Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Collective agreement for the pilots being negotiated

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Collective agreement for the pilots being negotiated

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
In terms of value, there are different redemption means that are of value to different passengers. If you are invested in travel redemption, the SK and EU programs aren't that bad. If you are invested in getting other redemption value, primarily through point stores they are a completely different story. SK actually has a points store but it is populated with unattractive items and meaningless gift cards for example.

Value from FFP programs will always be subjective, but it is easy to create value and set yourself apart from competition.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:19 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
So more competition and the value thereof showed up in what the customers got from the loyalty programs? Then Japan is the epitome of competition, as I have never gotten greater value from my FFP than what I get from JAL....

Opaquenes of pricing isn't that a fundamental part of getting great value from an FFP? You need to study all of the intricacies of each FFP to be able to understand what part of your pricing comes back in form of rebates to be able to compare your price with the competing airline. Admittedly that was less difficult when it was pure flown distance times cabin bonus, and no factors of which specific booking class you were in.
​​​​​​
Opaquness of pricing is a way for airlines to fleece consumers. Airlines are also increasingly making the mileage ticket pricing a more opaque pricing game too by migrating away from the use of published award chart pricing.

Don't the big two Japanese airline programs still have published award charts for their own-metal flights?
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Opaquness of pricing is a way for airlines to fleece consumers. Airlines are also increasingly making the mileage ticket pricing a more opaque pricing game too by migrating away from the use of published award chart pricing.

Don't the big two Japanese airline programs still have published award charts for their own-metal flights?
They still have full award charts for anything.

They are actually fairly transparent on their programs. Though trying to grasp the elite qualifying levels on Team Red can be somewhat confusing the first few times one tries to read their website. It is a long time since I looked at the same details for Team Blue, but in principle the actual mechanisms are rather similar, but maybe the descriptions are less convoluted....
​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.