Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

TSA Pre-Check & Global Entry with SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2014, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat

Is it possible to use TSA Pre-Check on SK flights? I'm a member of Global Entry, so I have a Known Traveler Number, when I fly on various airlines, I just enter that during the OLCI process and my boarding pass is printed with Pre-Check on it (which is then scanned at the pre-check line to verify pre-check enrollment).

As I recall, the last time I flew SK, there was no such option in the OLCI process, nor an option to add this in my itinerary. Note this is different from a TSA Redress Number.

I'm suspecting the answer is no, especially since this would require changes on SK's IT side, but I figured I might as well ask in case I just overlooked it.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Currently the system is restricted to US based airlines.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

I went to look up my reservation on SK's site, and enter my passenger information (passport, etc) for it. On that page, it does allow entry of a Known Traveler Number. This wasn't during OLCI (which is too early to try), but just looking up my reservation and entering in my other data.

Does that mean SK is preparing for Pre-Check, on the assumption TSA will eventually allow non-US airlines to join the program.. or is this number being asked for other reasons instead? My Known Traveler Number comes from my Global Entry card, so maybe they just pass that on for easier Global Entry use?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:42 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Please let us know if you get PreCheck. We too are Global Entry and would like to have that available to us when we fly SFO - CPH soon.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:03 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jfidler
I went to look up my reservation on SK's site, and enter my passenger information (passport, etc) for it. On that page, it does allow entry of a Known Traveler Number. This wasn't during OLCI (which is too early to try), but just looking up my reservation and entering in my other data.

Does that mean SK is preparing for Pre-Check, on the assumption TSA will eventually allow non-US airlines to join the program.. or is this number being asked for other reasons instead? My Known Traveler Number comes from my Global Entry card, so maybe they just pass that on for easier Global Entry use?
Global Entry works the same whether or not the KTN field is filled in with a PASSID or not.

That a KTN field is being displayed at time of booking or after booking is far removed from an airline being close to PreCheck participating.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:06 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by DebitNM
Please let us know if you get PreCheck. We too are Global Entry and would like to have that available to us when we fly SFO - CPH soon.
It doesn't pop up and work for LH or SK flights out of the US. If getting LLL PreCheck screening is of interest, you would have to use a US airline boarding pass for a US-operated flight -- refundable or changeable ticket game for US carrier flights has worked before.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 1:47 am
Original Poster

No luck on Pre-Check, despite having my Known Traveler Number in the SK reservation. I had them scan my boarding pass at IAD and it rejected me. On the plus side, the lines in the normal IAD line were pretty short anyway yesterday afternoon.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:32 pm

I assume nothing has changed in the last two years, i.e., there's still no tsa precheck for SAS flights (out of LAX)?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 2:08 pm

Now,more than ever,anyone will "randomly" get a tsa-pre mark on their boarding card.
If you do,use the tsa-pre check line.
If you not,then more and more often,you will be "guided" to move over and go use the "pre-tsa" line when your in the regular line.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 2:22 pm
BCC

Programs: Eurobonus Gold
Pre Check will work if you are flying from Scandinavia and connecting in the USA with United. You will have to have your boarding card reprinted at a Kiosk once you clear customs and are heading to the connecting gate. I have done this many times. It will also let you know what group you with for your flight.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by BCC
Pre Check will work if you are flying from Scandinavia and connecting in the USA with United. You will have to have your boarding card reprinted at a Kiosk once you clear customs and are heading to the connecting gate. I have done this many times. It will also let you know what group you with for your flight.
But will it work starting from LAX flying out of Tom Bradley on SAS to ARN?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:24 pm
BCC

Programs: Eurobonus Gold
Originally Posted by esdot
No it won't. If you have Gold (Diamond) Status on SAS, they should give you priority screening (Not PRE TSA). I have been through it at O'Hare Terminal 5 going to Stockholm. This just started in the last year or so.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Currently the only foreign airlines is AC.

Even in the other scenario the person would get precheck when connecting to a domestic airline and only if they reprint their boarding pass (if they're selected to have it at all).
Originally Posted by esdot
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Currently the only foreign airlines is AC.

Even in the other scenario the person would get precheck when connecting to a domestic airline and only if they reprint their boarding pass (if they're selected to have it at all).
WS also participates in Pre-Check.

In addition to needing to reprint your UA boarding pass at a kiosk post-Customs, you will need to have entered your KTN in your UA PNR (preferably in advance) or be crediting to MP.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:52 pm

Thanks. I guess I'll have to take my shoes off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.