Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS strike from 4 July 2022 [and related Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS strike from 4 July 2022 [and related Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
I would expect it will take a couple of months for them to get back to you given there has been a strike ongoing for almost 14 days now, with many thousands of passengers in similar positions. Even prior to this strike, handling times for claims with SAS have unfortunately been quite long.
Hmm. I hoped I was quite early in the queue with my claim going in on the 5th.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Gold, former AA Platinum
A random q for those of you have been rebooked -does that message come via email and SMS? I’m not receiving SMSes at the moment so nervous I’m missing it.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by fatesandfuries
A random q for those of you have been rebooked -does that message come via email and SMS? I’m not receiving SMSes at the moment so nervous I’m missing it.
FWIW my family booked through Expedia but received no SMS, just emails. The first and only rebooking email was completely plain-text, no formatting or preface: just a booking confirmation.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
FWIW my family booked through Expedia but received no SMS, just emails. The first and only rebooking email was completely plain-text, no formatting or preface: just a booking confirmation.
Very helpful - thanks! I also booked through a third party (Chase) so hoping this is the case. Im at the edge of my seat waiting for this email and I hope it comes!
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXP
I got a flight cancellation email at about 6 am EST, followed about 6 hours later by a rebooking email. Instead of EWR-OSL-ARN on 7/18, it's now EWR-ZRH-ARN on 7/19. Combination of United and Swiss.
New day, new attempt to contact SAS on the phone. Been on hold for almost 4 hours since 9.15 am this morning. I called Priceline, but they were no help getting it changed.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:23 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
The parties have now negotiated non-stop for 37 hours, and have taken a break until tomorrow (Monday). So no resolution yet.
ucla95 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Dennis88
I flew BER-CPH today, ... so upon arrival went to the transfer desk in Copenhagen.
Originally Posted by 31570324
Just noticed that our first leg to CPH is operated by Xfly, which will likely not be cancelled. So we can go to CPH Transfer Desk and let find them a solution
Is it wise to proceed to CPH if your onward flight is cancelled?

If you're flying AAA-CPH-CCC it seems better to try to get rerouted AAA-BBB-CCC and avoid CPH altogether, since I assume ex-CPH on non-SAS airlines are flooded right now with stranded SAS passengers and also CPH-originating passengers who are booking away from SAS.

This is not an academic question as I have a subsidiary flight to CPH connecting to mainline TATL in a few days. My plan had been to wait at my origin and get rerouted through FRA or something, not fly to CPH and get stuck.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 12:12 pm

Have a ticket w three legs, SAS just cancelled leg 2 and auto-rebooked me tomorrow on a ridiculous itinerary. I got myself a non-stop on another airline for leg 2 today. So Q is - I will of course no-show on the new SAS leg 2 tmrw, will that put leg 3 in jeopardy? I cannot cancel leg 2 online and my travel agent (Chase) says only SAS can cancel, they lost control of my record when SAS auto-rebooked. Chase are the ones who said my leg 3 (in a week) might be jeopardized when I don’t take leg 2. Thoughts? Should I be concerned?
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:45 am

Currently at the SAS service point in CPH. They’re turning away anyone who did not book directly through SAS, and are saying rebooking can take up to 72 hours
weero likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 2:43 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Currently at the SAS service point in CPH. They’re turning away anyone who did not book directly through SAS, and are saying rebooking can take up to 72 hours
I hope they're still handing out treats given you're hanging around for that long.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by threeoh
Is it wise to proceed to CPH if your onward flight is cancelled?

If you're flying AAA-CPH-CCC it seems better to try to get rerouted AAA-BBB-CCC and avoid CPH altogether, since I assume ex-CPH on non-SAS airlines are flooded right now with stranded SAS passengers and also CPH-originating passengers who are booking away from SAS.
My first choice will be to call them after getting the cancellation notice and try to get rebooked on KLM via AMS or using the first leg of my SK ticket to CPH and then flying DY from their via OSL to TOS. If I can't reach them by phone, I will use the first leg to CPH (if they don't cancel the whole ticket) and try my luck at the Transfer Desk there. I guess it's more likely that they will find a solution for stranded passengers than for passengers that are still at home and just want to start their vacation, as they are responsible for accomodation and food. In the unlikely event that they will not help me at all, I can still go home by train from CPH.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by vanillabean
I hope they're still handing out treats given you're hanging around for that long.
Just cartons of waters at this pint - ha. We managed to get rebooked on a BA flight through LHR on Wednesday after a 1 hour wait to talk to someone. I’m glad to have a flight home since we have a toddler with us and we can make the most of 2 extra days in CPH.

But I watched multiple people get turned away because they booked through credit cards and travel agencies. The manager had no empathy. 😳
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:10 am

But I watched multiple people get turned away because they booked through credit cards and travel agencies. The manager had no empathy. 😳
The problem with this attitude is that OTA seem to have very little information about the strike or what to do. All Expedia could offer our family was a rebooking on SAS at a later date.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:28 am

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Actually the only 2 choices ALL travel agencies were given was either rerouting to SK marketed/operated flights or a refund..
as per sassalesinfo.com rerouting to other airlines cannot be done by agencies and must be done by SK only..
Old Jul 18, 2022, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by swaigiux
Actually the only 2 choices ALL travel agencies were given was either rerouting to SK marketed/operated flights or a refund..
as per sassalesinfo.com rerouting to other airlines cannot be done by agencies and must be done by SK only..
So passegers who booked via a travel agent were deliberately disadvantaged by SAS in the strike? If you booked with SAS, you could potentially be rebooked on any airline, but if you booked with an OTA you couldn't?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.