Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Hello “Journeys That Matter” bye “We are Travelers”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hello “Journeys That Matter” bye “We are Travelers”

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2022, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by nussle
To be honest I was being Maliciously compliant to prove a point, but I was also following the rules. I enjoyed my 19 hour flight to barcelona and have never been asked to comply again. I will always try to find the most cost logical flight but sometimes you have to make a stand against stupidity and this was one of those times. I tried to book a 72 hour flight to Milwaukee and this was agreed to be the end of the subject.

While I dont know Nacho situation I suggest that perhaps sometimes you have to play the companies at their own games although it can also be a case of "pick your battles"
The problem is that Mr's boss will have to approve his travel itinerary because the budget is coming from the boss (Mr did it to his employees too and he had to give a verbal warning to one who did her ESTA visa from an unofficial page - that was from a supposedly generous Biotech firm), if there's a direct flight that costs less than the cheapest flight + layover hotel, his boss will challenge him for it. Mr said one of his ex-colleagues who milked too much from corporate travel was fired in the very first round of corporate re-organization.

These are companies in Denmark.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 5:25 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nussle
Just follow the rules, ours tried the same so I took the cheapest as they said. 19 hours from ARN to Barcelona. I charged them for the travel hours too.

I stayed in a nice hotel near the airport on the stopover and the taxi to and from.

Always follow the rules.
I remember some people taken to task by accounting types in their US offices just because they traveled for work trips using youth tickets that were priced 50-80% lower than the regular fares.

The larger the organization and the more “professional” the management, the less well they can accept actions that reflect thinking outside the box. Unfortunately, shrinking an organization is unlikely to make for more room for such thinking, and so my bet is that the odds are such that SAS will be out of luck even after SAS’s played out this US bankruptcy card.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I remember some people taken to task by accounting types in their US offices just because they traveled for work trips using youth tickets that were priced 50-80% lower than the regular fares.
Ah yes, Scandinavia where adults in their late twenties are 'youth'.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Ah yes, Scandinavia where adults in their late twenties are 'youth'.
It was in the US where some US legacy major airlines would sell “youth” fare tickets under the condition that the travelers on such tickets had to be no older than in their mid-20s at the time of travel. Even 24, 25 or 26 year old adults were considered eligible for some US airlines’ youth fares during the Bush-Cheney Admin years; and that wasn’t new even then, as this was around with one or more legacy major even going back to at least the Bush-Quayle Admin years.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 1:24 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It was in the US where some US legacy major airlines would sell “youth” fare tickets under the condition that the travelers on such tickets had to be no older than in their mid-20s at the time of travel. Even 24, 25 or 26 year old adults were considered eligible for some US airlines’ youth fares during the Bush-Cheney Admin years; and that wasn’t new even then, as this was around with one or more legacy major even going back to at least the Bush-Quayle Admin years.
26 years is the standard cutoff for youth discounts in Europe. Of course it varies a little by the company, but 26 is the most common and not unusual at all.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 2:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
INF/CHD/YTH etc all have defined limits as per IATA. Most airlines have jettisoned all that and offer regular fares for most who need a seat. Besides the YTH fares (which I use regularly for my kids nowadays that they are 12+) the other exotic thing was senior+child on AY and KF (some sort of 25%+50% off for grandparents travelling with kids) and 50% for students going home on AI/9W in India (used it each time I flew inside India in my college days).
GUWonder likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.