Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Is ARN-T4 re-opening on 15 June as scheduled?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is ARN-T4 re-opening on 15 June as scheduled?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:05 am

Programs: LH HON
Any data points for queues on weekday around 5am ish?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:07 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ckx2
I've had a hotel room with a view of SkyCity tonight and there was a massive queue to enter the terminal today around 4:40 AM, but security was coping well (waiting times up to 10 minutes).

​​​​​​
ckx2 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:26 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by the810
I've had a hotel room with a view of SkyCity tonight and there was a massive queue to enter the terminal today around 4:40 AM, but security was coping well (waiting times up to 10 minutes).

​​
How quickly was that queue moving? It should be a very simple process to check someone's BP / Eticket and wave them through.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:37 am

Guess I'll line up at 430 for my 720 flight if that's not too late already lol.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by ckx2
Unofficial data points with graphs from the past couple of weeks can be found at airportsecurity.se
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by andrew3000
Unofficial data points with graphs from the past couple of weeks can be found at airportsecurity.se
Problem is, the security control is not the bottleneck anymore, but the goons allowing entry into the terminal seem to be.

How long does it take to actually pass the entry check? And why does it take so long when it should be an easy one second per customer?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ffay005
How quickly was that queue moving? It should be a very simple process to check someone's BP / Eticket and wave them through.
I wasn't watching it long enough to say how fast it moves. But given that the queue even formed suggests it doesn't go as fast as we might hope.

There seem to be two problems: 1. People who don't expect the check and only start pulling out their itineraries / BP when they get to the guard. 2. People arguing with guards.

Regarding #1, I've seen some guards only asking people what time they fly and not asking for any proof.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:21 am

Programs: UA *G MM
How are the queues from the departures drop-off to get into the terminal?

It must be ages or decades since I took the bus but don't you arrive at arrivals and then take the escalator up? Are they guarding that access point? When I get picked up at ARN, I always get picked up at departures so walk down and take the escalator up into the "old" check-in area and then exit to the street.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:11 am

Programs: Eurobonus, Iberia Plus
Originally Posted by gnaget
How are the queues from the departures drop-off to get into the terminal?

It must be ages or decades since I took the bus but don't you arrive at arrivals and then take the escalator up? Are they guarding that access point? When I get picked up at ARN, I always get picked up at departures so walk down and take the escalator up into the "old" check-in area and then exit to the street.
The area directly outside T5 is a building site since quite some time. Buses stop outside T4.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:33 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by Tomas E
The area directly outside T5 is a building site since quite some time. Buses stop outside T4.
I have been away for 3 years....... So where does one get dropped off these days?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 9:25 pm

So most of the "queue" is made up from pax arriving more than 3hrs prior to their flight, which is the cut off line to get into the terminal. T5D security was approx 25-30 minutes with fast track being 1 minute wait time. Easy.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Courteous reminder that this thread is about T4, not security delays or arrival times…

Swedavia has said that it is initially Ryanair that's moving to T4 when it reopens. (But we'll have to see what happens with non-Schengen Ryanair flights, because AFAIK there is no border check at T4.) At the same time, T4 effectively becomes a pier (C) of T5 since the airside connection walkway is supposed to be finished.
  • Ryanair passengers travelling with Non Schengen flights use the connecting walkway to Terminal 5 after they have completed check in and security at Terminal 4.
  • Airside, there are no signs referring to Terminal 4, the term used is gate area C30-44.
  • Gate area C30-44 handles Schengen flights and domestic flights. Also other airlines with the right aircraft types for these stands will be allocated to this gate area.

This is the view of the new connection corridor from the Terminal 5 end. (Exit to baggage is behind me, escalators up to gate 11 to my right). There are travelators.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Cool. So you walk under the skycity. They must have added the section as the baggage transfer system is on the other side of the wall (left of the picture). Or at least it was there when we did a tour of ARN in 2004.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.