Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS is looking for a "EUROBONUS ANALYTICS MANAGER"

SAS is looking for a "EUROBONUS ANALYTICS MANAGER"

Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder

I don't think it would necessarily work that way. And if it did work that way, then SAS (and EuroBonus) is already beyond saving.

The advertised position would be a direct report to at least one person who should have a brain to understand what to allow and not allow even in the face of saboteurs or self-dealers as insiders.

There are bigger airlines than SAS which already have had some FTers as loyalty program insiders in comparable or higher positions than this one. Some of that was perhaps part of a "you need to hold your enemies closer than your friends" mentality, but not all of it has been.

As SAS EuroBonus is, I tend to have less use for EuroBonus points than for UA and AV miles. Most of my SAS flights using miles/points are done not using SK points. The only positive aspect I see from SK EuroBonus participation without a high opportunity cost: the shorter-term elite status angle.
I'm sure there are many capable people within FT that could be successful in the role.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 8:27 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Cookoovaya
It was partly a tongue in cheek comment. I can't discount the fact that most of us are biased in regards to the program.
The success of the role for SK's customers is the person's ability to convince the company to start listening to said customers instead of continuing to ignore them and keep going down a path of failure and unhappy customers that take their business elsewhere. There is a long list of trivial improvement SK can make tomorrow to EB that hardly costs anything but which can have a healthy impact on customer satisfaction and loyalty.
nacho likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
The success of the role for SK's customers is the person's ability to convince the company to start listening to said customers instead of continuing to ignore them and keep going down a path of failure and unhappy customers that take their business elsewhere. There is a long list of trivial improvement SK can make tomorrow to EB that hardly costs anything but which can have a healthy impact on customer satisfaction and loyalty.
I agree.

Can you provide some examples of the improvements you would make to the program?
Old Apr 21, 2023, 9:22 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Can you provide some examples of the improvements you would make to the program?
Some things that come to mind.

- Be friendly, humble and professional to your (paying) customers, treat them like adults. I realize this is a 180 of how Scandinavian business's operate but it does go a long way.
- Rollover status points so I can prequalify years in advance (regardless of SAS's financial situation this should have existed decades ago).
- Fix membership and lounge crowding by setting realistic qualifying criteria for Gold, its OK if the requirements go up significantly. In return the higher revenue can improve the quality of the lounge food. There is no point in status benefits if it is to easy to obtain and half the flight has it.
- Make EB Diamond worthwhile obtaining, preferably along the line of Choice Benefits that Delta offers or things like same day standby changes.
- Introduce Life-time Diamond status.
- Fix priority boarding, there should only be 1 group boarding at the time, if you need more groups, add more groups, each EB tier should be in a different group.
- Create an alternative for AMEX 2-4-1 vouchers for travelers not interested in reward tickets.
- Offer SAS giftcards that I can buy with EuroBonus points.
- Points and cash tickets outside of the SAS network on StarAlliance partners.
TPJ and nacho like this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Give EBD a free bag when travelling in Go Light fares - this would make EBD stands out from EBG (or you can do a free checked bags as the choice benefit).
Old Apr 21, 2023, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nacho
I know about UA's cheap LH YQ, so SK doesn't impose that on LH award too? Is it as low as UAMP?
It is not as low as UA, but SK went to a fixed amount per leg some years ago. Which made LH redemptions cashwise a lot cheaper, of course they also yanked up mileage costs at the same time. So probably zero sum game in reality, but people mostly don't count the mileage costs in the equation.
nacho likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 1:17 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
If any one of us were to get this job, we would likely run the program into the ground.
But what a glorious (albeit short) run it would be. First Class Awards for EVERYBODY!

Originally Posted by nacho
Give EBD a free bag when travelling in Go Light fares - this would make EBD stands out from EBG (or you can do a free checked bags as the choice benefit).
Fun fact: When booking an SAS Youth Go Light ticket, the SAS system in the app gets confused and shows two free checked bags for EBD. While I don't think this is the official standpoint, in ZRH they regard SAS Go Light different from SAS Go Light Youth, so I got my free checked bags as EBD on Youth Go Light tickets (n=1)

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Some things that come to mind.

- Be friendly, humble and professional to your (paying) customers, treat them like adults. I realize this is a 180 of how Scandinavian business's operate but it does go a long way.
- Rollover status points so I can prequalify years in advance (regardless of SAS's financial situation this should have existed decades ago).
- Fix membership and lounge crowding by setting realistic qualifying criteria for Gold, its OK if the requirements go up significantly. In return the higher revenue can improve the quality of the lounge food. There is no point in status benefits if it is to easy to obtain and half the flight has it.
- Make EB Diamond worthwhile obtaining, preferably along the line of Choice Benefits that Delta offers or things like same day standby changes.
- Introduce Life-time Diamond status.
- Fix priority boarding, there should only be 1 group boarding at the time, if you need more groups, add more groups, each EB tier should be in a different group.
- Create an alternative for AMEX 2-4-1 vouchers for travelers not interested in reward tickets.
- Offer SAS giftcards that I can buy with EuroBonus points.
- Points and cash tickets outside of the SAS network on StarAlliance partners.
I think there are many good suggestions there.

- My experiences with the SAS Eurobonus Support in the past have been nothing but positive. Never waited for more than 30s when calling and E-Mails are replied within a day (even on weekends!). Even the outsourced call-center have upped their game by now and make quite the professional experience (I might have gotten very lucky with the agents I got).
- I really do hope they don't touch the EBG requirements for another 5 years. How else is a poor student such as I supposed to make it to LTG otherwise?
- The boarding group suggestion is sensible. In ARN on the CPH flights they usually seperate Group A and Group B, which makes for a much more pleasant boarding experience (despite half the plane being EBG+ or seated in Plus). I wish they would do it for all the flights consistently.
- Gift cards to be purchased with EB Points for SAS flights would be very useful and I could see this as my main use for EB points. But I believe there are some regulatory hurdles to jump there to prevent EB points to be regarded as currency.

Also:
- I really wish there were more award flights offers available sometimes. But this seems to be more of a Star Alliance issue.
- Furthermore, when trying to use miles on other airlines to upgrade, thanks to *A limiting upgrade possibilities to the highest booking classes makes this essentially useless (to me at least).
- Bring back the EBD goodie bag, preferably including a scarf similar to the one Pandions get (yes, I haven't forgotten it and I still want one!).
- Some love for EBGs and EBDs from outside of Scandinavia would be nice too
Old Apr 22, 2023, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Fun fact: When booking an SAS Youth Go Light ticket, the SAS system in the app gets confused and shows two free checked bags for EBD. While I don't think this is the official standpoint, in ZRH they regard SAS Go Light different from SAS Go Light Youth, so I got my free checked bags as EBD on Youth Go Light tickets (n=1)
I booked my kids on Go light youth last year TATL, and the system at CPH is what it is supposed to. Even after they have been rebooked on MS due to the strike, they were only allowed 0 checked bags. Fortunately, MS doesn't have the 0+1= 0 logic like LH group so they got 1 checked bag each.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.