Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS restarting CPH-HND in 2023 Discussion Thread

Old Mar 6, 2023, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Insignificant number of points in multiple airlines' frequent flier programs.

The summer schedule is all over the place and changes, seemingly, on a daily basis. I've got flights booked outbound on the 27th July and inbound 20th August. Neither is showing as currently bookable on the website, however in my app both flights are showing as scheduled. I've been watching the site for a week or so now and the situation has changed from being fully available seven days a week, to outbound flights fine but no inbound flight, to neither available. No idea what they're playing at but it doesn't bode well for summer.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Silver
Our flights (July) can no longer be booked for over two weeks now. Nevertheless, these flights are still shown as schedulded in the SAS app. Is it usual that SAS takes so long to rebook customers? What game is being played here?
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ewosel
Our flights (July) can no longer be booked for over two weeks now. Nevertheless, these flights are still shown as schedulded in the SAS app. Is it usual that SAS takes so long to rebook customers? What game is being played here?
What days of the week are you booked?

I think the game of they are not certain they are going to fly at all....
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:22 am

Outbound: Tuesday (from CPH)
Return: Saturday (from HND)

I still hopping that the reduced schedule will stand till July.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Outbound: Tuesday (from CPH)
Return: Saturday (from HND)

I still hopping that the reduced schedule will stand till July.
Saturday from Haneda is part of the reduced schedule, so just the Tuesday to fix. I guess they feel no rush as July is still a bit in the future.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Insignificant number of points in multiple airlines' frequent flier programs.
Mine are the same, outbound on 27th July, Inbound on 20th August. Neither currently bookable but both shown as scheduled in the app. My guess is they'll see how the April flights go, then make a decision on the summer schedule. Maybe they'll introduce some flights for May (nothing currently available) or maybe they'll just cancel the whole lot. Not filling me with a lot of hope for my holiday going ahead, to be honest.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:36 am

But for the prices they actually ask for the July flights they will never fill up the planes.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:39 am
Original Poster

But for the prices they actually ask for the July flights they will never fill up the planes.
Quite possibly. I booked mine at ~£1800pp for business class, so I got a bargain. Only time will tell on what they actually do with the flights.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:55 am

We won't let them spoil our holidays.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: SAS EBG
Originally Posted by DJBenz
Quite possibly. I booked mine at ~£1800pp for business class, so I got a bargain. Only time will tell on what they actually do with the flights.
I'm in the same situation, got a really cheap J fare for July/August, still shows as scheduled.
But with the recent strange behaviour from SAS I am almost starting to regret the purchase.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 11:14 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
SAS service to Tokyo prior to June 1 has been reduced

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/230310-skjp

29MAR23 – 07APR23 3 weekly
11APR23 – 18APR23 4 weekly
20APR23 – 25APR23 2 weekly
01JUN23 – 30SEP23 1 daily
Old Mar 10, 2023, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ty97

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/230310-skjp

At least from booking on the website, June, July and August have also been reduced to 3 weekly.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by malloc
I'm in the same situation, got a really cheap J fare for July/August, still shows as scheduled.
But with the recent strange behaviour from SAS I am almost starting to regret the purchase.
From the other thread about CPH-HND flights:

Originally Posted by ty97

A glimmer of hope. Although on the website it's still only showing 3 flights a week bookable June-Sep so who knows?
Old Mar 11, 2023, 7:30 am

After seeing all these posts on "cheap" Tokyo flights I wondered how cheap it could get.
I guess not many on here fall within the age restrictions, but well... a youth return ticket OSL-HND for April (12th-20th April) is currently priced 3 474 NOK in Go Light.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ballerin
After seeing all these posts on "cheap" Tokyo flights I wondered how cheap it could get.
I guess not many on here fall within the age restrictions, but well... a youth return ticket OSL-HND for April (12th-20th April) is currently priced 3 474 NOK in Go Light.
I'm glad they're seemingly trying to sell tickets now after setting prices at such a level no one would buy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.