Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Adding legs after making a *A booking

Old May 17, 2023, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: EB Diamond (SK*G), Accor Platinum

Hello!I am trying to make a booking from VIE-NRT on the day I want, as I couldn't find any flights for the CPH-VIE or ARN-VIE routes...

Is it possible to book VIE-NRT first and later call SAS to add the connecting legs, or should I call to do all these things together? (I believe there is no fee for diamond members.)

I can call later when I find the CPH-VIE leg, which will surely show up, but I am worried that someone else might take the NRT leg as it is quite popular.
Old May 17, 2023, 5:59 am

From my past experience with trying to combine non-award tickets, airlines generally will not combine reservations, but link up the PNRs so they are lined up and the connection.
Old May 17, 2023, 6:11 am
Original Poster

I got your point (like when you have two separate bookings) but I am talking about *A award bookings - booking VIE-NRT first and add CPH-VIE later to the same booking (so kind of rebooking), without cancelling VIE-NRT.
Old May 17, 2023, 9:34 pm

I have not had success when trying to modify bookings (revenue or points) to add legs. The agents always say you have to rebook, and canceling the award flight (with the intention of rebooking it) could mean that it will no longer be available.
Old May 21, 2023, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by LaziestRaccoon
Hello!I am trying to make a booking from VIE-NRT on the day I want, as I couldn't find any flights for the CPH-VIE or ARN-VIE routes...

Is it possible to book VIE-NRT first and later call SAS to add the connecting legs, or should I call to do all these things together? (I believe there is no fee for diamond members.)

I can call later when I find the CPH-VIE leg, which will surely show up, but I am worried that someone else might take the NRT leg as it is quite popular.
hei,
It is possible for both ways you mentioned above, I have done for both in my booking.
tips: it maybe hard to find CPH-VIE or ARN-VIE atm, so you should try ARN-FRA-(VIE-NRT) just to make sure that you still can hold VIE-NRT and then you can call in to change again whenever you find a leg that you want (ARN-VIE or CPH-VIE) f.eks
Old May 21, 2023, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Thank you! By the way I found that this 150 SEK for rebooking is also charged for a diamond member... SAS has a lot of ways to take money .
Old May 22, 2023, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
OK. Apparently there are mixed experiences here.

Do report back with your experience when you have contacted SAS EB to add a segment to the already existing VIE-NRT award.

Another solution is to buy a cheap OS ticket, CPH-VIE. If bought in advance, it is very reasonable. I know traveling on 2 separate tickets is not perfect solution but if leave amble time at VIE it should be OK

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.