Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 10, 2023, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
SAS has its own lounge at Chicago (ORD), which is located in Terminal 5, near Gates M19-M20:

- SAS Lounge (access for EBP, EBD, EBG, *A Gold, *A First Class, *A Business Class, SAS Business, SAS Plus)

In addition to the above lounge in Terminal 5, there are also other lounges located in the other terminals at ORD, a selection of which is provided below:

- United Polaris Lounge (Terminal 1, near Gate C18, access only for intercontinental *A Business, including SAS Business)
- United Clubs (several different locations available in terminals 1 and 2, access to *A First (intercontinental), *A Business (interncontinental) and *G)

To get from Terminal 1, 2 and 3 to Terminal 5 you can use to Airport Transit System (ATS) without leaving the secure area.
Print Wikipost

SAS Lounge Chicago (ORD)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2016, 5:42 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
FAs? No those were SAS employees, some of which happened to be of scandinavian descent.
Did SK ever use off-duty or retired SK FAs at the SK ORD lounge?
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:31 am
BCC

Programs: Eurobonus Gold
Originally Posted by Clay_C.
Was just about to start a very similar topic: I am on SK 946 departing at 21:05. Anyone know if dinner is served upon takeoff? I'd REALLY prefer attempting to get some sleep at that hour, which is made difficult with dinner being served.
I think it is kind of crazy that they have a full dinner service for flights that take off after 21:00. You usually start eating about 1-1.5 hours into the flight. There is so much wasted food. SAS should offer drink service & a light snack for passengers who want it and then serve a nice full breakfast before landing instead of what they serve before landing now.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Did SK ever use off-duty or retired SK FAs at the SK ORD lounge?
Nope they were all full time SAS employees, from all walks of life. Big drama in 2009 when SAS decided to outsource to ASIG in EWR/ORD and Swissport in IAD. The thread read like the world was about to end: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...s-chicago.html Of course nowadays no one remembers.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Nope they were all full time SAS employees, from all walks of life. Big drama in 2009 when SAS decided to outsource to ASIG in EWR/ORD and Swissport in IAD. The thread read like the world was about to end: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...s-chicago.html Of course nowadays no one remembers.
One person did remember
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:20 am
Suspended

So you're saying that you know none of those employees was ever a SK FA before working in that lounge.

I remember that thread , but I never knew the background of each and every lounge employee there. I did know that most didn't seem to be SK FAs at any point in their history.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You were saying as a matter of fact that off duty FAs were working the lounge, which is definitely not true.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:23 am
Suspended

You were saying as a matter of fact that off duty FAs were working the lounge, which is definitely not true.
I think I know how to read my own words. And so I am confident about the following: when it comes to my posts in this thread within the past 48 hours, I made no such statement of fact as you attempt to ascribe to me.

Re-read my posts in this thread and it may become more clear to you, as I asked a question and then made a statement about your statement. I've never claimed to know the background of any or all of the SK employees who have worked the SK ORD lounge. Recall my question, for it can only be answered if knowing the background of each and every person that SK has ever had working at SK ORD lounge.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:25 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I just did it a few days ago on my laptops and got the PYOBP to work fine.
Ok, I fly ARN-ORD-ARN pretty much on a monthly basis and it never works. It also never works for my wife when she's flying with.

I take it you're traveling on a US passport.

Originally Posted by fassy
Yes, printing the PDF from the web check-in works fine. Getting the digital boarding pass in the SAS app doesn't anymore. I didn't work for years, then it worked some time and now it again does not.
The online check-in hasn't provided me with an option to retrieve a digital PDF BP for a longtime either.

Earlier this year the app worked, a feature well overdue, then SK's joke of an IT-department broke it again. It worked for perhaps 2-3 months. The App also doesn't let you retrieve a digital BP after you've retrieved the hardcopy.

It has to be a problem with SK as I never have any issues at any US airport with BA.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Ok, I fly ARN-ORD-ARN pretty much on a monthly basis and it never works. It also never works for my wife when she's flying with.

I take it you're traveling on a US passport.

The online check-in hasn't provided me with an option to retrieve a digital PDF BP for a longtime either.

Earlier this year the app worked, a feature well overdue, then SK's joke of an IT-department broke it again. It worked for perhaps 2-3 months. The App also doesn't let you retrieve a digital BP after you've retrieved the hardcopy.

It has to be a problem with SK as I never have any issues at any US airport with BA.
I fly ORD-ARN, ORD-CPH or ORD-ARN-CPH/OSL (on SK) on US passports. I've had laptop check-in and PYOBP work on all of my SK US-EU/EEA trips this summer -- all of which, whether it matters or not, were the return part of SK's ticketed PNRs for roundtrip or circular travel.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:24 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Mixing up posters!

I think that you are mixing up posters. GUWonder clearly asks about FAs working the lounge, not stating it "as a matter of fact.

The poster implying that off-duty FAs were working the lounge, without stating it explicitly was FlyingMoose.

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
The one improvement in the SK lounge we've seen this year is that they are now using local staff instead of FA's which are much better at turning people away that are not eligible for lounge access. Unfortunately now the ORD-ARN and ORD-CPH flights are closer to each other this has made very little difference to how packed the lounge gets and the food issue is still not addressed.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
The close to retirement age ladies with grey hair and glasses providing the level of service you'd expect in a North Korean prison camp while dressed in flight attendant uniform working as Scandinavian language speaking lounge dragons gave me the impression they where FA's. If they where not, I apologise for being wrong.

Nevertheless that's in the past and they now have other local talent that have assumed these tasks for which my comment do is valid. There is a lot less (read none) "just this one time exception" nonsense going on.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: United Silver, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hyatt.
Originally Posted by BCC
I think it is kind of crazy that they have a full dinner service for flights that take off after 21:00. You usually start eating about 1-1.5 hours into the flight. There is so much wasted food. SAS should offer drink service & a light snack for passengers who want it and then serve a nice full breakfast before landing instead of what they serve before landing now.
I agree...but you now have me concerned about what is served before landing now!
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Titanium; Priority Club Platinum; Hyatt Globalist
Breakfast before Landing

Breakfast before landing seemed like a pretty ordinary business class breakfast. They had a meat and cheese plate, omelets, sausage, yogurt, fruit, muesli, juice, coffee, tea. This was on offer from ORD-ARN on 9/7/16.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by itrvl
Breakfast before landing seemed like a pretty ordinary business class breakfast. They had a meat and cheese plate, omelets, sausage, yogurt, fruit, muesli, juice, coffee, tea. This was on offer from ORD-ARN on 9/7/16.
US -> Europe food on SK is always considerably better than Europe -> US with ARN catering notorious for being the worst.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 1:56 am

To the OP, I've connected at ORD several times in the last year, SAS checkin desk opens 4 hours before the first flight (ARN in my experience). The upsells are quoted in USD and a little higher than SEK upsells at ARN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.