Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Introducing aeroLOPA: A new portfolio of detailed SAS cabin layout plans

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing aeroLOPA: A new portfolio of detailed SAS cabin layout plans

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2022, 8:53 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow Introducing aeroLOPA: A new portfolio of detailed SAS cabin layout plans

Hello esteemed FlyerTalkers. I'd like to welcome you to aeroLOPA. It's a project I started about a year ago initially for my own benefit but the project transformed into its own dedicated website. Having received several requests for SAS seat maps, I am happy to announce this workflow has now begun and a portfolio of SAS cabin layout plans is in production with the first (beta) phase covering the Airbus A321neo LR and A350 now available on aerolopa.com.

AeroLOPA's mission is to create and share detailed seat diagrams that are as easy to access and read on a mobile phone as they are on a desktop computer. What they do not do is tell you where the best seats are, rather its aim is to provide all the necessary information you need to make your own informed decision. For the all chit chat, questions, answers, and debate, FT is still the place

The creative process starts with a technical blueprint of each aircraft type. Factory standard galley, washroom, storage units are inserted, then the cabins are populated with seats and carefully space planned. It sounds simple, but to ensure accuracy scores of photos are scrutinised, cabin videos closely studied allowing seat positions to be spot checked, adjusted if necessary and the diagrams fine tuned. Thanks to the detailed information I have read here in the SAS forum I am beginning to put the "jigsaws" together but as SAS does appear to keep its seat maps under close wrap, I am hoping some of the knowledgeable regulars here might know if there any third party resource sites you go to whenever you are looking for cabin layouts and seat descriptions.

Enjoy and let me know what's working and any areas you think need attention.

Samples below:

Airbus A321neo LR

Airbus A350-900

FFlash, Svantevit, the810 and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 2:32 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I have been following your development of the site take flight, Prospero - it looks really good, and will surely be very helpful for a lot of people!
Not to be pedantic, but two things struck my mind that you may want to fix for correctness' sake
1. On the A320, you have labelled SAS Plus as "SAS Flex"
2. On the CRJ, you list it as full economy, but those (and actually also the ATRs if I am not wrong) also have adaptable cabins with movable curtains (or something resembling a curtain anyway) between Puls and Go
Prospero likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 12:30 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

To achieve ultimate accuracy no feedback is too trivial or pedantic 😄

Seat maps for the A319, A320, and A330 have now been added. Normally, I would use a broader range of source material but I think I have enough research data to go with.

As far as I understand things, there are two A330 variants which differ in the size of the crew rest located at the back of economy cabin
the810 and SKT-DK like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 1:03 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
The window placement in the A320neo is not quite correct. The diagram suggests that both rows 30 and 31 are without windows. The last pair of windows is roughly aligned with the seatbacks of row 30.

SK2751 and the810 like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
The window placement in the A320neo is not quite correct. The diagram suggests that both rows 30 and 31 are without windows. The last pair of windows is roughly aligned with the seatbacks of row 30.
Many thanks, the seat map has now been adjusted
Old Mar 22, 2022, 1:31 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
More of a question than feedback: SK used to have many CRJ900s that had a different layout from the two on aerolopa. The entrance side of the aisle had two more rows (which had a toilet and cabinets to the right). The first row on the toilet side was #3 as far as I remember. I would bet that recently I flown one of these on another carrier (Nordica/LO?), just SAS logos were unscrewed, but I haven't met this on SK for quite some time. I think they used to be operated by Cimbair, and then for some time by Cityjet. Have the cabins been refitted or are these machines disposed of?

I remember them distinctly, because sitting in the first two rows of PLUS gave you the special experience of sitting in the toilet entrance. Occasionally, you would also get fellow pax join the seat next to you while waiting for their slot
Harper50505 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:41 pm

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Fantastic idea! Nice to see which window seats in SK J are close to the window on a seat map. I have now memorized that even rows are private, but it is surely helpful for others.

Keep up the good work!
Old Mar 24, 2022, 1:39 am

Great site! Much better than SeatGuru.

One small correction: The info below the A321LR seat map says:

SAS Plus
Twelve Collins Aerospace MiQ seats arranged 2-2
20" seat width, converts to 77" flat bed
Static 16" HD touch screen display
Universal AC and USB sockets
The flat bed information is wrong.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by RedChili
It's not a flat bed?

Or is the length incorrect?
Old Apr 5, 2022, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
It's not a flat bed?

Or is the length incorrect?
There's no flat bed in SAS Plus. SAS Plus is a premium economy product.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Great site! Much better than SeatGuru.

One small correction: The info below the A321LR seat map says:

Thanks, the description has now been corrected
Old Apr 6, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
There's no flat bed in SAS Plus. SAS Plus is a premium economy product.
Oh right - I missed that...
Old Aug 23, 2022, 9:29 am
Original Poster

I received some feedback this morning concerning row 30 on board the A321LR, which is the first row in the Economy cabin. These are emergency exit seats so offer additional leg room. However, these seats do not recline. Strangely, they are not equipped with IFE screens either.

There is a pair of seat back screens integrated into the rear of the premium economy seats immediately in front. However, it appears that the occupants in row 30 have no control of the content. The top of these screens are partially obscured as the curtain drapes over the top third of the monitors

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.