichendem Maße geschehen. Es tut uns Leid Ihre Erwartungen anlässlich Ihrer Reise mit Scandinavian Airlines nicht erfüllt zu haben. Gleichzeitig danken wir Ihnen für Ihre Mühe uns Ihre Eindrücke zu schildern. Sie sind für uns ein wichtiger Anhaltspunkt und helfen eventuelle Veränderungen im Sinne unserer Gäste zu veranlassen.
Wir danken Ihnen für Ihr Verständnis und würden uns freuen, wenn wir Sie auch künftig zu unseren Gästen zählen dürften.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Martina Vercellini
Short translation:
Dear Mr jobi,
Thank you very much for your E-Mail.
With regret we have recognized, that you, as well as many other customers, are not satisfied with our new 3-class-concept. We do understand your reaction and will gladly forward it. However, our new concept is the result of several frequent flyer surveys. This survey showed that any new concept has to be a 3-class one in order to satisfy our customers’ needs (including all offers and cut-downs). We are very sorry that we were not able to fulfill your expectations and thank you very much for writing your suggestions. They will help us to improve our service in our guest’s sense.
We thank you for your understanding.
Kind Regards
Martina Vercellini
Old Jun 22, 05, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jobi
SAS Germany is quite fast (less than 48hrs):
We do understand your reaction and will gladly forward it. However, our new concept is the result of several frequent flyer surveys. This survey showed that any new concept has to be a 3-class one in order to satisfy our customers’ needs (including all offers and cut-downs).
Well, seems like she didn't understand what we are complaining about. It is not that we (atleast not all of us) disagree with the 3-class concept, it is just the way it is implemented.

In short; maybe the right thing, definitely the wrong way.

Jobi; would you reply to SAS and elaborate? There are many (small) ways in which they can wastly improve their product, but it seems like they don't understand. Makes me wonder if Customer Relations ever fly?
Old Jun 22, 05, 7:28 am
YHM

Programs: SK G
Sent mail today.
Old Jun 22, 05, 10:31 am

Sent today.

Seriously reconsidering my signature but then again, it's the old SK logo representing things of the past.
Old Jun 22, 05, 10:42 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Done my share!

Nice to see some new members registering and sending the letter.

Perhaps we should post a message in the Star Alliance forum as well to reach more people?!
Old Jun 22, 05, 2:31 pm

larsll:
I will write an answer tomorrow, though I'm not sure whether this will have any effect...

Anyway, I think posting this message in the Star Alliance Forum is a good idea.
Old Jun 22, 05, 4:28 pm

Programs: BAEC SILVER, BMI SILVER (now with loads!!! of MBNA miles), SAS EBS, Club Card
Sent it via feedbackform on SAS Brathens' web site
Old Jun 22, 05, 11:20 pm

Programs: EBG, M&M G, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Just sent the message via email to the [email protected]
Old Jun 23, 05, 1:12 am

Programs: SAS EBD, Flying Blu Gold, Etihad Gold
Me too, sas.se!
Old Jun 23, 05, 8:36 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
There is now a message in the Star Alliance forum with a link to the petition.
Hopefully it will generate a few more people...

Originally Posted by jobi
Short translation:
Dear Mr jobi,
Thank you very much for your E-Mail.
With regret we have recognized, that you, as well as many other customers, are not satisfied with our new 3-class-concept. We do understand your reaction and will gladly forward it. However, our new concept is the result of several frequent flyer surveys. This survey showed that any new concept has to be a 3-class one in order to satisfy our customers’ needs (including all offers and cut-downs). We are very sorry that we were not able to fulfill your expectations and thank you very much for writing your suggestions. They will help us to improve our service in our guest’s sense.
We thank you for your understanding.
Kind Regards
Martina Vercellini
At least it's nice to hear they have recognised people are (still) not happy, that it's not just a temporary reaction to the changes.
I just wonder how many letters of complaint are needed before they understand something will have to be done not to lose a large part of the loyal customer base.
Old Jun 23, 05, 8:43 am

Programs: SK*G
Originally Posted by jacob_m
I just wonder how many letters of complaint are needed before they understand something will have to be done not to lose a large part of the loyal customer base.
I don't how many are needed, jacob_m, but at least it's one less now, since I just mailed and snailed mine!
Old Jun 23, 05, 9:36 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

From the replies that have been posted, it looks like it is a standard answer: We regret that you and many others are not satisfied, but we have done this because of a survey, blabla.

Like larsll says, they don’t understand our point at all! The survey told them that some customers wanted cheaper flexible tickets than business class, well, I don’t think the customers who wanted this to happen, wanted the price structure in effect now:

OSL-LHR-OSL
M fares: from NOK 1000 to NOK 3000
Y fares: NOK 6400.-
C fares: NOK 7800.-

The gap between M and Y is too big!

And, as usual, they are not addressing our most important points at all, about the room in M, the service and comfort etc.

Not surprising at all, standard answers, but it must have some effect on these people when 20-30 e-mails from important customers are popping into their inbox at once..

Next step: We ask for a meeting with them?
Old Jun 23, 05, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by tommy777
Next step: We ask for a meeting with them?
Or does anyone have the freedom (e.g. no large corporation ties) to call some of the larger Scandinavian newspapers? It is summer time, I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them took the bait and wrote a feature on the pissed off passengers of SAS. They seem to like to take a stab at them with regular intervals anyways.

(I am not voluntaring for this one... sorry... )
Old Jun 23, 05, 10:29 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by larsll
Or does anyone have the freedom (e.g. no large corporation ties) to call some of the larger newspapers? It is summer time, I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them took the bait and wrote a feature on the pissed off passengers of SAS. They seem to like to take a stab at them with regular intervals anyways.
Eh, don’t think I want my Chevy Chase on the front of a newspaper... I’m sure the papers will pick up the story though. There’s probably someone at the forum who wants to volunteer

Search this Thread