Wiki Posts
Search

Qualifying flights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2021, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: EuroBonus
Qualifying flights

How can I make sure that a ticket sold on sas.dk is a qualifying flight?

For example, flights between CPH and TLL mid-october are listes as "operated by Cityjet".

I need another return flight to maintain status, and I need to blow some points on a hotel ;-)

Thanks!
-DanishFlyer
Old Aug 12, 2021, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by DanishFlyer
How can I make sure that a ticket sold on sas.dk is a qualifying flight?

For example, flights between CPH and TLL mid-october are listes as "operated by Cityjet".

I need another return flight to maintain status, and I need to blow some points on a hotel ;-)

Thanks!
-DanishFlyer
As long as it does not have a codeshare flight number. Though Cityjet is normally just an SK subcontractor. There is (used to be) a list of flight number ranges that count as codeshare on the Euro Bonus homepage. If your flight number is 3 digit SKXXX you are definitely home safe. 4 digit will depend on the number range.

Edir: SK Flight number ranges that are out side of SK3000-SK3999 or SK6000-SK9999 would count.
SK2751 likes this.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Aug 12, 2021 at 9:20 am
Old Aug 12, 2021, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!

Flights are SK17xx.

When I looked in the app, the fare rules also say that go light is only valid on SAS operated flights, so the info was really right there.

Now I just need to weigh the risk of cancellations with my need/want to go ;-)

- DanishFlyer
Old Aug 13, 2021, 2:47 am
Original Poster

There is some info here:

https://www.sas.dk/eurobonus/partner...r_70GEUtkKtwRo

But it talks only about basispoints (and include partners, for example *alliance). It is my understanding from that page that some UA flights will give basis points (towards status) but I see nothing about segments. Maybe it is the same? But I thought only SK metal would give segments (and some Widerø).

-DanishFlyer.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 3:30 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Thank you!

Flights are SK17xx.

When I looked in the app, the fare rules also say that go light is only valid on SAS operated flights, so the info was really right there.

Now I just need to weigh the risk of cancellations with my need/want to go ;-)

- DanishFlyer
SK17xx by CityJet shall be fine. It is just a wetlease, not a codeshare. Crossing fingers for no cancellations for you.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK2751
SK17xx by CityJet shall be fine. It is just a wetlease, not a codeshare. Crossing fingers for no cancellations for you.
Thank you - there are several (lengthy) connections via Arlanda, so I should be able to at least go.

- DanishFlyer
Old Aug 13, 2021, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
There is some info here:

https://www.sas.dk/eurobonus/partner...r_70GEUtkKtwRo

But it talks only about basispoints (and include partners, for example *alliance). It is my understanding from that page that some UA flights will give basis points (towards status) but I see nothing about segments. Maybe it is the same? But I thought only SK metal would give segments (and some Widerø).

-DanishFlyer.
Only SK flights give segments, so if you are on an SK number, the key is whether that is a native or a codeshare SK number. So as long as the SK number is not in the ranges above it is a native number.

If it is a codeshare, the question of basis vs extra points depends on the partner. If it is a native SK number operated by someone else like Cityjet, it still a full SK flight in terms of segments and points.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 3:02 am

Hi,

has anoyone an idea what will happen?

I should have had a trip from Frankfurt to Helsinki via Stockholm with SAS. The flight to Stockholm was cancelled and I was rebooked to a non stop flight with Lufthansa to Helsinki.There was no chance of getting reeboked to SAS so I took Lufthansa.

Instead of 2 x 4 qualifying flights there was nothing credited to my account. I wrote an email 2 weeks ago to Eurobonus but did not get an answer yet.

Do you think that I'll have a chance of getting the 2x 4 qualifying flights credited?

Thanks

Last edited by MrSnoot78; Nov 15, 2021 at 10:01 pm
Old Nov 15, 2021, 4:13 pm

Programs: EBD (*G) & Delta Gold Medallion (STE+)
Originally Posted by MrSnoot78
Hi,

I should have had a trip from Frankfurt to Helsinki via Stockholm with SAS. The flight to Stockholm was cancelled and I was rebooked to a non stop flight with Lufthansa to Helsinki.There was no chance of getting reeboked to SAS so I took Lufthansa.

Instead of 2 x 4 qualifying flights there was nothing credited to my account. I wrote an email 2 weeks ago to Eurobonus but did not get an answer yet.

Do you think that I'll have a chance of getting the 2x 4 qualifying flights credited?

Thanks,

Henning
This happened to me a couple of times in May when they also did a 4x promo. Back then they would only credit two segments, ie. not the promo.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 10:12 am

Thanks. That does not sound good..

How long does it usually take to get an answer for a claim? I am waiting for three weeks now...
Old Nov 18, 2021, 1:06 pm

Hi,

Thanks
Just be persistent. Doing Diamond in June with all the cancelation I had to take Icelandair for my KEF-CPH leg and as this was involuntary I asked for ORC and a month later got it. Patience is the key.
MrSnoot78 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by moppuskaft79
Just be persistent. Doing Diamond in June with all the cancelation I had to take Icelandair for my KEF-CPH leg and as this was involuntary I asked for ORC and a month later got it. Patience is the key.
Thank you. Short question: what does ORC mean?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 3:38 pm

Original Routing Credit. When you are involuntary transfer to another flight or airline, just let them know how much you supposed to get and go through all procedure. With BA works in hours, with SAS much slower...
Old Nov 22, 2021, 3:39 pm

original routing credit

meaning they should give you points and awards segments flown as per original itinerary and not as actually flown as a result of irregular operations like delays or cancellations.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Original Route Credit, getting the accrual for the flights you had actually booked, rather than the ones you ended up flying due to cancellations or missed connections.

Eurobonus used to have a stated rule that if you were rebooked to a non earning partner (Iceland Air above) you could claim the points for the flight you were supposed to take. However if you were rebooked to another earning airline, there was no such written rule.

I have tried to look at the Eurobonus pages, I could not find anything about this written any longer. But based on the example of Iceland Air, the non earning airline rule seems to be in place still.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.