Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Collective agreement for the pilots being negotiated

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Collective agreement for the pilots being negotiated

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 11:49 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I don’t remember the last time I heard the term lockout in a Scandinavian setting.

https://www.expressen.se/ekonomi/sas...ut-pa-arlanda/
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by vanillabean
I don’t remember the last time I heard the term lockout in a Scandinavian setting.

https://www.expressen.se/ekonomi/sas...ut-pa-arlanda/
In Denmark last time the teachers were on strike, and I think when the "břrnehave pćdagoger" were on strike. Within 5-6 years I'd say. (not sure what the correct English word is for the second group.)

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Jun 24, 2022 at 1:36 am
Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
In Denmark last time the teachers were on strike, and I think when the "břrnehave pćdagoger" were on strike. Within 5-6 years I'd say. (not sure what the correct English word is for the second group.)
Kindergartner? The only correct term as a German. But I guess they prefer Pre-School Teacher or Childcare Worker nowadays.

Interesting is the list of official regulated professions in Europe:

https://ec.europa.eu/growth/tools-da...&maxRows=*#top
Old Jun 24, 2022, 1:44 pm

Ugh! I hope they resolve this before our flight on 29 June!
Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by AnaTFN
Husband has a flight on SAS (to US) July 1st and just got the notification from SAS about the strikes and offering him to rebook, even if his flights have not been cancelled yet so the rebooking offer did come before any cancellation.
AND you have to still cover the fare difference. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll take my full refund + 600 euro compensation for a cancelled TATL.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yes. “Den mĺske mest kendte lockout i nyere tid var lćrer-lockouten i 2013.”

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/business/2022...abinepersonale
Old Jun 24, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Barciur
AND you have to still cover the fare difference. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll take my full refund + 600 euro compensation for a cancelled TATL.
Do you, though? SAS website says you can rebook to any other SAS flight for free if the same service class is available (not booking class). But perhaps they just used a wrong wording.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by the810
Do you, though? SAS website says you can rebook to any other SAS flight for free if the same service class is available (not booking class). But perhaps they just used a wrong wording.
I have a flight booked for june 30th. When I enter my reservations, this is the text at the very top:
We understand that flexibility is critical for our travelers, which is why we’re now offering the possibility to rebook your flight. The rebooking fee will be waived, but any price difference between the existing booking and new booking must be paid if the new fare is higher.
the810 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Yes. “Den mĺske mest kendte lockout i nyere tid var lćrer-lockouten i 2013.”

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/business/2022...abinepersonale
9 years, time flies....
Old Jun 25, 2022, 3:30 am

One flights flying CPH-ARN on June29 one is now operated by CityJet (no surprise) - but one operated by BT (This is new)
Is this the SAS contingency plan? Hire in BT and WX to operate the key routes? and prepare for long duration industrial action?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 3:34 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by GreatDane
One flights flying CPH-ARN on June29 one is now operated by CityJet (no surprise) - but one operated by BT (This is new)
Is this the SAS contingency plan? Hire in BT and WX to operate the key routes? and prepare for long duration industrial action?
There were some BT-operared CPH-ARN flights before.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 5:49 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Morale SAS-flygeres forening (NSF) has announced that all 254 Norwegian member pilots will go on strike from 29 June, if mediation is unsuccessful. This is in addition to the 148 member pilots Of SAS Norge Flygerforening (SNF).

Source: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/s...rom-wednesday/
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: Miles & More (LH), BA, AA, Eurobonus : IHG One Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor Live Limitless
Originally Posted by AnaTFN
Husband has a flight on SAS (to US) July 1st and just got the notification from SAS about the strikes and offering him to rebook, even if his flights have not been cancelled yet so the rebooking offer did come before any cancellation.
I also have this message in my booking for LHR - CPH on July 1st.

Maybe I have misunderstood, but I thought it was only SAS Mainline whose pilots will potentially strike, whereas the LHR flights are operated by SAS Connect (different union), and therefore unaffected.

I am wondering whether SAS is simply trying to bring in more revenue from the rebooking activities given that fares will have increased, or would a potential lockout affect Connect flights as well?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by Cornish Exile
I also have this message in my booking for LHR - CPH on July 1st.

Maybe I have misunderstood, but I thought it was only SAS Mainline whose pilots will potentially strike, whereas the LHR flights are operated by SAS Connect (different union), and therefore unaffected.

I am wondering whether SAS is simply trying to bring in more revenue from the rebooking activities given that fares will have increased, or would a potential lockout affect Connect flights as well?
I suspect that SAS Connect will be substituting for a lot of “mainline” flights, so their usual routes might be being consolidated or thinned to make this happen.

As it happens I’m just boarding SK1585 and SE-RSK with SAS Link for CPH-BCN. I’m surprised that only one aircraft appears to have been delivered for SAS Link so far. They won’t be much help in the upcoming disruption.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by GreatDane
Along these lines, I was surprised that the HEL-CPH flight I was on recently was switched to DAT by Finnair. DAT of course ties in with SAS given the strike is Dansk Pilotforening (SAS) vs Flyvebranchens Personale Union (DAT and others). Come to think of it, I am beginning to wonder why I haven’t heard of Finnair being in trouble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.