Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Collective agreement for the pilots being negotiated

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Collective agreement for the pilots being negotiated

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 10:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Amexpat
On July 2, I'm flying OSL - HEL via ARN.. The first leg is operated by Xfly and the second by Air Baltic. Does this mean that these flights won't be effected by the SK pilots strike?
XFly continues as is in not being part of this potential pilot strike. I assume the same for Air Baltic-operated SK flights. Whether SK redeploys the equipment and staff may be up in the air a bit, but maybe it comes down to who has to ultimately pay up for their passengers affected by service changes subject to EC 261/2004.

Does xFly and Air Baltic really want to pick up the risk that may come from trying to do SAS more of a favor than may be required contractually?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Amexpat
On July 2, I'm flying OSL - HEL via ARN.. The first leg is operated by Xfly and the second by Air Baltic. Does this mean that these flights won't be effected by the SK pilots strike?
In theory yes, but in practice no way to know because SK may decide to reallocate the operating aircraft to different routes during a strike.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by view
In theory yes, but in practice no way to know because SK may decide to reallocate the operating aircraft to different routes during a strike.
Wouldn’t there be contractual restrictions on what SAS can do with the contracted flight operators?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: LH HON
My flight went from likely being cancelled to operated by SAS connect to operated by Air Baltic within 24 hours.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Wouldn’t there be contractual restrictions on what SAS can do with the contracted flight operators?
Probably yes but would Air Baltic care whether they operate a flight to Krakow or London? It's SK that picks the bill anyway.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by the810
What is the precedence for airlines in an alliance going bankrupt when it comes to FFP. Obviously, if SK stops paying, we won't get status benefits, but is there usually some status match opportunity?

I won't go as far as hoping for turning my EBG into SEN, but perhaps A3 (which has been handing out status like there's no tomorrow for years) could pitch in?
Opportunities when AB went down: https://loyaltylobby.com/2017/10/23/...bonus-members/
the810 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:36 pm

Really late now for any news - assume this strike is happening for sure.

Way to go union-way to for sure bankrupt SAS
Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: LH HON
Not knowing anything about mediation and talks in Scandinavian countries, I still expect some sort of news until midnight. At least that usually happens elsewhere.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Norway is primed to get back in and buy back into SAS on the cheap. The airline management and employee unions may have that government investor willingness as a consideration in their game play with each other.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: EBG
Kinda late, but is no news good or bad news?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:13 pm

Most certainly bad news.

My EWR - ARN flight still showing as "likely to be cancelled if strike occurs".
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Norway is primed to get back in and buy back into SAS on the cheap. The airline management and employee unions may have that government investor willingness as a consideration in their game play with each other.
So far all Norway has said is that they are willing to convert 1.5 billion NOK from debt to equity, but they are not willing to invest more, or hold this as a long term investment.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:55 pm

Negotiations between the SAS/SK pilots and SAS have been concluded for today, but the parties have decided to continue talks another 72 hours. The strike is thus postponed until 2 July 2022 at 00:01, unless otherwise agreed.

threeoh and Tomas E like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Barciur
Negotiations between the SAS/SK pilots and SAS have been concluded for today, but the parties have decided to continue talks another 72 hours. The strike is thus postponed until 2 July 2022 at 00:01, unless otherwise agreed.

https://twitter.com/SvenskPilot/stat...16706632777732
Some good news!
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:28 pm

So I guess I can assume my flight to ARN on 6/30 (then to OSL on 7/1) will not be cancelled, however my flights to from OSL to CPH on 7/5 - then back to the US on 7/8 might be a different story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.