Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Rebooking/cancellation fee award tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2023, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBD (*G) & Delta Gold Medallion (STE+)

Hi

Does anyone know how the new fee for changes and cancellations of EuroBonus trips works?

If I cancel a return ticket on one booking will I then be charged one or two times DKK 175. I assume that tickets with a stop does not count twice and that each passenger of course has to pay the fee but I am unsure if it is one fee in each direction or only one fee per booking. The SAS FAQ does not seem to give any answer.
AutismoSupremo likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It is per passenger and booking/PNR.

You don't pay twice because you cancel a return ticket.
Old May 15, 2023, 10:23 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
New Award Tickets - change of return flight.

I have one more question to the new award scheme. If I book an SAS Bonus ticket from China to Europe and I want to change/cancel the return trip after travelling out to Europe, would this now be allowed? Now that the SAS Bonus tickets can also be booked one-way?
Or alternatively - How are the rules if I combine an SAS Bonus on the first leg and an SAS GO Pro (pay with points) on the return flight. Does anybody have experience or knowledge on the matter?
Old May 16, 2023, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can't change a SAS EB award after travel.

Yes, SAS EB ticket can be booked a o/w ticket.

No, you can't combine award ticket with revenue tickets. You need to book o/w award ticket and o/w revenue ticket (which will be more expensive)
Old May 16, 2023, 12:19 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
It is indeed possible to combine award with revenue tickets. I tried it on the website. It is possible, but not sure what rules do apply when the return ticket is a Go Pro Ticket. Could I still cancel or rebook that one after I have used the outward leg?
Old May 17, 2023, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Noted/I stand corrected if true. I would expect the fare rules for your return flight to be applicable regardless if outbound is an award; but no first hand experience.
Old May 24, 2023, 2:59 am

I have tried to change an SK award ticket booked in March not yet used, but I only get a 'blue' screen and nothing happens, tried on several browsers.
Have you the same experince? I'm aware of the new rules from Feb, a fee for changing or cancelling.
Old May 24, 2023, 10:04 am

I think SAS is having IT issues. Some weird limitations yesterday and the main website won’t load at all for me today. Edit: the mobile site and app are both not working for me. But from a desktop PC, flysas.com was operational. Strange, not sure if it’s intermittent?

Last edited by SkOrdBgo; May 24, 2023 at 4:12 pm
Old May 27, 2023, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by SkOrdBgo
I think SAS is having IT issues. Some weird limitations yesterday and the main website won’t load at all for me today. Edit: the mobile site and app are both not working for me. But from a desktop PC, flysas.com was operational. Strange, not sure if it’s intermittent?
Yes, they seem to have a few issues that has been present for some time now, and others intermittent. They appear to do major overhauls currently of their sites and it seems to come with quite a few issues. Usually for me it is related to login and ”my bookings” page, however, switching my account between Business and Personal usually helps.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 4:25 am

I’ve just had a long haul flight for next year cancelled booked via miles.

We were planning on cancelling anyways so not an issue. That said, I assume a) this means I can get a full cash refund on cash component, but b) if I want to rebook, does this open up for any flight? Ie I can get rebooked to the same destination without issues. I know results vary, but we want a different date and ideally direct from OSL. Or is it more than 14 days out, so lost.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
a) this means I can get a full cash refund on cash component,
Yes.

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
b) if I want to rebook, does this open up for any flight? Ie I can get rebooked to the same destination without issues
No, they will only allow you to rebook on flights with open award inventory. Not a chance to get revenue seats. Even within the 14 days window, they usually refuse to rebook into revenue seats. Hell, even for next day, they usually brush you off. In my experience, it only works without problems for same day cancellations where the flight is already under airport control.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who issued the ticket? SAS Eurobonus? You mention "booked via miles"...

You need to contact the issuer of the ticket for rebooking. If this is an Eurobonus award, most likely you will not get rebooked unless there is award availability. Sure, if there is award availability from OSL you can rebook the ticket, i.e. cancel for free and book a new EB award ticket from OSL. If no availability there is zero chance that SAS will rebook into revenue class from OSL or release award seats.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by fassy
Yes.

No, they will only allow you to rebook on flights with open award inventory. Not a chance to get revenue seats. Even within the 14 days window, they usually refuse to rebook into revenue seats. Hell, even for next day, they usually brush you off. In my experience, it only works without problems for same day cancellations where the flight is already under airport control.
Thanks. Cancellations it is.

This was an EB award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.