Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Nick Art is the new SAS moderator

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2023, 4:41 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Once upon a time long long ago, we had a moderator for the SAS forum. It was a good thing for the forum as members were more engaged with each other. He went on to other adventures. We've just recruited Nick Art to join the moderator team. FLYGVA is a moderator of long standing who will be here for a brief while as his training moderator. Please welcome Nick to his new responsibilities.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 4:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Welcome Nick!
Nick Art and gojko88 like this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 5:58 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Thanks for taking up the torch!
Nick Art and gojko88 like this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Welcome to our new guardian of good behaviours. I am sure we will endeavour to keep behaving civilised
Nick Art and nacho like this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 1:47 pm
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
welcome to both Nick and his coach
Nick Art and FLYGVA like this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 5:05 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Thank you very much for the nice messages. They are much appreciated!

I am very glad to be here and I am proud to have been asked to step up as moderator for the SAS forums, which is a place quite dear to me. I think the SAS forums are a very nice and pleasant place to be a moderator in. I aim to do the SAS forums justice and hope to be of service in my new role.

Should you have any questions or inqueries about me, or would you like to voice any concerns, suggestions or ideas for the SAS forums, please feel free to reach out to me!
nacho, Gnopps, Fyfan and 8 others like this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 7:07 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Welcome to the job and the continued posting, Nick Art.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Once upon a time long long ago, we had a moderator for the SAS forum. It was a good thing for the forum as members were more engaged with each other. He went on to other adventures. We've just recruited Nick Art to join the moderator team. FLYGVA is a moderator of long standing who will be here for a brief while as his training moderator. Please welcome Nick to his new responsibilities.
We have previously had two designated moderators for this forum: Bjornstrom and tommy777. The former, with businessclass.se, and the latter, with insideflyer.no, seem to have tapped out this forum as they geared up.

If you need another, I’d consider it still.
SK2751, Nick Art and studentCPH like this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 4:20 pm

Welcome Nick!
Nick Art likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 6:11 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

First, thanks to SanDiego1K for the introduction of Nick Art as new moderator. It is nice to read, that he received a warm welcome by some of the regular posters in this forum. I am sure, he will be a great moderator .

You might also see me around for some time to support your new moderator in the first time. And I also hope to learn something about SAS .

FLYGVA
SanDiego1K and Nick Art like this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 11:21 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Welcome Nick Art and FLYGVA !

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
You might also see me around for some time to support your new moderator in the first time. And I also hope to learn something about SAS
I've been on FT since 2006, in Sweden since 2019, and a EuroBonus Gold (EBG) member since 2022. Here are the five most important things I've observed since then.
  1. Everyone in Scandinavia is EuroBonus Gold or above. (95% of the flight boards in group 1, making the system pointless).
  2. We all agree that ARN, OSL, CPH, EWR and ORD are all tied for the worst SAS Gold Lounge in the network.
  3. We never admit to paying for SAS Plus on short-haul.
  4. We never admit to eating, let alone enjoying, the boxed meals in SAS Plus.
  5. According to SAS network planners, we only go on holiday to Alicante, Malaga, Gran Canaria, Palma, or maybe Miami.
If you can get on board with these important viewpoints, it'll be a doddle supervising us.

SK2751, Nick Art, FLYGVA and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad

I've been on FT since 2006, in Sweden since 2019, and a EuroBonus Gold (EBG) member since 2022. Here are the five most important things I've observed since then.
  1. Everyone in Scandinavia is EuroBonus Gold or above. (95% of the flight boards in group 1, making the system pointless).
  2. We all agree that ARN, OSL, CPH, EWR and ORD are all tied for the worst SAS Gold Lounge in the network.
  5. According to SAS network planners, we only go on holiday to Alicante, Malaga, Gran Canaria, Palma, or maybe Miami.
If you can get on board with these important viewpoints, it'll be a doddle supervising us.

Calling your bluff! I do pay for SH plus once in a while, when a good status point promotion is going. And then I do eat the boxes - I rarely find them distasteful. Perhaps I am too badly employed but they are at a level of my usual lunch in Scandinavia, so just replace lunch. I agree on all the other points! And happy that we have a host here again
Old Mar 27, 2023, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG

Certainly not in Denmark, we don't have free credit cards like Sweden, and corporate travel policy (the companies that Mr worked/works in) does not give them the chance to get the status. Mr is using his status earned privately to make his business trips more bearable.

Thanks Nick Art for taking this job!
Old Mar 27, 2023, 1:40 am

Same here. I earn status privately - then use it on work trips. Anything else is forbidden by corporate policies and a tax crime!
Old Mar 27, 2023, 11:47 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Retro claiming like all the other hypocritical politicians not working?

Much truth, not sure about not admitting to pay for SAS Plus on short haul. You missed SAS mgmt refusing to make improvements that don't come with a cost or investment and believing we're all vegetarians or worse so the lounges have no normal food.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 6:24 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)

Originally Posted by SK2751
Calling your bluff! I do pay for SH plus once in a while, when a good status point promotion is going. And then I do eat the boxes - I rarely find them distasteful. Perhaps I am too badly employed but they are at a level of my usual lunch in Scandinavia, so just replace lunch. I agree on all the other points! And happy that we have a host here again
I too shall join in these confessions:

1. I too have thought at times that everybody and their dog is silver or above, but this has only been the case since I've achieved the status myself, so perhaps we are looking at this with a biased perspective. Especially when boarding group A and B are boarded together, it feels as if the majority of the plane has already boarded. (Recently on an ARN-CPH flight they boarded A and B seperately and it was quite pleasant as group A only includes EBG, EBD, EBP and *G. On the other hand on my morning flight to ARN from CPH yesterday, I decided to only leave the lounge at boarding time since everybody boards in the first group anyway, but was pleasantly surprised to find the gate (5 min after boarding began, although they might have started early) empty and there weren't even people waiting on the jet bridge anymore.

2. Slight nitpik, but since SAS does not maintain a Gold lounge at EWR or ORD I would argue that they are either the worst or perhaps the best? Regarding ranking the lounges, they all have their advantages and disadvantages. OSL and CPH usually have the best food (including a non-veggetarian option I am sureFlyingMoos will be pleased to hear). CPH has the best couches and seats (My go-to place is right next to the entrance where you have the small living room like private space (I now know the channel number of the most important news channels on the TV). ARN has the best views and the curry chicken soup is actually quite decent at times. So for me it might really be a tie, so I do tend to agree on this point.

3. I have yet another confession to make: Until this year I would usually always buy SAS Plus tickets on my European travels. But since achieving EBD (free drinks! ) and realising how cheap and readily available youth tickets are, most of my travel has now shifted to those, because paying 5x-10x the amount just to receive marginally more miles is not worth it imho. If there is a really good price in Plus I might still book it though!

4. And one more just for good measure: I enjoy the salmon meal the most and I would even go as far to say that it is quite enjoyable.

5. To this day I am still annoyed that SK offers better frequencies and connections to some of these vacation destinations than to ZRH.

I would add the following to point 5.:

5.a. The logic of some of the operational and network planning aspects of SK still evades me to this day. (Same holds true for some of their pricing patterns).
SK2751 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.