Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS strike from 4 July 2022 [and related Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS strike from 4 July 2022 [and related Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by poshul
I think it's worthwhile if it leads to a judgement that establishes clarity on what counts as extraordinary cases for airlines I think its a worthwhile use of my time.
Sure, go ahead. Your time, your money. But you should not expect “judgement that establishes clarity on what counts as extraordinary cases for airlines”… has been done many many times… even though the rules are pretty clear, airlines still just refuse to obey. And for every new case, you have to start over.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
A friend of mine is booked on an SAS Connect flight next week OSL-ALC. This morning she received notice that this flight was cancelled, and she was rebooked on the “regular” SAS flight leaving an hour earlier. Could it be an IT glitch?
Old Jul 8, 2022, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by fassy
Which one? I had pretty good experience with some of them. Anyway, I only use them after I tried myself and the airline pushed back 2 times while I think they have an obligation to pay up.
airhelp.com. Just checked - after 3 months of SAS not responding, they changed their tune and told me that "my flight was disrupted by bad weather" and that bad weather is not subject to compensation. I know for a fact that the flight was not canceled due to weather, but exactly how I can prove otherwise - no idea. I mean, airline says it's "weather" presumably, so that's what it is.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I got cancelled and then rebooked on Swiss from Newark to Copenhagen via Zurich. One day later than what I had, and the return still on SAS. I don't care to take this trip at all and have cancelled my positioning flight and all three hotels. AMEX says that SAS has taken over my reservation and that I need to go to their website and request the refund. SAS's website tells me that I can't make any changes or cancel the flight; if I used a travel agent (AMEX), call them.

I'd like to start the process of getting my refund; any suggestions how to expedite that process?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:34 pm

Question Pilot strike: Bizarre email from SAS about flight rebookings

I just received this bizarre email from SAS.
How is a free rebooking to another SAS flight going to help if all SAS flights are canceled?
What am I missing here?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kiteloop
I just received this bizarre email from SAS.
How is a free rebooking to another SAS flight going to help if all SAS flights are canceled?
What am I missing here?
Not all SAS flights are cancelled by the strike. The strike is causing a very large proportion of the SAS flights to be cancelled, but there are some SAS units whose flights/routes continue to operate with much fewer strike-related disruptions since their pilots aren’t on strike.

They may also be willing to book onto other flights, but it’s sort of a YMMV situation depending on the specifics.
Tomas E likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
They probably hope you will fly next month, or something.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by ffay005
They probably hope you will fly next month, or something.
This. The idea is that if your trip isn't essential and you can rebook for better days, they'll let you do so.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:55 pm

I booked through Chase Travel which uses Expedia. My return flight from Copenhagen to LAX is on July 13 and Expedia told me that they can not rebook me on different airlines because SAS does not allow that.
SAS sent me an email saying that my flight might be impacted and that I have to call the travel agency if I booked my ticket through an agency.

What will happen if SAS cancels my flight? Expedia customer service seems to be useless.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 4:01 pm
Suspended

If I were in or around CPH and it were I in that situation, I would go to the airport and have SAS rebook me.

The telephone runaround I dislike more than stopping at CPH.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
If I were in or around CPH and it were I in that situation, I would go to the airport and have SAS rebook me.

The telephone runaround I dislike more than stopping at CPH.
Will that work even if I booked my flight through a travel agency? I will be staying at the airport hotel and it will be easy for me just to go directly to talk to SAS staff at CPH but I am not sure if they will help me given that my ticket was booked through a travel agency.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyerbell
Will that work even if I booked my flight through a travel agency? I will be staying at the airport hotel and it will be easy for me just to go directly to talk to SAS staff at CPH but I am not sure if they will help me given that my ticket was booked through a travel agency.
It’s worked for me for years with SAS. Had to do this also a few times on the return portion for some Chase UR-redemption bookings for SAS flights when SAS liquidated a bunch of flights from the schedule or had IRROPS during 2020. The Chase-affiliated travel agency ones in 2020 were for tickets that were partially used before I showed up at CPH to get them to rebook the trips.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
They managed to fly most of the charter tour guests home over the weekend, despite the ongoing strike. But as expected, no new departures.

https://check-in.dk/sas-aflyser-76-charterflyvninger/
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
Strange but happy news from Oregon. Although flysas.com recognised their Expedia booking as having been made by a travel agent (“Unfortunately, you can't cancel or rebook this booking online. If you booked via a travel agent, tour operator or other airline, we recommend that you contact them directly”) SAS automatically rebooked my family onto a new itinerary with Alaska Airlines PDX-LAX and then Finnair LAX-ARN. Expedia were completely clueless, unaware that the change had been made. So anyone have booked with an Online Travel Agentthere is a chance that a SAS will handle the rebooking.
I booked through chase travel ultimate rewards which is basically Expedia. I called chase travel today and told me they can't rebook me on another airline. I hope SAS automatically rebooks me. This is my return flight from CPH to LAX. My other option is to just show up at the airport and try to get SAS staff to rebook me. Expedia customer service is useless.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
And I want to have SAS cancel my rebooking and give me a refund. Hold times today: 275 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.