Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Collective agreement for the pilots being negotiated

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Collective agreement for the pilots being negotiated

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerbell
I called SAS customer service to ask them if my flight will be affected and the rep said he is not aware of any pilot strike that might happen on June 24.

I also checked flySAS website and there is a notice of a possible strike that might start on June 29th. Does that mean that the Danish pilots will not go on strike on June 24th?

https://www.flysas.com/us-en/traffic...ation/message/
It is likely that they decided to synchronise, or Danish media was wrong on the date.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is likely that they decided to synchronise, or Danish media was wrong on the date.
Did they go on a strike on the same day in 2019? I could not find any article about that.
If they went on strike on the same day in 2019, I'd imagine they might do that too in this possible coming strike.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Did they go on a strike on the same day in 2019? I could not find any article about that.
If they went on strike on the same day in 2019, I'd imagine they might do that too in this possible coming strike.
I can't remember TBH, but they have moved it as joint mediation in Stockholm for all three pilot groups. So dates will probably follow closely for all the pilot groups.
​​​​​​
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
It makes perfect sense, as long as a pilot is working SAS can still operate somewhat.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I called SAS customer service to ask them if my flight will be affected and the rep said he is not aware of any pilot strike that might happen on June 24.

I also checked flySAS website and there is a notice of a possible strike that might start on June 29th. Does that mean that the Danish pilots will not go on strike on June 24th?

https://www.flysas.com/us-en/traffic...ation/message/
At least you can get a hold of SAS which is not bad. When are you flying? Do you have any miles banked up with other airlines like United or credit card points that can transfer the miles to SAS or something? As GUWonder mentioned it's possible to book a backup trip with a flexible ticket (award ticket with miles).
Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
At least you can get a hold of SAS which is not bad. When are you flying? Do you have any miles banked up with other airlines like United or credit card points that can transfer the miles to SAS or something? As GUWonder mentioned it's possible to book a backup trip with a flexible ticket (award ticket with miles).
I was on hold for over 30 minutes to talk to a rep and their office is closed on the weekends. I am flying on June 24 and then flying back home on July 13. I am more concerned about June 24 flight than July 13 flight. I just hope that the Danish pilots will not go on strike on June 24th.

I am not familiar with how a backup trip works. I have about 12k United points and I am pretty sure that will not be enough for that. I guess I will just bank on SAS to reroute me if they cancel my flight.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was on hold for over 30 minutes to talk to a rep and their office is closed on the weekends. I am flying on June 24 and then flying back home on July 13. I am more concerned about June 24 flight than July 13 flight. I just hope that the Danish pilots will not go on strike on June 24th.

I am not familiar with how a backup trip works. I have about 12k United points and I am pretty sure that will not be enough for that. I guess I will just bank on SAS to reroute me if they cancel my flight.
I thought you'll be worried if you can go home or not, we are also flying back on July 13 and that's what we are worrying.

They are not going on strike on June 24, it looks official that if anything they will start on June 29th.

12k UA miles won't get you far... If you have a big pile of UA/SAS miles at least you can book it and then cancel it without penalty.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: Free agent, UA 1K, Bonvoy Gold
My partner is flying CDG-CPH-SFO in J on 7/3. If the strike does happen, how does SAS handle this? Will he be rebooked on an alternate *A carrier? Or is he out of luck and needs to wait for a SK flight to open up? Does SK provide hotels for SK pax in cases like this?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bioyuki
My partner is flying CDG-CPH-SFO in J on 7/3. If the strike does happen, how does SAS handle this? Will he be rebooked on an alternate *A carrier? Or is he out of luck and needs to wait for a SK flight to open up? Does SK provide hotels for SK pax in cases like this?
He will be offered a rebooking on another carrier as one of the options.
​​​​​
​​​​​
bioyuki likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:00 pm

He will be offered a rebooking on another carrier as one of the options.
​​​​​
​​​​​
When do they usually offer a rebooking on another carrier? Do they notify the passengers on the departure day or a few days earlier?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
It appears the date for Danish pilots too is June 29.

I disse dage forhandler SAS og flyselskabets piloter en ny overenskomst på en adresse i Gamla Stan i Stockholm.
Og i dag er det kommet frem, at 1.000 piloter fra Danmark, Sverige og Norge vil gå i strejke fra den 29. juni.
https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/penge/sas-...-din-billet-er

The presentation of the 2022 Tour de France teams at the Tivoli Gardens happens to take place on this very day!
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When do they usually offer a rebooking on another carrier? Do they notify the passengers on the departure day or a few days earlier?
My experience when our flight had a mechanical breakdown and couldn't take off:

Got offloaded, took our bags, was told to the check-in counter to queue for the rebooking, before that I got a text saying that we were rebooked to this flight with this reservation code, and told us to go directly to that airline counter to check in.

Be careful with rebooking: in case your booking has checked bag included, the new reservation might not have it included. I had to get SAS to rebook me to another Star Alliance airline so I don't have to pay for extra checked bags. If that's the case, make sure you get a receipt saying that you pay for checked bags that's included in SAS and try to claim it from them.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by nacho
I thought you'll be worried if you can go home or not, we are also flying back on July 13 and that's what we are worrying.
Langdistance-ruterne er nemlig dem, der med sikkerhed vil blive ramt at strejke.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by vanillabean
It appears the date for Danish pilots too is June 29.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/penge/sas-...-din-billet-er

The presentation of the 2022 Tour de France teams at the Tivoli Gardens happens to take place on this very day!

Hello I have a flight from ORD to CPH that is supposed to leave the evening of 29 June. I would assume the pilots would wait to get home before striking? Wondering if I should book back up tickets?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by off2rome
Hello I have a flight from ORD to CPH that is supposed to leave the evening of 29 June. I would assume the pilots would wait to get home before striking? Wondering if I should book back up tickets?
I don't think there will be a flight to ORD that day so there will be no flight back to CPH either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.