Possible FA strike in Norway

Old Nov 28, 2022, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*Gold
Possible FA strike in Norway

Just read an article that the Norwegian FAs can go on strike soon. According to the article, they have a meeting today and then they will go to arbitration if there is no agreement. If arbitration doesn't work, then there will be a major strike.

Can anyone guess when a possible strike may occur? I have overlapping award tickets to Tenerife with departures Dec. 4 and 11. Haven't decided which I'll use. I don't mind being stranded there for a few days because of a strike, but I don't want to book non refundable accommodation there and lose it because I can't fly there.

Article, in Norwegian:
https://frifagbevegelse.no/nyheter/p...049.596c77e69a
AutismoSupremo likes this.

Last edited by Amexpat; Nov 28, 2022 at 3:18 am
Old Nov 28, 2022, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Amexpat
Just read an article that the Norwegian FAs can go on strike soon. According to the article, they have a meeting today and then they will go to arbitration if there is no agreement. If arbitration doesn't work, then there will be a major strike.

Can anyone guess when a possible strike may occur? I have overlapping award tickets to Tenerife with departures Dec. 4 and 11. Haven't decided which I'll use. I don't mind being stranded there for a few days because of a strike, but I don't want to book non refundable accommodation there and lose it because I can't fly there.

Article, in Norwegian:
https://frifagbevegelse.no/nyheter/p...049.596c77e69a
Last attempt on negotiations apparently starts today. There is no indication of how long they can run. But if they fail it will head into arbitration before there can be a strike. There are no direct rules for how long the arbitration can run. My best guess would be we are at least a couple of weeks away before there will be a strike.
Amexpat likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Brilliant, another genius attempt by the unions to kill off their source of income
Old Nov 29, 2022, 3:06 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Unbelievable we still permit unions in 2022, especially in a rich and developed country like Norway. Disgusting!
Old Nov 29, 2022, 6:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Unbelievable we still permit unions in 2022, especially in a rich and developed country like Norway. Disgusting!
Freedom of association for employees + democracy in action ≠ disgusting.

If the public in a developed country like Norway wants to ban unions, then eventually it can be done.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
That was a brief threat of strike. An agreement has been reached....

https://www.sasgroup.net/newsroom/pr...ngene-i-norge/
AutismoSupremo likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That was a brief threat of strike. An agreement has been reached....

https://www.sasgroup.net/newsroom/pr...ngene-i-norge/
This agreement goes to March, 2024. SAS had pushed real hard to make a long term deal with the pilots. I wonder why it was not important with the FAs.

Next up will be the agreement for the Danish and Swedish FAs in March 2023. Dealing with unions in 3 countries makes for never ending strike threats. Good news is that SAS will be strike free during the winter holidays.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Amexpat
This agreement goes to March, 2024. SAS had pushed real hard to make a long term deal with the pilots. I wonder why it was not important with the FAs.
FA compensation already very low and hard for SAS to make big gains there. I actually think SAS will have a challenge in filling the FA positions, because it is low income with unpredictable schedules. Theyll probably backfill with Link and Connect.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.