Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

using pluspoints for SAS upgrades

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2022, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Gold

I saw that SAS is on the list of airlines that can use pluspoints for upgrades, but the united website mentions classes Y and B, which I don't believe correlate to any of the fare types I see on SAS (I see H, P, T). Has anyone used pluspoints for a SAS upgrade?
Old Nov 25, 2022, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by tomli777
I saw that SAS is on the list of airlines that can use pluspoints for upgrades, but the united website mentions classes Y and B, which I don't believe correlate to any of the fare types I see on SAS (I see H, P, T). Has anyone used pluspoints for a SAS upgrade?
Y is a premium economy fare, rather pricey. B is also a PY fare, more mid range fare.

I assume you are looking at long haul. Short haul is a bit more of a mess booking class wise, but probably not worth using Plus Points for.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by tomli777
You should ask a mod to move this thread to the United Airlines (UA) subforum, where can get specific feedback on upgrade using PlusPoints.

For starter, the ticket would have to be plated on 016 (UA) stock.

Could be wrong, but don't believe SAS codeshares with United on its long haul flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.