Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS strike from 4 July 2022 [and related Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS strike from 4 July 2022 [and related Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 11:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH offered to take all the A330/359 and operate them for SAS some years ago (2019?). That of course was insulting for SAS
They wanted a blitzkrieg acquisition of the prime assets without the people then? That would be from the company that wanted SAS out of the TATL picture because SAS wasn’t in bed with them on German government-backed price-fixing.
livious likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 11:44 am

Are people with flights this week getting successfully rebooked? Or just refunded? And how were you notified in either event?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by ucla95
Are people with flights this week getting successfully rebooked? Or just refunded? And how were you notified in either event?
Flight was cancelled today and our email said they searched for the next 3 weeks without finding availability. The email asked us to search ourselves and call if we found availability. Found award availability on LHR-ORD (had C class CPH-ORD) and waited 90min to talk to an agent. She eventually found it after denying it was there, then asked me to go on hold while she looking into the CPH-LHR segment. Waited 30 min, then received another call on the same phone from SAS DK but didn't click over...call ended by SAS after 10 min. Flight showed up in the booking in the app and website, but then gone. I don't think they can handle rebookings even when you spoon feed them. I know they are stressed, but simply take me off hold and tell me...don't call from a separate number. Just miserable. Now we can sit on hold and try again.

My guess is that someone is telling them not to rebook certain tickets. We had the same this morning, booked on AC via Toronto. All in the app, then gone and the agent says are ticket is lost.

Edit: after another 2 hours we are booked. Had to find all the award space for SAS, so we now have a 30+ hour flight to ORD via WAW and LHR (overnight). Problem was the staff didn't realize that we needed to pay the *A booking fee as we just were booked on SAS before, so we had to pay up the 450kr plus airport fees. This explains why they could not complete the earlier bookings, but rather silly as the money was not the issue. Really had to push the staff to look, but they were willing if we gave them flight numbers and dates.

Edit #2: Booking was eventually completed without the *A booking fee, so it must have been the airport taxes that cause the earlier problems.

Last edited by livious; Jul 6, 2022 at 4:45 am
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Are most SAS contact center/ticketing staff in Scandinavia categorized as SAS employees? While they probably have less at stake to lose under this international legal game than Scandinavian FAs, pilots, technicians/maintenance, are they too possibly going to strike?
livious likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
We are flying ARN-CPH-FAO on the 14th. As a precaution we have booked fully refundable tickets on Eurowings to get us to Faro which were more expensive and less convenient. If our SAS flight is indeed cancelled, do we wait for them to rebook, or offer up that we've made backup plans? Would they refund the original flight and pay the new fare, or would they just provide the refund of the original amount and then we'd file EU621 on top of that?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by cpworld
We are flying ARN-CPH-FAO on the 14th. As a precaution we have booked fully refundable tickets on Eurowings to get us to Faro which were more expensive and less convenient. If our SAS flight is indeed cancelled, do we wait for them to rebook, or offer up that we've made backup plans? Would they refund the original flight and pay the new fare, or would they just provide the refund of the original amount and then we'd file EU621 on top of that?
If you select refund as the option, they will refund your original fare, plus they would need to pay up the EU261 comp. If you choose reroute, you may be able to convince them to cover what you found, unless they can find something cheaper. You'd still be owed EU261.
jerry_greece likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If you select refund as the option, they will refund your original fare, plus they would need to pay up the EU261 comp. If you choose reroute, you may be able to convince them to cover what you found, unless they can find something cheaper. You'd still be owed EU261.
EU261 is a separate process though, correct? Filed later?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by cpworld
EU261 is a separate process though, correct? Filed later?
It is a separate thing.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 6:44 pm
O62

Originally Posted by livious
Flight was cancelled today and our email said they searched for the next 3 weeks without finding availability. The email asked us to search ourselves and call if we found availability. Found award availability on LHR-ORD (had C class CPH-ORD) and waited 90min to talk to an agent. She eventually found it after denying it was there, then asked me to go on hold while she looking into the CPH-LHR segment. Waited 30 min, then received another call on the same phone from SAS DK but didn't click over...call ended by SAS after 10 min. Flight showed up in the booking in the app and website, but then gone. I don't think they can handle rebookings even when you spoon feed them. I know they are stressed, but simply take me off hold and tell me...don't call from a separate number. Just miserable. Now we can sit on hold and try again.

My guess is that someone is telling them not to rebook certain tickets. We had the same this morning, booked on AC via Toronto. All in the app, then gone and the agent says are ticket is lost.

Edit: after another 2 hours we are booked. Had to find all the award space for SAS, so we now have a 30+ hour flight to ORD via WAW and LHR (overnight). Problem was the staff didn't realize that we needed to pay the *A booking fee as we just were booked on SAS before, so we had to pay up the 450kr plus airport fees. This explains why they could not complete the earlier bookings, but rather silly as the money was not the issue. Really had to push the staff to look, but they were willing if we gave them flight numbers and dates.
Was this an SAS award? Surprised they would demand there be award space on a close in cancellation.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 9:38 pm

My flight was canceled this morning (6 July); original flight was ORD-CPH-BCN on 7 July. Auto-rebooked on British Airways ORD-LHR-BCN at around the same time. I called and waited on hold for 1 hr (with the option for an auto callback which I didn’t accept), and was rebooked on LH via MUC in about 10 minutes. This was for a revenue flight. all good, except for the long wait time to speak to someone, but that can be expected as they the CS agents are probably getting slammed.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 10:30 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by O62
Was this an SAS award? Surprised they would demand there be award space on a close in cancellation.
It started as a SAS award CPH-ORD but ended as a Star Alliance award CPH-WAW-LHR (stopover) LHR-ORD. The problem was that the first two phone agents didn't realize the *A booking fee (450kr) and airport taxes needed to be paid, otherwise they could have had us booked much earlier and with a less complicated route.

As of last night, there was still 5 C class seats LHR-ORD for anyone desperate enough to get to ORD.

Last edited by livious; Jul 6, 2022 at 4:41 am
Old Jul 5, 2022, 11:23 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Just boarded SK500 LHR-CPH and this A320neo only has ~40 passengers on board.

Are loads always this low or is this due to strike related cancellations?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 11:37 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by O62
This was already a challenge in June when they cancelled a flight and they "didn't see" availability for that day. There was clearly availability for cash tickets on their own metal and after a long time discussing on the phone they finally put me on the flight on the same day.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by ucla95
I heard of one rebooking this week, North America to Scandinavia now going via Istanbul.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 1:00 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
It appears SAS flights to the US were cancelled sooner this morning (8:45) for tomorrow than yesterday (9:45) for today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.